Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

roeco

Well we do have rope...red carpet...podium..curtain...etc and we have to put it up and take it down after arrivals/departures. The Express departure/arrival is also from Inside the Depot...! With the Express All Schedules now load/unload Inside the Depot and we are also now open for ALL Departures/Arrivals of every schedule.

We were also told we had to be open for Express Arrivals...?? I assumed Lethbridge is not open for the 1030 Express arrival or is it?

If you are referring to the 22:30 arrival, No it is not open. However, there is a staff member still on site to take incoming freight.

Sorry about quoting the entire previous message. I forgot to delete the irrelevant portion.

Does anyone know why they would have a pickup at Fallowfield VIA station, but all options in the schedule lookup to return to Ottawa / Fallowfield are non-existant and Kanata Town Centre or Downtown is your only option? E-mail's to Greyhound go unanswered...

Does anyone know why they would have a pickup at Fallowfield VIA station, but all options in the schedule lookup to return to Ottawa / Fallowfield are non-existant and Kanata Town Centre or Downtown is your only option? E-mail's to Greyhound go unanswered...

My guess is to compete with Via Rail. As for the Schedules <-> Fallowfeild Transitway Stn I'm able to look up fares and times on Greyhound.ca.

My guess is to compete with Via Rail. As for the Schedules <-> Fallowfeild Transitway Stn I'm able to look up fares and times on Greyhound.ca.

You're right. I see Fallowfield Station on the return schedules now. For some reason it wasn't appearing in the scheds last night.

Speaking of drop off points(not sure if still used or not) but Montreal return trips, the stop at Campus(Transitway Station) has the old Voyageur Blue & Green strips at the first stop coming into the station. Come this time next year wity the LRT construction set to begin in that area and with the new station that'll be one of the last symbo;s of the old Voyageur colour scheme.

Its funny because the one at Hurdman Station has Greyhound Flag, while the one at Campus has the Voyageur Flag.

Speaking of drop off points(not sure if still used or not) but Montreal return trips, the stop at Campus(Transitway Station) has the old Voyageur Blue & Green strips at the first stop coming into the station. Come this time next year wity the LRT construction set to begin in that area and with the new station that'll be one of the last symbo;s of the old Voyageur colour scheme.

Its funny because the one at Hurdman Station has Greyhound Flag, while the one at Campus has the Voyageur Flag.

The stop's at Campus are no longer in use since all commuter buses (Greyhound included) are now routed via King Edward and Laurier.

• 4 weeks later...

Some changes coming to Ontario (Ottawa <~> Kingston/Toronto and Ottawa <~> Cornwall / Montreal , Barrie/Owen sound corridors) Effective 9/11/13

From Greyhound.ca

" GREYHOUND CANADA SCHEDULE CHANGE - EFFECTIVE SEPT 11 2013

Toronto / Belleville / Brockville / Ottawa Corridor

- Schedule 5360 will depart Toronto, ON @ 10am and will be routed via Smith Falls, ON and Carleton Place, ON to Ottawa, ON arriving @ 4:40pm. (Does NOT operate Tues & Thurs)

- Schedule 5858 will depart Toronto, ON @ 10am and will be routed via Brockville, ON to Ottawa, ON arriving @ 4:30pm. (Operates Tues & Thurs only)

- Schedule 5359 will depart Ottawa, ON @ 4:30pm and will be routed via Carleton Place, ON and Smith Falls, ON to Toronto, ON arriving @ 10:50pm. (Does NOT operate Tues & Thurs)

- Schedule 5859 will depart Ottawa, ON @ 4:30pm and will be routed via Brockville, ON to Toronto, ON arriving @ 10:50pm. (Operates Tues & Thurs)

Ottawa / Cornwall Corridor

- Schedule 5840 & 5841 will operate Tues, Wed and Thurs ONLY

Ottawa / Hawkesbury / Montreal Corridor (NORTHSHORE ROUTE)

- Schedule 5844 & 5845 to be cancelled

- Schedule 5842 & 5843 will continue to operate daily

Ottawa / Hawkesbury / Montreal Corridor (SOUTHSHORE ROUTE)

