roeco

Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

Greyhound Canada did a large number of schedule changes effective April 14th. Besides for the seasonal reductions for service to universities/colleges, here's a summary of the changes:

• Toronto/Guelph/Kitchener corridor lost about 5 daily schedules, with many others were changed to fill gaps. Some daily schedules were shifted to weekdays only, further reducing weekend service.
  • Toronto/Ottawa Express corridor was reorganized, to the effect that all buses now do a round trip (requiring only 6 buses per day to cover 12 schedules). This should reduce equipment needs, and eliminate the need to have drivers overnight away from home.
  • Two Toronto-Peterborough trips (5767/5776) were cut. This results in the morning QuickLink trip now turning around in Toronto and returning as the local to Ottawa, while the daytime local from Ottawa does the afternoon Toronto-Peterborough trips.
  • Pembroke-Peterborough corridor stays the same, but was shifted about 1 hour later to connect with the revised Toronto-Peterborough-Ottawa schedule.
  • Toronto-Barrie had one of its two commuter schedules eliminated, and the other was changed to compensate. Oddly, there is a new Saturday-only schedule (5703/5726) running in the afternoon.
  • The daily trip from Buffalo to Pearson Airport/Scarborough Centre (5584/5591) was cut.
  • The downtown Toronto-Pearson-Scarborough Centre shuttle (previously Pearson-Yorkdale-Scarborough Centre) has finally been cut.
  • Ottawa-Kingston did not have trips reduced, but there was some schedule changes for more consistency.
  • Ottawa-Syracruse schedule still remains operating, 2 trips/week with no change in schedule times.

No major changes noticed to the Toronto-London-Detroit, Toronto-Sudbury, Ottawa-Sudbury, Ottawa-Cornwall, and Ottawa-Montreal corridors.

• Thanks 1

What happens the 7:00 AM trip  is late getting into Toronto due to weather. How can the return trip be on time leaving? 

Effective July 2019 US Changes

1542, 1545 one R/T between Dallas and Atlanta eliminated

One trip between Nashville and Dallas Eliminated

1450,1445 One R/T between LA to Dallas eliminated

Two R/T between Houston and El Paso eliminated. Those same service will now instead operate only between Houston and San Antonio, TX (no El Paso)

One NEW R/T between NY and Chicago, NY- Miami, Chicago - Atlanta, Chicago- Memphis, Orlando- Atlanta, KC- New York

One R/T express restored between OKC and Dallas, TX

1680, 6007 Day change (Instead of Fri Sa, will now be Tues, Wed)

Best of them all

RESTORED SERVICE ALONG INTERSTATE 80 BETWEEN RENO-SALT LAKE CITY.

Lovelock is the only restored non Amtrak stop. 1321 operates between Denver and Oakland , and 1320 operates from San Francisco to Denver.

1320 will replace 8300 local slot between San Francisco and Reno-Sparks

I was on the bus tracker website today and saw some new(?) schedules that I had never seen before. Not sure how new they are and was looking on the Greyhound Timetable website and didn’t see them there. If I recall correctly, these lower numbered 5000 schedules were previously used out West

These are the only ones I don’t ever recall seeing, but there may be more

Schedule 5000: London 4:45am -Kitchener 6:15am

Schedule 5001: Kitchener 9:40pm-London 11:10pm

Schedule 5003: Windsor 7:30pm- London 9:35pm (however, I couldn’t find any London-Windsor runs)

11 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

I was on the bus tracker website today and saw some new(?) schedules that I had never seen before. Not sure how new they are and was looking on the Greyhound Timetable website and didn’t see them there. If I recall correctly, these lower numbered 5000 schedules were previously used out West

These are the only ones I don’t ever recall seeing, but there may be more

Schedule 5000: London 4:45am -Kitchener 6:15am

Schedule 5001: Kitchener 9:40pm-London 11:10pm

Schedule 5003: Windsor 7:30pm- London 9:35pm (however, I couldn’t find any London-Windsor runs)

Looks like those could be converted deadhead movements.  Unsure about the Win-Lon trip though.

https://atu1415.ca/system/files/london-windsor_feb_3_2019.pdf

Uwe

• Thanks 1

This would be noteworthy if true... looks like the same schedule number from Chicago to Toronto thing is done. 5500 series runs have been replaced by 455x runs operating Detroit to Chicago or Chicago to Detroit. The early buses today are still in there as through schedules. I’d imagine it’s a transfer now to get to Canada or vice versa in Detroit. But everything else is showing differently.