Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

roeco

On 11/12/2022 at 11:50 PM, ns8401 said:

Effective 11/1/22

NEW:

4177 Albany, New York to Syracuse, New York
4188 Syracuse, New York to Albany, New York

Other Changes:

4175 Boston, Massachusetts to Syracuse, New York -- Will now operate from Boston, Massachusetts to Albany, New York

4194 Syracuse, New York to Boston, Massachusetts -- Will now operate from Albany, New York to Boston, Massachusetts

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/76-22.pdf

Not sure what is the point of having separate schedules. Ourbus with Coach Express operates between Buffalo and Boston with stops at Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Lee and Worcester with connections to University of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, NY, Niagara Falls, ON, Hamilton, Mississauga, Toronto and Scarborough in Canada. Unless Greyhound has beef with Peter Pan since they operate between Albany and Boston.

8 hours ago, ns8401 said:

No it doesn't... I forgot to include that they have established a new stop in Woodburn, Oregon. It's to the northeast of Salem. 

Well that seems to be their new business model...to abandon costly downtown terminals in favor of suburban stops conveniently located at an interstate highway exit.  Of course, that's only convenient for those on that side of a particular town, and sometimes means no local transit connections other than a taxi or uber type service.

8 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Interestingly we don't. For that matter I can only think of two people from another coach company out of 51 drivers. I'm not exactly sure why. I did have a Greyhound driver ask me if we were hiring a couple days ago. I know a former Greyhound driver interviewed recently but ultimately didn't get it or turned it down. Most of our people either drove truck, school bus or for the vast majority... they don't have a CDL and we train them to get one. I asked once why we don't tend to get very many folks from other coach companies... something about not wanting to go through the trouble of breaking bad habits. The trouble is that the new folks that aren't used to the hours have a hard time adjusting and so retention is an issue. We had 81 before the pandemic and 49 when everybody was called back from layoff and had to return or leave. We have hired 33 drivers.. sounds good right? We have lost 31 drivers including several experienced ones plus the new folks that burn out or don't make it. 18 months later we have... 51 drivers. Not exactly a great score.

Our company has several "return from retirement" driver's, some even older than myself.  Of course, being in South Florida, there is an abundance of those.  We share a similar experience with our younger hires.  Kind of a 'revolving door'....they come, stay awhile, and leave. One thing Academy does not do, is offer any real incentives for full time driver's to stick around...being a non-union operation, they choose to not assign work by seniority.  We do, like many other companies, offer sign-on bonuses and some driver's upon fulfilling their commitment, will then leave for another job.  We also get many former school bus driver's.  Some of our part-timer's still drive them full time, and drive for us weekends and summer's.

4 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Not sure what is the point of having separate schedules. Ourbus with Coach Express operates between Buffalo and Boston with stops at Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Lee and Worcester with connections to University of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, NY, Niagara Falls, ON, Hamilton, Mississauga, Toronto and Scarborough in Canada. Unless Greyhound has beef with Peter Pan since they operate between Albany and Boston.

I too, can't understand why they are chopping thru trips into shorter segments.  Back in the old days, they ran trips coast to coast, and border to border, They must have some strategy for that, but I cannot figure it out.  I don't think they would do it to deliberately drive away business...

As for them ending their revenue sharing and schedule pooling with Peter Pan several years ago...I can't see where that would make any sense for them not running thru, either.  Greyhound ran Boston-Worcester-Springfield-Pittsfield-Albany route long before Peter Pan did.  Peter Pan started out between Springfield, Worcester, and Boston, and later acquired Bonanza, who had a Providence-Springfield-Allbany route inherited from Interstate Busses Company.   They used those 'rights' to then run thru service Boston to Albany, and for a while, after joining the Trailways association, pooled with Adirondack and Empire Trailways, and Gray Coach Lines to run thru Boston to Toronto service during a Greyhound strike, and continued later in competition with Greyhound, and its new pool partner, Trentway-Wager.

