roeco

Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

209 posts in this topic

Doesn't Red Arrow use a shuttle van to Cold Lake as well?

What does Northern Express use to Cold Lake? Why don't they run a 102DL3 all the way up to Hay River instead of just High Level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Swadian said:

Doesn't Red Arrow use a shuttle van to Cold Lake as well?

What does Northern Express use to Cold Lake? Why don't they run a 102DL3 all the way up to Hay River instead of just High Level?

Red Arrow does use a 13 passenger sprinter equipped with leather seats and wifi. As far as I know Northern Express uses an older coach..! If their was a demand for passenger service which Im sure its minimal...Frontier would have done it Im sure. Without a subsidy no point running it with under 10 passengers. I think that was Greyhound's average out of High Level north when they ran it. If a subsidy were available Im sure Frontier would do that corridor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, roeco said:

Red Arrow does use a 13 passenger sprinter equipped with leather seats and wifi. As far as I know Northern Express uses an older coach..! If their was a demand for passenger service which Im sure its minimal...Frontier would have done it Im sure. Without a subsidy no point running it with under 10 passengers. I think that was Greyhound's average out of High Level north when they ran it. If a subsidy were available Im sure Frontier would do that corridor.

Northern Express may have over-capacity if they use a full-size motorcoach. Maybe not if it's a 40-footer Cargo Combi and they have a monopoly over the market, but combined with the competitors, there might be too many ASMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Swadian said:

Northern Express may have over-capacity if they use a full-size motorcoach. Maybe not if it's a 40-footer Cargo Combi and they have a monopoly over the market, but combined with the competitors, there might be too many ASMs.

they may use something different now, but last time I saw it was a older motor coach. NEX does not carry freight to my knowledge on any scheduled run'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roeco said:

they may use something different now, but last time I saw it was a older motor coach. NEX does not carry freight to my knowledge on any scheduled run'

 

What type of motorcoach? A Prevost LeMirage? MCI 102A3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Swadian said:

What type of motorcoach? A Prevost LeMirage? MCI 102A3?

when I went  to bonnyville before it was an older MCI-9 original Brewster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alsask Bus Lines that operates a Calgary to Alsask service connecting in Alsask with STC to Saskatoon seems to be discontinuing their passenger services effective end of May. However it looks like they may be doing Gcx courier services Only between Calgary and Saskatoon via Alsask as of June 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, roeco said:

Alsask Bus Lines that operates a Calgary to Alsask service connecting in Alsask with STC to Saskatoon seems to be discontinuing their passenger services effective end of May. However it looks like they may be doing Gcx courier services Only between Calgary and Saskatoon via Alsask as of June 1.

Not overly surprising. A damn shame though. 

 

EDIT: How did the service between Calgary and Saskatoon work before the bus industry was deregulated in Alberta? I know Greyhound shared that run somehow with STC.

This is just speculation I realize, but what are the odds of Greyhound taking it over again, or of Alsask resuming operations once another operator assumes that former STC run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calgary to Saskatoon prior to Oct 24/11 had one daily overnight run plus one run Wed/Fri/Sun during the day(basically what Alsask does now) except they run daily. When STC and Greyhound we're sharing the run I know the schedules met in Alsask with a STC driver leaving from Saskatoon and a Greyhound driver from Calgary and in Alsask they switched drivers only...So u would see STC bus in Calgary on a daily basis. Im not really sure why Alsask is giving up passenger service and doing only GCX, I would assume something to do with Saskatchewan insurance regulations. All I know is they are going to Run Calgary to Saskatoon via Alsask with Gcx freight., which would bring all current STC agencies along that route into the Greyhound Courier network. 

I would have thought you would see Greyhound do another Calgary to Regina schedule plus at least 2 schedules a day between Regina and Saskatoon and Prince Albert..which were STC's most profitable routes. And very critical to Greyhounds network, I know TIger Courier also has announced a partnership with Greyhound canada to move freight in Saskatchewan and Interline with the GReyhound network. Im thinking you may see Greyhound setting up their own P&D in Saskatoon, Regina and possibly Prince Albert and Moose Jaw.  Im not really sure what Greyhound will use for terminals in Saskatoon, Regina or Moose Jaw which are all owned by STC come June 1.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now