Orion VIII

General FY Moments

Found $20.00 in the snowy parking lot yesterday (the FY moment). Treated myself to breakfast at Remedy Cafe this morning. I had a double shot Red Eye (coffee) and an Egg & Swiss bagel with hot sauce. (I suppose this could go it the Eats thread... but I am not eating it *now* LOL )

Remedyegg & swiss.jpg

• Like 1

I went to this awesome retro arcade called Tilt. It has a nice selection of games from the 70's, 80's 90's. It also has a variety of systems as well to play as well. Sadly it gets crowded quite quickly and people under 19 can only stay until 8pm which sucks for me because I am in that group. But it's worth it for the classic games that they have.

Some of my favourite games that they have there include:

TMNT, Baby Pac-Man, Robotron 2084, Time Pilot, Track and Field, Q*bert,  Burgertime, Crystal Castles, Bubble Bobble, Frogger and one machine that has Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr and Mario Bros.

I noticed that they like to rotate there games in and out as some of the pinball machines, Space Invaders and Asteroids were Missing from this visit.

I also managed to get the high scores for Burgertime, Missile Command, Ms. Pac-Man, Bubble Bobble and Time Pilot.

This was definitely worth the $5 entry fee...

Mom refused to get into the  WheelchairTaxi to go to her doctor's appointment today... so I got to go back home and relax instead of take her to the doctor ☺️

• Like 1

Finished school at 3:30 today instead of 5:30. This might be the only time I get to go home early for the semester as I finish classes between 17:20 and 19:30.

• Like 1

My friend Mary from the pool is going to Mexico for 9 weeks and is clearing out her fridge / pantry. She gave me two bags of Cobs Bakery croissants, a small bag of home made perogies, and some home made apple loaf / cake. Yummy !!!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, captaintrolley said:

(I suppose this could go it the Eats thread... but I am not eating it *now* LOL )

I never am eating when using the computer so all of my "eating" posts are postprandial.

Just purchased a Canon 18-135 STM lens to replace my 18-55 IS on my Canon Rebel T2i.  The autofocus on my 18-55 is worn out and takes quite a long time to focus.  Can’t wait to try my new toy out tomorrow!

8C6D1770-613C-4002-8F1A-256F6D03292E.jpeg

1EC6CC4D-E43B-4466-9325-37CE5F6E5EF9.jpeg

• Like 2

Two things I want to share:

I am part of the praise and worship band at my church as a keyboardist. Since then, our worship leading opportunities have been largely limited to internal events within our parish community. But last night, we went on stage and were featured in the pre-show for an event attended by hundreds of people from across the region and that was even live streamed over the Internet - and for the first time since joining the ministry about a year and a half ago, I felt that I belonged to the team as a real worship leader. Amazing, but true.

Meanwhile, today at work, we were playing a game of Jeopardy where we were tested on our knowledge of Finance. After a grueling start where my team fell behind our opponent by a wide margin, we managed to claw our way back and in the end, came out on top, winning ourselves the prize of being able to leave work 90 minutes early tomorrow and get paid for it! ...

• Like 4

I finally found a small and compact backpack! No more lugging around a load the size of a toddler when I go out. (The backpack I got is on the right).

backpack.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

I finally found a small and compact backpack! No more lugging around a load the size of a toddler when I go out. (The backpack I got is on the right).

I bought a small compact back pack once because I was tired of those bigger ones, and the first time I went to Safeway with it, I discovered it was a bit small for my needs. So I went back to the bigger one. Seems I am always carting stuff around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I bought a small compact back pack once because I was tired of those bigger ones, and the first time I went to Safeway with it, I discovered it was a bit small for my needs. So I went back to the bigger one. Seems I am always carting stuff around.

I still have a cumbersome backpack, but I've found I haven't had much need for it since I finished school. I imagine it could be useful for grocery shopping (I still live at home so we can all drive to the grocery store for now) but otherwise I generally travel pretty light. It's been a pain to find one like this, it seems that most men's backpacks are marketed to the 'carry all your worldly possessions all at once' crowd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

This one might make y'all chuckle. When I go out photographing, I use a bundle buggy filled with my tripods and cameras.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

I still have a cumbersome backpack, but I've found I haven't had much need for it since I finished school. I imagine it could be useful for grocery shopping (I still live at home so we can all drive to the grocery store for now) but otherwise I generally travel pretty light. It's been a pain to find one like this, it seems that most men's backpacks are marketed to the 'carry all your worldly possessions all at once' crowd.

I don't live at home and have never owned a vehicle. If I have a modest load of groceries I will just take my backpack. If I have a lot of items, or heavy items (beverage cartons, canned goods) or awkwardly large items (TP) I have one of those granny carts (a canvas bag on wheels) which is a life saver when a backpack just won't do. I did see some nice compact Oakley bags a few years ago, but styles change and stores switch up their stock every once in a while to follow market trends.

• Like 2

Just now, captaintrolley said:

I have one of those granny carts (a canvas bag on wheels) which is a life saver when a backpack just won't do.

That's what I was trying to describe. I didn't know what they were called. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, 7575 said:

This one might make y'all chuckle. When I go out photographing, I use a bundle buggy filled with my tripods and cameras.

Great idea. I used to hang out with a friend of mine several years ago and we used to go around taking photos of trolleys. He used to make me carry his stuff - he called me 'Captain Caddy'.  He should take a cue from you !!!

Just now, 7575 said:

That's what I was trying to describe. I didn't know what they were called. Thanks.

My son calls them granny carts, so that's what I call them now. Maybe the term will catch on.... look for it soon in the Urban Dictionary. LOL

• Haha 1