Effective 11/22/22

Other Changes:

1011 -- Brunswick, Georgia has been discontinued

1014 -- Brunswick, Georgia has been discontinued

3791 -- Melbourne, Florida has been discontinued

3798 -- Melbourne, Florida has been discontinued

Effective 11/24/22

** NEW TABLE 477 Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas **

NEW:

FLX9314 Austin, Texas to Houston, Texas

FLX9315 Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas

FLX9316 Austin, Texas to Houston, Texas

FLX9317 Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas

FLX9318 Austin, Texas to Houston, Texas

FLX9319 Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas

** FLIX BUS SCHEDULES THAT INTERLINE TO GREYHOUND**

On 11/21/2022 at 7:00 AM, traildriver said:

I too, can't understand why they are chopping thru trips into shorter segments.  Back in the old days, they ran trips coast to coast, and border to border, They must have some strategy for that, but I cannot figure it out.  I don't think they would do it to deliberately drive away business...

As for them ending their revenue sharing and schedule pooling with Peter Pan several years ago...I can't see where that would make any sense for them not running thru, either.  Greyhound ran Boston-Worcester-Springfield-Pittsfield-Albany route long before Peter Pan did.  Peter Pan started out between Springfield, Worcester, and Boston, and later acquired Bonanza, who had a Providence-Springfield-Allbany route inherited from Interstate Busses Company.   They used those 'rights' to then run thru service Boston to Albany, and for a while, after joining the Trailways association, pooled with Adirondack and Empire Trailways, and Gray Coach Lines to run thru Boston to Toronto service during a Greyhound strike, and continued later in competition with Greyhound, and its new pool partner, Trentway-Wager.

Now Ourbus is stepping up!

1 hour ago, traildriver said:

I am not familiar with this outfit.   Are they an actual company, or are they like Flix -- a booking site?

They are like FLIX if I understand it right. They contract with others to run their routes for them. I don’t believe they own any equipment.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:31 AM, traildriver said:

Well that seems to be their new business model...to abandon costly downtown terminals in favor of suburban stops conveniently located at an interstate highway exit.  Of course, that's only convenient for those on that side of a particular town, and sometimes means no local transit connections other than a taxi or uber type service.

Can't say its a recent thing. The last new terminal GH the company built was probably pre-strike in 1990. All the actions taken by the comapny after that has been moving to gas stations and park and rides. 

What is new however if the increasing number of e-ticketing only locations including mid-sized locations such as Toledo, OH and Springfield, MA

2 hours ago, ns8401 said:

They are like FLIX if I understand it right. They contract with others to run their routes for them. I don’t believe they own any equipment.

Yep exact same business model. Partner contract model. Ourbus is the ticket seller, and contractor operates the buses. They operate curbside as well. (They are even worse at some aspect as well, they have like 20 different NYC curbside location, and each route leaves at different locations)

12 minutes ago, traildriver said:

FLIX, Our Bus...if this is the "new normal" for intercity bus lines...well...lets just say I am glad I retired from that side of the business, when I did...

I honestly don’t think it’s the new normal at least in the middle of the country. All of the smaller companies can cover 2/3rds or more of the country and resist…. Well I’m optimistic that they can. I’m less optimistic that FLIX can fix Greyhound and make it work. But the other companies generally run all their runs everyday and usually within reason time wise. Greyhound cannot say the same and FLIX and co. with their curbside stuff simply confuses people. 

On 11/26/2022 at 10:29 PM, traildriver said:

I am not familiar with this outfit.   Are they an actual company, or are they like Flix -- a booking site?

Like Flixbus but recently Ourbus has changed more to a reseller than a 'de facto' operator with wrapped buses that appear to be their own.

Megabus has switched to the same concept as Ourbus now with the 2 recent reseller partnerships with Fullington Trailways and Trailways of NY.

14 hours ago, traildriver said:

FLIX, Our Bus...if this is the "new normal" for intercity bus lines...well...lets just say I am glad I retired from that side of the business, when I did...

