roeco

Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

I just did some searching...and found an article about it. If not to Ottawa they could easily do Sault Ste Marie to Sudbury and North Bay. That would help a lot...I guess if they didn't serve Ottawa passengers could always go to Toronto and then Ottawa.

Tofino Bus will take over Greyhounds Vancouver Island service between Nanaimo-Campbell River and Port Hardy starting Oct.1 And to much surprise Tofino Bus will be Operating 3 Daily Schedules on this route as far as Campbell River...with 1 schedule continuing onto Port Hardy. Greyhounds Calgary to Cranbrook local will end Oct.6th.

You can always fly Bearskin Airlines

Bearskin dropped Ottawa over a year ago. To get from Ottawa to North Bay earlier this year on a tight timeline, I took the train to Toronto and the ONR bus to North Bay. Greyhound is really the only direct option, and it's pretty bad.

Bearskin dropped Ottawa over a year ago. To get from Ottawa to North Bay earlier this year on a tight timeline, I took the train to Toronto and the ONR bus to North Bay. Greyhound is really the only direct option, and it's pretty bad.

Thanks for the update, been few years since I been up north that way.

Its also interesting to Note that Tofino Bus plans to Operate a Downtown Vancouver to Nanaimo Service Effective October 15. Im not sure how this will work unless smaller vans/buses are used which may make it a viable option.

Actually Tofino bus ended up taking over Greyhounds Horseshoe Bay connector and runs 3 trips a day between HB ferry and Vancouver bus depot.

Kind of a positive note!! Greyhound has implemented some service changes on Its Vancouver to Kamloops corridor. Eff Dec 4 Schedule 5005 will now Start on Fridays Only at Thompson Rivers University and will Lv at 12pm on its reg schedule to Vancouver. And on Sundays ONLY 5122 will arrive in Kamloops at 7 pm and proceed to TRU arriving at 710pm.

Also A New Schedule on Fridays Only will Leave Vancouver at 10:30am via Abbotsford to Kamloops Arriving at 3:30pm, Lv Kamloops at 4:30pm arr in Vancouver at 930pm. And On Sudays Schedule 5055 will continue to Lv at 6pm from Kamloops and also on Sun Only Lv Vancouver at 2:30 pm Arr Kamloops 7:30pm.

I would think they probably expect Heavy Usage to/from TRU.

5055 has is a Friday and Sunday only service from Kelowna to Vancouver. There has never been a 6pm Kamloops to Vancouver departure. 5153 departs at 5:00pm and 5053 used to depart at 4:30. A 10:30 depature to Kamloops sounds like a restart of schedule 5020.

oops sorry Airwolf ..But 5055 Now Operates Sundays Only Leaving Kelowna at 6pm. No longer on Fridays...It seems the Friday departure is now schedule 5105 Lv Kelowna at 1630. I meant to say Kelowna ^^ not Kamloops;. Look on the schedule site.. :)

Is passenger usage that high on the Vancouver to Kamloops and Kelowna corridors on Fri/Sun?

It appears that GCTC added extra schedules 5613 & 5614 during the Christmas/New Years rush between Toronto and Calgary. Trips are scheduled for Saturday, January 2 & Sunday January 3 and operate express.

It appears that GCTC added extra schedules 5613 & 5614 during the Christmas/New Years rush between Toronto and Calgary. Trips are scheduled for Saturday, January 2 & Sunday January 3 and operate express.

That would probably explain why the extra bus with a trailer unexpectedly showed up in Toronto on Christmas Eve (the only trips that run trailers out of Toronto are the cross-country trips heading to Western Canada).

They added the trip all the way from Vancouver to Sudbury with extra Toronto and Ottawa trips...and yes they were Express all the way! Only running like 4-5 days a week. They left Vancouver 6pm arr Calgary 7 am .Left Calgary 1215 pm... On the Return the trips left Toronto at 6pm arriving in Sudbury around 11 lv at 1200am and by the time it left Winnipeg it left an hour after the Reg Schedule arr Calgary at 430 pm Lv at 705 pm and Arriving Vancouver at 530am.

I did notice in the west that several Trans Canada Trips overloaded out of Calgary as far as Medicine Hat and return...also Regina was pretty heavy too. I could see them possibly doing a Calgary to Regina local in the near future. THat seems to be the heaviest part of the trip....beyond Regina to Winnipeg not so much.

What i like to see is a run from Ottawa to Vancouver(Express) and not have to wait 1 to 3 hrs between cities, before it leaves again on the way Vancouver.

IE L-Ottawa To A-Sudbury 1/2 wait.L-Sudbury to A-Winnipeg 1/2 wait. L-Winnipeg to A-Calgary 1/2 wait.L-Calgary to A-Vancouver.

What i like to see is a run from Ottawa to Vancouver(Express) and not have to wait 1 to 3 hrs between cities, before it leaves again on the way Vancouver.

IE L-Ottawa To A-Sudbury 1/2 wait.L-Sudbury to A-Winnipeg 1/2 wait. L-Winnipeg to A-Calgary 1/2 wait.L-Calgary to A-Vancouver.

If that is the case why not just run it from Montreal instead of Ottawa

Actually the Express schedule Greyhound had at Christmas did just that hit all the major points Sudbury to Vancouver. And that would probably work actually better during the Summer season...with a few tweaks to the one they had running at Christmas would work! Vancouver to Calgary Express is very popular everytime they run it, so that will def. continue to be a school break/summer thing like they have been running it the last couple years.

It's kinda odd that a TCH Express isn't available as of yet! I would think they will run it as it was quite popular the last few summers..!! Especially the Vancouver to Calgary part. And seems to be popular over Christmas too. It usually starts Victoria day weekend til labor day.

Not sure how long it's been but I noticed that Greyhound no longer has the Air France shuttle from Ottawa to Montreal.  Skyport has the contract now and is running a Setra S417 that has a full wrap on it.