General FY Moments

Orion VIII

11 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

And today it was a penny and a dime; I can now make my mortgage payment!:rolleyes:

You want to know how to find more coins? Check the coin return tray and the area around the coinstar machines in walmart, when i was in niagara falls last week i found a total of 0.37 near those machines in 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

This is awesome. I should really be appalled by this incident, but this couldn't have happened to a *nicer* person.  Twinkle Toes the resident therapy cat at the nursing home brought my mom a dead (albeit still warm) mouse during the middle of the night. :lol:

Poor Mickey!:huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got together with my neighbor and we brought a bunch of bedspreads, throws, comforters, etc to the laundromat. She has a car, so much easier than to take it all on the bus. I had two comforters, a large knit throw and a bedspread, she had a large double sized bedspread and a winter coat. The laundromat is next to a deli, so I sprung for coffee and a light lunch.

Feels SO good to get the big stuff done and out of the way. Those items are just to big to go into apartment sized machines.

Then a load of regular washing to do tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

True Story..

So I was on the rte 3 coming back from JPC. There were the usual gaggle of drivers holding court on board going back to Mitchell. One of them was a lady, from her badge number I would say she had about 10 years seniority. She was chewing and snapping her gum and my first impression was less than impressive.

Anyhow, they took turns chatting about their daily highlights and other operational anecdotes when the lady spoke up about driving the route 7 (trolley) one day. This isn't about her story. She wrapped up her tale by saying that she really loved driving trolleys and still misses them. Her gum chewing demerits vanished just like that.

I'm still smiling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Rain and thunderstorm.  I'm loving it so much. ^_^

You should have seen yesterday here in toronto, the storm was awesome! I was connecting from the 24 to the 52 at carlignview and dixon, suddenly it got very dark at like 4 pm. A few minutes later, out of nowhere lighting struck the hotel right across the street from where i was waiting, then it started pouring. Below is a shot of it getting suddenly really dark at like 4 pm, minutes before the lightning strike, also a shot of how heavy it was raining.

20170804_162144.jpg

20170804_162509.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

You should have seen yesterday here in toronto, the storm was awesome! I was connecting from the 24 to the 52 at carlignview and dixon, suddenly it got very dark at like 4 pm. A few minutes later, out of nowhere lighting struck the hotel right across the street from where i was waiting, then it started pouring. Below is a shot of it getting suddenly really dark at like 4 pm, minutes before the lightning strike, also a shot of how heavy it was raining.

Awesome stuff. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2017 at 10:21 PM, captaintrolley said:

^ A lawnmower in working condition is a good thing to have.

Especially when one has almost two acres to mow.

IMG_20170715_165855[1].jpg

On 8/5/2017 at 7:36 PM, H4 5600 said:

lighting struck the hotel right across the street from where i was waiting,

Reminds me of when I was waiting at the Cypress Creek TriRail station and lightning hit the office building directly across the tracks. That was LOUD!

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Especially when one has almost two acres to mow.

IMG_20170715_165855[1].jpg

Reminds me of when I was waiting at the Cypress Creek TriRail station and lightning hit the office building directly across the tracks. That was LOUD!

Once i was at the bct downtown terminal waiting for some gilligs when lighting struck the roof of the terminal. Now that was loud!

Last night I was wandering around Slovakia and an enormous thunderstorm started literally minutes after I got back to the car. The road was soaked and the sky lit up every couple of minutes, and I got it all on dashcam. My glasses had a lot of smudges on them so when a car passed in the opposite direction everything was just a blur of noise and light. I wouldn't have wanted to be driving in that weather LOL