Somewhat the 'new normal' but more like an alternative to reduce cost for a Carrier to employ a marketing team and Customer Service team. Both Megabus and Ourbus have their own marketing team and their own Customer Service team. Can't speak for Megabus but Ourbus takes a 20% cut for each ticket sold which leaves the Carrier to focus on the Drivers and Maintenance.

8 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Like Flixbus but recently Ourbus has changed more to a reseller than a 'de facto' operator with wrapped buses that appear to be their own.

Megabus has switched to the same concept as Ourbus now with the 2 recent reseller partnerships with Fullington Trailways and Trailways of NY.

Somewhat the 'new normal' but more like an alternative to reduce cost for a Carrier to employ a marketing team and Customer Service team. Both Megabus and Ourbus have their own marketing team and their own Customer Service team. Can't speak for Megabus but Ourbus takes a 20% cut for each ticket sold which leaves the Carrier to focus on the Drivers and Maintenance.

If you lose 20% and then have drivers and maintenance to focus on it’s a wash. The model seems to attract lower-end companies that probably wouldn’t make it on their own. That New York Trailways partnered with them instead of remaining independent is somewhat surprising. We can expect to see a lot more realignments starting in January. The changeover to the FLIX system and elimination of TRIPS is slated for January 23rd or so. Some of the companies that partner with Greyhound may balk at the terms laid out by FLIX to continue being partners.

4 hours ago, ns8401 said:

If you lose 20% and then have drivers and maintenance to focus on it’s a wash. The model seems to attract lower-end companies that probably wouldn’t make it on their own. That New York Trailways partnered with them instead of remaining independent is somewhat surprising. We can expect to see a lot more realignments starting in January. The changeover to the FLIX system and elimination of TRIPS is slated for January 23rd or so. Some of the companies that partner with Greyhound may balk at the terms laid out by FLIX to continue being partners.

It seems like there are difference between partners and interlines

The contractor partners will probably get 20% taken out, interlines probably get to keep all the revenue minus the service fee. Of course I'm not sure what the exact arrangement each company has.

For megabus it seem like NYT is only selling 5 seats. Megabus probably will only keep the service charge associated with that trip

In other news, Flix just recruited Lucky Star bus in NYC. They were one of the first Chinatown bus lines

https://www.luckystarbus.com/

1 hour ago, Rapidbus said:

It seems like there are difference between partners and interlines

The contractor partners will probably get 20% taken out, interlines probably get to keep all the revenue minus the service fee. Of course I'm not sure what the exact arrangement each company has.

For megabus it seem like NYT is only selling 5 seats. Megabus probably will only keep the service charge associated with that trip

In other news, Flix just recruited Lucky Star bus in NYC. They were one of the first Chinatown bus lines

https://www.luckystarbus.com/

It was described to me that we get paid by the “lift” for a ticket where Greyhound or another carrier has the money. Instead of just having each company keep its piece of the ticket money which could easily be automatically split and sent to them   (each individual ticket has a value as a portion of the trip) they all have to submit tickets to each other every month for reimbursement. No ticket received? You keep the money then. Pure profit. Note I didn’t say it was profitable as a company… their last fiscal year was a $1 million profit. 

Who cares if someone uses it or falls into a swimming pool of angry piranhas? You would think everybody would get the portion they are owed and actual ticket collection would be a matter of statistics about ridership. But Greyhound makes a lot of money off unsubmitted and unused tickets I suspect. This is yet another way the bus industry got to about 1950 and simply stopped developing or keeping up with the times. I once heard someone describe the intercity industry as a dinosaur… I’m starting to think he’s not wrong.

On 11/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, ns8401 said:

If you only know what Megabus and Ourbus pay for Google Ad words, 20% is pocket change compared to the cost of Google Ad words. Not to mention both booking platforms use the yield management. My friend used to have his fares as 'everyday low fares' with Ourbus. After he asked Ourbus to have his fares dictated by the yield system, he's making up to $5 more per passenger because majority of the bookings are 24 hours or less to departure. My friend also noticed the increase in ridership after using the yield system, that's why he purchased a MCI D4505 to supplement the Minibus.

