Jump to content
roeco

Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

Recommended Posts

The selling out of schedules apparently seems temporary as their back to normal for the rest of May until the BC cuts are implemented. Out of all the reductions Prince George especially and Dawson Creek will be the hardest hit with each of them loosing more schedules than anywhere else. Prince George will go from 10 inbound/10 outbound trips per day to 1 inbound and 1 outbound per day,  Dawson Creek will go from 6 inbound/outbound to 1 inbound/outbound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just reading on Greyhound.ca that most of the BC network will drop to 2 trips a week in each direction....like wtf....is that for real.....I wasn't aware ridership on TCH run was that bad, same with Vancouver to Kamloops or Kelowna. Like theirs gotta be something seriously wrong here! Check out www.greyhound.ca and read bc service update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that notice is reducing the statutory minimum frequencies, not the actual service on the road. There's nothing on extranet and the schedule finder still shows at least 5x TCH and 3x Yellowhead going into May and June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

I think that notice is reducing the statutory minimum frequencies, not the actual service on the road. There's nothing on extranet and the schedule finder still shows at least 5x TCH and 3x Yellowhead going into May and June.

Yeah I know I did read that too...I guess their doin the notice so they can change frequency without actually doing a notice going forward if they so choose too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effective May 1 Prince George to Valemount will operate on its existing time schedule Fri and Sun only.  Service between Kelowna and Osoyoos will be Fri/Sat/Sun only,two trips per day.

Dawson Creek to Prince George will operate Mon/Wed/Fri and Prince George to Dawson Creek on Tues/Thurs/Sat

Service Vancouver to Whistler will lv 730am-10am-2pm-6pm daily. Their will be one bus a day between Whistler Lv 1215pm and arPemberton.105pm

Whistler to Vancouver will be 1030 am-250pm-5pm-845pm. Lv Pemberton at 2pm Ar Whistler 235pm

Also Service between Grande Prairie-Dawson Creek-Fort Nelson will Operate Mon to Fri only

Service Ft Nelson to Dawson Creek and Grande Prairie will be Tues to Sat only.

Ft Nelson to Whitehorse will be Tues/Thur only. Whitehorse to Ft Nelson...Mon/Wed only.

These frequencies are in effect for Apr 21-May 31.  

It also seems they will be reducing the TCH schedules also between Vancouver and Calgary from 4 to 3 daily trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, translink fan said:

Heads up with service cuts coming June 1st, layoffs have occurred. 8 in BC have been laid off. Myself included.

Not sure which dept. you were in but what are they doing with the drivers over those routes that are getting the axe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, translink fan said:

Heads up with service cuts coming June 1st, layoffs have occurred. 8 in BC have been laid off. Myself included.

Damn That sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Not sure which dept. you were in but what are they doing with the drivers over those routes that are getting the axe?

I was a mechanic. 8 people in the maintance dept were laid off. Im hearing 19 together between Calgary and Edmonton garages. Not sure if maintenance only or terminal staff included.

Drivers are untouched as far as I know. They've been screaming for drivers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swadian said:

Edmonton - Grande Prairie Express has been discontinued.

Edmonton - Calgary reduced to 5x daily.

Edmonton to Calgary will be 5x daily and an extra 2 trips on Fri/Sun. We're hoping the Edmonton-Grande Prairie Express cancellation wont be permanent as it was not cancelled due to lack of ridership. It could have easily sustained a frequency reduction.  Also both Fort McMurray trips are now via Hwy 63 on the return to Edmonton. Out of Calgary they have reduced the Hwy 1 service from 4 to 3 daily trips and changed timing on evening trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, roeco said:

Edmonton to Calgary will be 5x daily and an extra 2 trips on Fri/Sun. We're hoping the Edmonton-Grande Prairie Express cancellation wont be permanent as it was not cancelled due to lack of ridership. It could have easily sustained a frequency reduction.  Also both Fort McMurray trips are now via Hwy 63 on the return to Edmonton. Out of Calgary they have reduced the Hwy 1 service from 4 to 3 daily trips and changed timing on evening trip.

It may very well be permanent as Greyhound just reported a loss and First Group CEO resigned per the other thread. Permanent liquidation of Greyhound Canada is a real possibility. They tried to sell me a 2006 white D4505 from the Yukon fleet (with a ZF transmission) but I declined. They also tried to sell me #1150 and #1182 because I was added to their mailing list. I think they sold all 3 of those to someone else.

