roeco

Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

206 posts in this topic

Doesn't Red Arrow use a shuttle van to Cold Lake as well?

What does Northern Express use to Cold Lake? Why don't they run a 102DL3 all the way up to Hay River instead of just High Level?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Swadian said:

Doesn't Red Arrow use a shuttle van to Cold Lake as well?

What does Northern Express use to Cold Lake? Why don't they run a 102DL3 all the way up to Hay River instead of just High Level?

Red Arrow does use a 13 passenger sprinter equipped with leather seats and wifi. As far as I know Northern Express uses an older coach..! If their was a demand for passenger service which Im sure its minimal...Frontier would have done it Im sure. Without a subsidy no point running it with under 10 passengers. I think that was Greyhound's average out of High Level north when they ran it. If a subsidy were available Im sure Frontier would do that corridor.

18 hours ago, roeco said:

Red Arrow does use a 13 passenger sprinter equipped with leather seats and wifi. As far as I know Northern Express uses an older coach..! If their was a demand for passenger service which Im sure its minimal...Frontier would have done it Im sure. Without a subsidy no point running it with under 10 passengers. I think that was Greyhound's average out of High Level north when they ran it. If a subsidy were available Im sure Frontier would do that corridor.

Northern Express may have over-capacity if they use a full-size motorcoach. Maybe not if it's a 40-footer Cargo Combi and they have a monopoly over the market, but combined with the competitors, there might be too many ASMs.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Swadian said:

Northern Express may have over-capacity if they use a full-size motorcoach. Maybe not if it's a 40-footer Cargo Combi and they have a monopoly over the market, but combined with the competitors, there might be too many ASMs.

they may use something different now, but last time I saw it was a older motor coach. NEX does not carry freight to my knowledge on any scheduled run'

6 hours ago, roeco said:

they may use something different now, but last time I saw it was a older motor coach. NEX does not carry freight to my knowledge on any scheduled run'

What type of motorcoach? A Prevost LeMirage? MCI 102A3?

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Swadian said:

What type of motorcoach? A Prevost LeMirage? MCI 102A3?

when I went  to bonnyville before it was an older MCI-9 original Brewster.