On 11/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, Rapidbus said:

All that announcements for 5 seats? lol

Effective 12/1/22

Other Changes:

1163 Chicago, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee -- Sikeston Matthews, Missouri has been discontinued

1212 Memphis, Tennessee to Chicago, Illinois -- Sikeston Matthews, Missouri has been discontinued

1214 Memphis, Tennessee to Chicago, Illinois -- Sikeston Matthews, Missouri has been discontinued

1227 Chicago, Illinois to Memphis, Tennessee -- Sikeston Matthews, Missouri has been discontinued

1316 Portland, Oregon to Boise, Idaho -- Stanfield, Oregon has been discontinued and Pasco, Washington has been added

1345 Boise, Idaho to Portland, Oregon -- Stanfield, Oregon has been discontinued and Pasco, Washington has been added

6903 Spokane, Washington to Seattle, Washington -- Stanfield, Oregon and the second Pasco, Washington (were there two stops?) have been discontinued

6904 Seattle, Washington to Spokane, Washington -- Stanfield, Oregon and the second Pasco, Washington have been discontinued

** Sikeston/Matthews, Missouri (Population 16,500 combined) and Stanfield, Oregon (Population 1500) no longer have bus service. **

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/81-22.pdf

5 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Effective 12/1/22

1316 Portland, Oregon to Boise, Idaho -- Stanfield, Oregon has been discontinued and Pasco, Washington has been added

1345 Boise, Idaho to Portland, Oregon -- Stanfield, Oregon has been discontinued and Pasco, Washington has been added

6903 Spokane, Washington to Seattle, Washington -- Stanfield, Oregon and the second Pasco, Washington (were there two stops?) have been discontinued

6904 Seattle, Washington to Spokane, Washington -- Stanfield, Oregon and the second Pasco, Washington have been discontinued

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/81-22.pdf

Interesting... they used to run a dedicated Portland - Spokane service, but their PNW network is almost non existent at this point 

Regarding Pasco, WA, the bus in question used to come in from Seattle, to go to Stanfield via Pasco, WA, wait for the Boise bus to come in from Portland, transfer passengers and continue up to Spokane passing through Pasco, WA again. Now that they are not going to Stanfield, they only need to stop at Pasco once, with the Boise bus meeting them at Pasco.

Intercity bus has a long way to go in this country... every time something happens to the network, strike, pandemic, the bus system never recovers to it's original size

• 3 weeks later...

Effective 12/5/22

Other Changes:

1409 Dallas, Texas to Phoenix, Arizona -- Weatherford, Texas has been discontinued

1418 Phoenix, Arizona to Dallas, Texas -- Weatherford, Texas has been discontinued

1425 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California -- Quartzsite, Arizona has been discontinued

1430 Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona -- Quartzsite, Arizona has been discontinued

1432 Glendale, California to Phoenix, Arizona -- Quartzsite, Arizona has been discontinued

1464 Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona -- Quartzsite, Arizona has been discontinued

1471 Phoenix, Arizona to Glendale, California -- Quartzsite, Arizona has been discontinued

** Weatherford, Texas (Population 30,000) and Quartzsite, Arizona (Population 2400) no longer have bus service **

Effective 12/7/22

Abolished:

6050 Las Vegas, Nevada to Los Angeles, California

NEW:

6029 Las Vegas, Nevada to Los Angeles, California

Other Changes:

1446 -- Oroville and Weed California and Woodburn, Oregon have been removed

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/82-22.pdf

Effective 12/12/22

Other Changes:

1312 Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1369 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1419 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1425 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1430 Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1461 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1464 Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

1471 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6002 Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6025 Las Vegas, Nevada to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6027 Las Vegas, Nevada to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6048 Los Angeles, California to Las Vegas, Nevada -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6403 Sacramento, California to Tijuana, Mexico -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6410 Tijuana, Mexico to San Francisco, California  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6414 Los Angeles, California to Sacramento, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6725 San Francisco, California to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