- Schedule 5813 & 5814 will operate Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun ONLY

- Schedule 5846 & 5847 will continue to operate daily

Ottawa / Maniwaki / Grand Remous Corridor

- Schedule 5848 & 5860 will operate Tues, Wed & Thurs ONLY

Ottawa / Kingston Corridor

- Schedule 5852 & 5853 operating will operate Fri, Sat and Sun ONLY

- Schedule 5854, 5855, 5856 & 5857 will operate Fri & Sun ONLY

Barrie / Owen Sound Corridor

- Schedule 5703, 5738 & 5734 to be cancelled. Schedules will be re-instated seasonally year round during peak winter and summer periods "

Intertesting? I wonder why all the changes? Usually the trips between Ottawa & Montreal and Ottawa & Toronto are quite busy?

The Ottawa<~> Montrèal Express trips are quite busy though the locals are the ones being discontinued or changed. .

Basically Greyhound/Voyagur is screwing over the people who need to travel to ether Montrèal or Ottawa for Medical reasons by cancelling the Night trip from Ottawa and Montrèal (Via the North shore route) Here is a PDF copy of the North shore schedule. http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/csked/pdf/2716.pdf . As for the ones to Toronto I'm wondering if Greyhound is trying to combine the trips or adding trips going through Carleton Place,Smiths falls and Brockville.

The following timing changes will happen Sept 11. On the Edmonton to Grande Prairie corridor...Schedule 5227 will leave at 0015 instead of 0001, THe current 630am Express will will now leave at 7am. Also other minor timing changes out of Vancouver on the TCH schedule leaving at 1845 will now leave at 1900. Edmonton to Saskatoon am trip will leave at 645am and the return will leave at 530pm.

Also Edmonton to Kamloops will now leave Edmonton at 815pm instead of 830 and leave Kamloops for Vancouver at 7am. On the return Kamloops to Edmonton will leave at 1150pm and arrive in Edmonton at 1045am. Not sure why the timing changes out of Edmonton or Kamloops?

Not quite sure how its gonna work with 5409 leaving at 7 since 5159 doesnt even get into Kamloops til 7. But I did see on the extranet under Sept 1 schedules, they were gonna have 5033 leave Kamloops at 730 am and run to Vancouver instead of terminating in Kamloops? However under the Sept 11 its not their. So anyones guess??

Thats a possibility as 5001 will move to leaving at 8:00am as of Sept 11. I know their trying to eliminate that timing point in Chilliwack and move it to Abbotsford on 5001 too. Im not sure why they want most of the Express stopping in Abbotsford instead of Chilli? And not every schedule needs to stop in Merritt? If they want to transfoer Chilliwack is the most logical.

I know they are running 2 sections on 5407 and 5000 on an almost daily basis, I wonder how long it will last, as far as I know also 5153 and 5126 it happens too quite a bit, I wonder if this will be a permanent thing as with 5409.

Funny thing is there is nothing about schedule changes posted any where in Vancouver. We have been saying that we need one more schedule going to Vancouver from Kamloops, mainly because depots along the lines from Edmonton or Calgary down to Vancouver are struggling to sell tickets to points west of Kamloops with the current configuration. The bid changes on September 3rd here and 5409 is still showing as a 07:30 departure out of Kamloops.

If u check the extranet schedules it shows leaving Edmonton 815pm..arr Kamloops 630, Leaving Kamloops 7am Arrival to Vancouver 1210pm

They sure should either run 5033 Kamloops to Vancouver or 5159. Between the two mentioned and 5409 one should take most of the Vancouver passengers, both leaving at 7:30am one doing the regular schedule that 5409 currently does to Vancouver and the other one doing whatever is needed, just show it Discharging all the way down and one can do Abby and the other CHilli...or somethin like that.

So I spoke with a manager about this upon my arrival in Vancouver on Scedule 5003 from Osoyoos today. He did confirm the schedule change and was in the process of posting new runs for bid involving all positions driving schedule 5159. When the schedule changes, schedule 5409 will have a Kamloops driver at the wheel returning to Kamloops on schedule 5122. My suspicions have turned out to be correct with regards to the driver arriving in Kamloops on schedule 5159. This driver will now be driving Express schedule 5001 out of Kamloops.

