General FY Moments

Orion VIII

On 9/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, captaintrolley said:

Condo insurance all paid. Great to get that out of the way for another year.

Same here, and just did the property tax payment online; all three majors now done for a year now;  home and car insurance and now property tax. Almost 2000 modeling tokens out the tubes.

• Like 1

(ex) Room mate is finally packing her stuff and moving out on Tuesday.  I feel sorry for those movers. This is only some of it. Her bedroom is still FULL of stuff, and she has a full to overflowing off-site storage locker that she want to move the contents of into her new place because now she won't be able to afford both.  End of the line for the gravy train...

PA100001.JPG

PA100002.JPG

PA100003.JPG

PA100004.JPG

PA100005.JPG

PA100006.JPG

PA100007.JPG

PA100008.JPG

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Just how large was her space?? 🙀

Her space was a smallish bedroom, maybe 100 Sq Ft including a walk in closet. And a regular sized bathroom (which one would have to enter sideways because of so much stuff behind the door) Then she 'took over' 2/3 of a LARGE bookcase, 3/4 of the kitchen cupboards, 2/3 of a credenza in the dining room AND 1/4 of MY closet.  I told her before she moved in to only bring the essentials. She moved in with a 5 ton moving truck, and screwed her face up at me and said that these were the essentials.  She's an absolute loon.  

Today she tells me " I can't wait to move so I can throw some of this junk out".  She should have done that before she moved here.  She said she was going to throw some stuff out but ran out of time.  How hard is it to just leave stuff behind? I've done that.  Keep your damage deposit Mr. Landlord and use it to pay for the Junk Removal Guys. Easy !!!  But she won't throw any of it out.

Got worse when her brother died. He was also a hoarder and she started to bring home stuff from his place. He's been dead almost a year and (his estate) is still paying for his off site storage locker, plus he had rented an extra parking stall in his underground parking for file cabinets filled with stuff.  And guess what, sister is also a hoarder.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:03 PM, MCIBUS said:

No offence, but she sounded like a hoarder. I hope she likes her new place. DAM Rents getting expensive. Something I'll be doing in the near future after selling the house.

No offense, she is a hoarder. Same with her sister and late brother. When we were room mates 45 years ago, she was not at all like this. I had been to her old place before she moved in with me, and I saw she had a lot of stuff, but figured she would bring what she absolutely needed and leave the rest behind for the Junk Removal Guys. (That's what I did with my old place before I moved to Vancouver in 2011).  Moving is supposed to be a way of downsizing. Apparently not....

Her new place is a two bedroom so she can take what she has in off-site storage and move it in with her. She says she's gonna go through it all and get rid of some stuff.... THAT I would pay to see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the windows washed, in particular the window by ex-roomates bedroom.  She had so much stuff piled inside her room I could not get near the window to remove the screen. She had so much stuff on 'her side' of the balcony I could never do a thorough job of her window from the outside.

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got a BS parking ticket thrown out as I successfully argued it was invalid because it didn't follow procedure, infraction location wasn't an actual Civic address, does not match my travel for that day, nor was there evidence provided to me via a photo, by bylaw. Given that I'm currently insolvent, this was a great victory for me to not give the city $95. Up yours, Ottawa 321-1.gif.dcfaa93a082a948176a197b8452d5285.gif laugh-1.gif.ad29533932631f80fe46c7a2d1ef3ad4.gif

20221115_132447.thumb.png.590074a258d5a1a182c1ebe2776111d3.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting together with my son on Monday. He's agreed to take me shopping to a few places.

It used to be you could get everything at 'the mall', but now malls have very little selection and stores are scattered all about the city. It is difficult to go shopping without a vehicle these days, lugging all your purchases around from bus to bus and from store to store. I don't have the energy for that. I'm tired and sore all the time. I don't like shopping online, because some things require trying on, or need a quality check. And if a place doesn't ship by Canada Post, I won't order. Too many Porch Pirates here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's been snowing all day here but the temp is just above freezing. Earlier today I cleaned off the sidewalks and driveway. Now the concrete is warm enough everything is melting on contact so I shouldn't have to shovel much tonight or in the morning after the temp drops. Just sprinkle some de-icer and should be set. Other houses on the block meanwhile have a good couple inches of heavy wet slop to clear, or probably a solid chunk of icy snow to break through later.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, captaintrolley said:

I don't like shopping online, because some things require trying on, or need a quality check. And if a place doesn't ship by Canada Post, I won't order. Too many Porch Pirates here.

I haven't been gotten by the PP people yet but I definitely avoid buying stuff online if I can pick up in a store instead. I avoid Amazon as much as possible, but I was pumped to discover they have a locker location very convenient to a major bus stop downtown that is served by my local route. So at least for random hard to find stuff I can usually get it shipped there and then grab it a day later at my convenience vs. hoping it's still on the porch when I get home.

• Like 1

Finally got a whole whack of house cleaning done. A neighbor of mine whose like always popping in and underfoot when I am trying to do things is away for a few days. Took the better part of the day because I had to stop and take many rest breaks as my physical health is not nearly as good as it used to be. Sure feels good to finally git 'er done.

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My local Loblaws marked down the Head & Shoulders shampoo with 50 percent off stickers. Plus the 700 mL bottles were on-sale, so instead of $8.94/bottle, I only paid just under $4.50 before taxes. 

Checking the expiry date and they don't expire until September 2024. Most likely this specific store wanted to move product considering there was no damage either.