6825 San Francisco, California to Los Angeles, California  -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

9476 Tijuana, Mexico to Los Angeles, California -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

9477 Los Angeles, California to Tijuana, Mexico -- Glendale Transit Center, California has been removed

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/84-22.pdf

Effective 12/16/22

NEW:

9048 Laredo, Texas to Dallas, Texas

9049 Dallas, Texas to Laredo, Texas

Other Changes:

1471 Phoenix, Arizona to Los Angeles, California -- Will now operate from Phoenix, Arizona to Glendale Transit Center, California and will stop at Los Angeles, California as a discharge only stop.

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/85-22.pdf

Effective 12/16/22

NEW:

1457 Dallas, Texas to El Paso, Texas

Effective 12/17/22

NEW:

1458 El Paso, Texas to Dallas, Texas

9048 San Antonio, Texas to Dallas, Texas

9049 Dallas, Texas to San Antonio, Texas

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/86-22.pdf

• 1 month later...

I had to tweak the URL to find this as their bulletins page hasn't changed over to 2023 yet. This is the only bulletin they've released this year. They never posted the last one of 2022 either. 

Effective 12/26/22

Other Changes:

1510 Dallas, Texas to Richmond, Virginia -- Johnson City, Tennessee has been discontinued

1511 Richmond, Virginia to Dallas, Texas -- Johnson City, Tennessee has been discontinued 

** Johnson City, Tennessee (Population 71,000) no longer has intercity bus service **

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/87-22.pdf

Effective 1/1/23

Abolished:

COP3800 Jackson, Mississippi to Mobile, Alabama - Capitol/Colonial Trailways Pool

COP3801 Mobile, Alabama to Jackson, Mississippi - Capitol/Colonial Trailways Pool

Other Changes:

1162 Tallahassee, Florida to St. Louis, Missouri -- Will now be operated by Greyhound instead of Capitol/Colonial Trailways between Tallahassee, Florida and Montgomery, Alabama

1167 St. Louis, Missouri to Tallahassee, Florida -- Will now be operated by Greyhound instead of Capitol/Colonial Trailways between Montgomery, Alabama and Tallahassee, Florida

1246 Houston, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia -- Will now be operated by Greyhound instead of Capitol/Colonial Trailways between New Orleans, Louisiana and Mobile, Alabama

1563 Atlanta, Georgia to Houston, Texas -- Will now be operated by Greyhound instead of Capitol/Colonial Trailways between Mobile, Alabama and New Orleans, Louisiana

Effective 1/4/23

Other Changes:

9045 Dallas, Texas to General Escobedo, Mexico -- Now operated by Valley Transit instead of Greyhound

9336 General Escobedo, Mexico to Dallas, Texas -- Now operated by Valley Transit instead of Greyhound

http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/Schedules2/bulletins/01-23.pdf

Capital/Colonial Trailways, IIRC, was the first Trailways carrier to enter a revenue/schedule pooling agreement with Greyhound.   It appears that now they were the last…

I wonder if they gave up the line runs entirely, and will only do charters, or will they continue on, perhaps with a new pool partner?

2 hours ago, traildriver said:

Capital/Colonial Trailways, IIRC, was the first Trailways carrier to enter a revenue/schedule pooling agreement with Greyhound.   It appears that now they were the last…

I wonder if they gave up the line runs entirely, and will only do charters, or will they continue on, perhaps with a new pool partner?

As of right now they are only doing charters. Their carrier codes still show in the NABT Guide online but the timetables are blank. So it appears they have ceased line run operations for now. 

FWIW the only companies showing as of today in the new Greyhound ticket system are:

Greyhound Lines

Greyhound Lines Mexico

Valley Transit

Delta Bus Lines

Jefferson Lines

Sunway (Evergreen Trails / Horizon Coach Lines)

All Aboard America (Industrial Bus Lines)

MTR Western

Pacific Crest (TAC Transportation)

Americanos USA appears to be gone and their runs simply display Greyhound Lines whether they are crossing the border or not.