Some changes coming to Ontario (Ottawa <~> Kingston/Toronto and Ottawa <~> Cornwall / Montreal , Barrie/Owen sound corridors) Effective 9/11/13

From Greyhound.ca

" GREYHOUND CANADA SCHEDULE CHANGE - EFFECTIVE SEPT 11 2013

Toronto / Belleville / Brockville / Ottawa Corridor

- Schedule 5360 will depart Toronto, ON @ 10am and will be routed via Smith Falls, ON and Carleton Place, ON to Ottawa, ON arriving @ 4:40pm. (Does NOT operate Tues & Thurs)

- Schedule 5858 will depart Toronto, ON @ 10am and will be routed via Brockville, ON to Ottawa, ON arriving @ 4:30pm. (Operates Tues & Thurs only)

- Schedule 5359 will depart Ottawa, ON @ 4:30pm and will be routed via Carleton Place, ON and Smith Falls, ON to Toronto, ON arriving @ 10:50pm. (Does NOT operate Tues & Thurs)

- Schedule 5859 will depart Ottawa, ON @ 4:30pm and will be routed via Brockville, ON to Toronto, ON arriving @ 10:50pm. (Operates Tues & Thurs)

A friend of mine sent me the link to the new schedule for this route and the interesting part is, there is no travel permitted if your whole journey is between Toronto <-> Kingston. http://extranet.greyhound.com/revsup/csked/pdf/748.pdf . My guess is Coach Canada/Megabus wants to keep this corridor to themselves.

So will their be a 3 rd kamloops to van schedule besides 5409 and the express at 8am?

Not from what I saw posted in the Vancouver depot last night. I just raised a concern about connecting passengers from 5159 that need to make the connection to 5409. Time will tell how long the schedule stays as printed.

• 1 month later...

I understand there will be a new 'Express' service from London to Ottawa via Scarborough, at least so mentioned via the grapevine. I'm not sure how reliable the grapevine may be but the route would make sense for passengers travelling to the east end of Metro Toronto and onto Ottawa from London and for those from the east end of Metro Toronto heading to the Ottawa area.

I understand there will be a new 'Express' service from London to Ottawa via Scarborough, at least so mentioned via the grapevine. I'm not sure how reliable the grapevine may be but the route would make sense for passengers travelling to the east end of Metro Toronto and onto Ottawa from London and for those from the east end of Metro Toronto heading to the Ottawa area.

When they were loading the express buses with boarding groups today in Ottawa they called for passengers traveling to London. This may or may not be related.

As of Nov 3 Schedule 5036 leaving Vancouver at 8am will stop Coquitlam, Langley,Abbotsford,Westbank,Kelowna.It will no longer stop in Merritt. Also Schedule 5014 will now Stop in Chilliwack instead of Abbotsford on the outbound Express and as with 5036 it will Express to Westbank then Kelowna..Also 5098 will add Hope to its scheduled stop. And it seems all Kelowna outbounds from Vancouver will now all stop at Westbank, it seems that way for All Kelowna outbounds too.

It also appears on 3 Inbound schedules 5013,5031,5055 will all now stop in Chilliwack instead of Abbotsford. Also

Not from what I saw posted in the Vancouver depot last night. I just raised a concern about connecting passengers from 5159 that need to make the connection to 5409. Time will tell how long the schedule stays as printed.

As we know now passengers from 5159 are now connecting to 5001 for travel to Vancouver.

Not anything yet on the Greyhound website, If you try to book a London to Ottawa trip you still have to transfer in downtown Toronto

As we know now passengers from 5159 are now connecting to 5001 for travel to Vancouver.

Believe it or not, the connection to 5409 is still in play. 5159 arrives at 07:00 and 5409 leaves at 07:00. because 5409 is a legacy schedule it can be held for connecting passengers. Connecting passengers to Hope, Chilliwack, and Langley still connect from 5159 to 5409.