GRT Security Cameras

Transit 20

hey everybody i seen the Security Cameras have been put on the buses if anybody sees any other buses please post your sightings thanks.

1997 Nova LFS.531.

1998 Orion 06.501.533.

1999 Nova LFS.

2002 New Flyer D40LF.2202.

2003 Orion 07.501.2323.

2004-2005 Nova LFS.2416.2418.2426.

2006.Nova LFS.2605.2614.

2007.Nova LFS.2707.2723.

2008.Nova LFS.8012.8014.8016.8017.8019.

2008 Nova LFS Hybrid.8022.8024.

2009.Nova LFS.20911

2010 Nova LFS.21003.21006.

2011 Nova LFS.21106.

2011 Nova LFS Hybrid.

Mobility Plus.

hey everybody i seen the Security Cameras have been put on 21006 if anybody sees any other buses please post your sightings thanks.

Saw 8014 and 21006 already. Still looking for 2614 and others.

They need a camera on the "Street Side" as well (Drivers side, watching the mirror?) and possibly could use one on the rear (Like a "back up camera", but instead to watch for "rear end" collisions?)

Just my opinion.

hey there 2614 was on the 7s all day i got it 2 times there is a camera in the front camera in the windshield looking into traffic there is 1 near the front door out side there is 2 near the driver 1 in the back and 1 in the middle i agree with the back up camera

Has anyone noticed that the "front" camera (the one in the windshield looking forward) is placed so high on the windshield that it is "above" the path of the wiper blade? I would think that if it is raining, or snowing (with snow, or "slush" stuck on the windshield) the "view" of the camera would be almost useless. Wouldn't it be smarter to have the camera lowered so that the view it sees is through a "clear" windshield? One that is wiped by the wiper blades?

Has anyone noticed that the "front" camera (the one in the windshield looking forward) is placed so high on the windshield that it is "above" the path of the wiper blade? I would think that if it is raining, or snowing (with snow, or "slush" stuck on the windshield) the "view" of the camera would be almost useless. Wouldn't it be smarter to have the camera lowered so that the view it sees is through a "clear" windshield? One that is wiped by the wiper blades?

lol, oh my

It should be noted that none of the cameras have been activated yet; I noticed yesterday the posting at the garage that they will not be activated until the warning stickers/labels go in/on the buses.Just in case anyone was wondering.

And you believe that! Come on, Big Brother has to be monitoring them right now, in order to ensure that they are "set up" correctly, and "viewing what they want"! They're just not telling you!

And you believe that! Come on, Big Brother has to be monitoring them right now, in order to ensure that they are "set up" correctly, and "viewing what they want"! They're just not telling you!

Why are you worried about it? Something to hide?

ok so I was sitting in the seat of one of the Novas with that "Great Eye" and I have to say that from where I was sitting it doesn't look like the camera can even see the driver seat.

ok so I was sitting in the seat of one of the Novas with that "Great Eye" and I have to say that from where I was sitting it doesn't look like the camera can even see the driver seat.

That's intentional. If you read the staff report for the security cameras it mentions that because it's not a tool for employee behavior monitoring there won't be any cameras on the driver.

That's intentional. If you read the staff report for the security cameras it mentions that because it's not a tool for employee behavior monitoring there won't be any cameras on the driver.

This video clip from the supplier, SEON, seems to certainly show a setup viewing the "drivers seat"! Hmmm? (This is viewing 1 camera only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZLWjPNhOA...feature=related

This one is a little more realistic ............. (Viewing 4 cameras)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37xwvEIFZ0M...feature=related

Remember, GRT is installing 6 Cameras in each bus for this test.

This video clip from the supplier, SEON, seems to certainly show a setup viewing the "drivers seat"! Hmmm? (This is viewing 1 camera only)

I'm quite certain SEON can install the cameras wherever the customer asks for them to be installed. That video is NOT of a GRT bus, in fact, it's not even a transit bus.

I'm quite certain SEON can install the cameras wherever the customer asks for them to be installed. That video is NOT of a GRT bus, in fact, it's not even a transit bus.

I think what "Leave By Rear Door"was trying to say (or show) is that GRT can have these cameras aimed anywhere.

Obviously that is not a GRT bus. It certainly looked like a school bus to me but the issue here is "what they will show, or be able to observe"

If you look above the Drivers Seat on a GRT bus equipped with cameras, though, you will see a camera positioned in such a way that it could show passengers entering, very much in the same way the first video clip did, on the school bus. I would say, IMHO, that is what the GRT camera "above" the Drivers seat views.............passengers boarding the bus.

I think what "Leave By Rear Door"was trying to say (or show) is that GRT can have these cameras aimed anywhere.

Obviously that is not a GRT bus. It certainly looked like a school bus to me but the issue here is "what they will show, or be able to observe"

If you look above the Drivers Seat on a GRT bus equipped with cameras, though, you will see a camera positioned in such a way that it could show passengers entering, very much in the same way the first video clip did, on the school bus. I would say, IMHO, that is what the GRT camera "above" the Drivers seat views.............passengers boarding the bus.

Exactly!

That doesn't make any sense at all.

I want a camera right on the driver's area.

Think about it....no more bulls--t accusations from the customer who management thinks is always right!!!!

If you're doing your job, what better defense than a video of the whole thing???