Not included as yet are some big players:

Indian Trails

Burlington Trailways

Miller

Barons Bus

Southeastern Stages

Martz

Fullington

The Adirondack run that remained in TRIPS...

If those are fully excluded the system will shrink considerably. Intertestingly for years Greyhound claimed 2400 destinations. Now on this new site they claim 1900... so where did the other 500 go? It's not like Greyhound abandoned 500 by itself. So I suspect somebody in addition to Adirondack is flying the coop. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Not included as yet are some big players:

Indian Trails

Burlington Trailways

Miller

Barons Bus

Southeastern Stages

Martz

Fullington

The Adirondack run that remained in TRIPS...

If those are fully excluded the system will shrink considerably. Intertestingly for years Greyhound claimed 2400 destinations. Now on this new site they claim 1900... so where did the other 500 go? It's not like Greyhound abandoned 500 by itself. So I suspect somebody in addition to Adirondack is flying the coop. 

Miller, Fullington Trailways and Adirondack Trailways are on the Megabus Platform.

I would not be surprised if Burlington Trailways and Martz Trailways are going on the Megabus Platform, Martz could also go back on the Ourbus Platform.

That leaves Indian Trails, Barons Bus and Southeastern Stages, I would not be surprised if Megabus and Ourbus are trying very hard to get these companies on their platform.

5 minutes ago, Megabus Rider said:

Miller, Fullington Trailways and Adirondack Trailways are on the Megabus Platform.

I would not be surprised if Burlington Trailways and Martz Trailways are going on the Megabus Platform, Martz could also go back on the Ourbus Platform.

That leaves Indian Trails, Barons Bus and Southeastern Stages, I would not be surprised if Megabus and Ourbus are trying very hard to get these companies on their platform.

Southeastern Stages already went on the Megabus platform last year. Remember they are on the platform but only to sell excess seating. They are still independent carriers selling their own seats. Nobody is getting wedded exclusively to Megabus here.

Miller, Burlington and Southeastern Stages will be affiliated with Greyhound until February 21 in addition to any other partnerships they form.

Megabus is acting like a ticket reseller now instead of a company that contracts with somebody to do its runs. Miller won’t even be rebranding any buses or anything of the sort. It’s just to move extra seats.

7 minutes ago, ns8401 said:

Southeastern Stages already went on the Megabus platform last year. Remember they are on the platform but only to sell excess seating. They are still independent carriers selling their own seats. Nobody is getting wedded exclusively to Megabus here.

Miller, Burlington and Southeastern Stages will be affiliated with Greyhound until February 21 in addition to any other partnerships they form.

Megabus is acting like a ticket reseller now instead of a company that contracts with somebody to do its runs. Miller won’t even be rebranding any buses or anything of the sort. It’s just to move extra seats.

Oh I did not know about Southeastern and Megabus, well add them to the Megabus list.

Yes, I notice the Greyhound website has changed for any bookings after February 22 or 23.

Megabus is trying to be like Ourbus and Flixbus. The new trend in the Intercity Bus Industry.

16 minutes ago, Megabus Rider said:

Oh I did not know about Southeastern and Megabus, well add them to the Megabus list.

Yes, I notice the Greyhound website has changed for any bookings after February 22 or 23.

Megabus is trying to be like Ourbus and Flixbus. The new trend in the Intercity Bus Industry.

Megabus is trying to be like Wanderu and resell tickets from other carriers. Miller, Southeastern Stages and TNY are and will remain independent companies. It’s not the same as FLIX and Ourbus at all. None of these companies are contractors for Megabus with buses branded that way. They don’t even have a lousy sticker by the door. TNY continues to actively recruit companies to join the Trailways association for example and they have their own ticketing system. So we are entering an era where there are multiple ticket systems being used on the same run depending on where the ticket was bought (Amtrak/Trailways/Megabus/insert independent carrier here). This will allow all of them to partner with other folks and still remain autonomous while preserving interline service once they are severed from Greyhound.