Sign in to follow this  

Rimouski

I read a news article on transit in Rimouski. From what I can understand, transit bus service will be introduced in the city and will be operated by La Québécoise's school bus division. On the city of Rimouski Website, it says the Société des transports de Rimouski offers paratransit and "Taxibus" service. Is the news article refering to upcomming transit service in the sense of conventional transit to compliment the existing paratransit and Taxibus service?

image.thumb.png.11db05549c35fc2dbbabfdcfdeefdca4.pngImage associée

Picture by Denis Leduc, Radio-Canada

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1303945/ville-rimouski-citebus-trajet-transport-commun-autobus-deplacements

10 years after bus service inception, Rimouski is reviewing its circuits. The current offer is nearest-to-stop oriented, creating winding circuits with long travel times. All three lines are synchronized to meet at the downtown « Musée » terminal, in the very center of the city, in front of a museum but also next to the Institut maritime du Québec, a post-secondary institution. An auxiliary transfer point, « Gare », litteraly three blocks away, next to the train station (with train service at night, only...), offer some shortcut transfers during the day.

Two taxibus services in suburban areas (Bic and Rimouski-Est―Pointe-au-Père) also reach the Musée transfer point, while the two other taxibus services offering services in rural areas have transfer points at the edge of the town.

The city aims at offering more direct routes, with less travel times. I'd say a kid could draw better lines better than they are now, without spending 100k$ with consultants, as the town is somewhat dense and organized around a few main axis (route 132, route 232, Cathédrale, 2e Rue, Arthur-Buies and Leonidas).

• Like 2