Highway 881 didn't have many passengers anyway.

The Kamloops-Calgary has been reduced. The Hope - Princeton - Penticton has been axed and rerouted to go via BC 97C (Okanagan Connector).

Next up don't be surprised if the second Edmonton - Saskatoon is axed and Edmonton - Fort McMurray reduced to 1x daily and Kelowna - Lethbridge axed or reduced to 3x weekly.

Also don't be surprised if all the Northern Manitoba routes are axed or reduced to 3x weekly Winnipeg - Flin Flon and 1x daily Winnipeg - Thompson.

Remember, this is the same company that axed all service to Omaha, a city with 1 million population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swadian said:

It may very well be permanent as Greyhound just reported a loss and First Group CEO resigned per the other thread. Permanent liquidation of Greyhound Canada is a real possibility. They tried to sell me a 2006 white D4505 from the Yukon fleet (with a ZF transmission) but I declined. They also tried to sell me #1150 and #1182 because I was added to their mailing list. I think they sold all 3 of those to someone else.

Highway 881 didn't have many passengers anyway.

The Kamloops-Calgary has been reduced. The Hope - Princeton - Penticton has been axed and rerouted to go via BC 97C (Okanagan Connector).

Next up don't be surprised if the second Edmonton - Saskatoon is axed and Edmonton - Fort McMurray reduced to 1x daily and Kelowna - Lethbridge axed or reduced to 3x weekly.

Also don't be surprised if all the Northern Manitoba routes are axed or reduced to 3x weekly Winnipeg - Flin Flon and 1x daily Winnipeg - Thompson.

Remember, this is the same company that axed all service to Omaha, a city with 1 million population.

I was actually quite surprised Edmonton-Saskatoon kept 2 daily trips. They actually did reduce Edmonton-Fort McMurray to 1 daily trip but then changed their minds and brought it back.  The Kamloops to Calgary scheduled that was cut was poor ridership.  Kelowna to Lethbridge I think u might see some changes to it.. 5 days a week is quite sufficient for that corridor. Winnipeg to Flin Flon Is 6 days a week already so yeah I could see 3 x week. And Winnipeg to THompson is already one daily trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, roeco said:

I was actually quite surprised Edmonton-Saskatoon kept 2 daily trips. They actually did reduce Edmonton-Fort McMurray to 1 daily trip but then changed their minds and brought it back.  The Kamloops to Calgary scheduled that was cut was poor ridership.  Kelowna to Lethbridge I think u might see some changes to it.. 5 days a week is quite sufficient for that corridor. Winnipeg to Flin Flon Is 6 days a week already so yeah I could see 3 x week. And Winnipeg to THompson is already one daily trip. 

5x weekly may be difficult for driver scheduling. Greyhound will cut as much as they can as usual and attempt to bring Kelowna - Lethbridge to 6x weekly or 3x weekly.

Winnipeg - Thompson might go to 6x weekly or 3x weekly if it does really bad.

Presumably Edmonton - Fort McMurray and Edmonton - Saskatoon could go to 10x weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stop at Perris, CA (near Riverside) was moved about 2 miles to provide longer hours and better access to food and other amenities:

https://www.pe.com/2018/06/22/greyhound-moves-its-perris-bus-stop/

They have a point on the hours for this one. The old hours were 10am-7pm and the new ones are 8am-12am with extended hours till 2am on weekends. I suppose that’s what happens when you go from a shipping store (United We Ship) to a mini-mart (California Mini-Mart).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like Greyhound will operate an Express service for the Summer along Hwy 1, From the looks of what I can figure out, It will Operate Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon in each direction. Leave Calgary 8:15 am stopping only in Banff and Golden arrival in Kamloops at 3:15 pm feeding passengers into Schedule 5159 leaving Kamloops 3:45pm Arr Vancouver 8:30 pm. 

Leave Vancouver Schedule 5022 at 6:30am, Arr Kamloops at 11:45 am. Leave Kamloops 12:10pm via Golden and Banff Arr Calgary 8:45 pm.

This is backwards from previous years as it left both Calgary and Vancouver in the evenings 6 to 7 pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, roeco said:

It seems like Greyhound will operate an Express service for the Summer along Hwy 1, From the looks of what I can figure out, It will Operate Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon in each direction. Leave Calgary 8:15 am stopping only in Banff and Golden arrival in Kamloops at 3:15 pm feeding passengers into Schedule 5159 leaving Kamloops 3:45pm Arr Vancouver 8:30 pm. 

Leave Vancouver Schedule 5022 at 6:30am, Arr Kamloops at 11:45 am. Leave Kamloops 12:10pm via Golden and Banff Arr Calgary 8:45 pm.

This is backwards from previous years as it left both Calgary and Vancouver in the evenings 6 to 7 pm.

Schedule 5022? Wasn't that the Vancouver - Osoyoos? Well now it looks like a Vancouver - Kamloops local, so not sure why that would be express. Vancouver - Calgary is probably one of the better Greyhound routes in the West - nice scenery and lots of tourism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems ever since Greyhound cut the 2230 out of Calgary on June 1,the remaining three schedules are usually sold out or close to it on an almost daily bases plus the summer Express. And 5022 (Van to Kam)is NOT an Express, neither is 5159( Kam to Van) they both feed into Kamloops-Prince George as well now as the Kamloops to Calgary Express.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effective Sept 16 the 1245 pm from Calgary only operates to Golden Thurs to Mon and returns at 725 pm. No more 0001 am schedule between Vancouver and Golden. 

Only Calgary-Vancouver schedules are now 730am-730pm And out of Vancouver 7:30 am and 6 pm. Schedules out of Edmonton are being cancelled randomly due to lack of drivers..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NeOn Bus Rider said:

Noticed that Greyhound Canada and Trailways of New York got back their pool agreement. Saw a New York Trailways Bus doing the 6am Toronto to NYC Run driven by a Greyhound Canada Driver.

Wow... I had no idea.   Since I retired from them in November, I have been "out of the loop", but just looked at my Saucon app, and see that 82142 and 62062 are currently in Toronto.

Thanks for that info!🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Bay to Milwaukee ran its last trip... Indian Trails, Lamers and Jefferson Lines will have all the business on that route now...

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/greyhound-end-bus-service-in-northeast-wisconsin/1546970898

 

Meanwhile the Detroit to Muskegon runs have been reconfigured and Muskegon is down to 1 Bus each way from 2 effective 10/24:

4588 (Detroit-Muskegon) now terminates in Grand Rapids.

4590 (Detroit to Grand Rapids) becomes a Thursday thru Monday schedule and will no longer operate Tuesday or Wednesday.

4592 (Detroit to Grand Rapids) now goes to Muskegon via Southfield-Ann Arbor-Jackson and departs Detroit at 430pm instead of the 815pm express via Southfield and East Lansing that it has been for a while now. This is the only Detroit to Muskegon bus.

4591 Grand Rapids to Detroit is unchanged.

4593 Muskegon to Detroit has been reduced to a Thursday thru Monday schedule and will not operate on Tuesday or Wednesday. It also does not service Muskegon anymore and starts in Grand Rapids at 500pm instead of 300pm and arrives Detroit at 820pm instead of 740pm.

4595 Muskegon to Detroit has some minor time modifications but is largely unchanged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive US Cuts effective October 24th based on Extranet schedules

-Bangor ME- Boston, MA vise versa down to one bus on a different schedule.  There will now be three buses however between Boston, MA- Portland, ME

- Seasonal Atlantic City, NJ Reductions

- Boston- Hartford (2017,2013) one bus each direction discontinued

- Hartford- NY, Boston- NY- Washington- NY corridor, Philadelphia- NY reductions

-One bus each direction, NY- Boston Via CT Casino eliminated (probably seasonal?)

-4808 St Louis- Chicago run eliminated, 1163 will now run from Chicago to Baton Rouge 1212 will run Baton Rouge- Chicago

-1143, 1138 direct St Louis to Memphis bus replaced by rerouted 1212 and 1163

-One trip in each direction between Chicago and Minneapolis cancelled, one trip from Milwaukee cancelled. Service to Green Bay Eliminated

- Portland, OR- Denver, CO down to one trip per day. 

- St Louis- Kansas City one trip each direction elimination

-One express run in each direction between Oklahoma City and Dallas Eliminated

- No more direct Baltimore to Salisbury Bus. It will now require a transfer at New York!

-Bus 1209 replaced by 1163 to Baton Rouge

-1171 replace 1163 btw Nashville- Birmingham

- Reno- SF bus reduction 

- San Berndarino- San Diego via Perris, CA down to one bus

- There is probably more but thats what I've seen so far

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×