Greyhound Run/Schedule Changes

roeco

I'm quite surprised they are making the two seasonal Whistler locals year round now.

Also I can't understand the logic behind having so many schedules from van leaving so close together...u would think if their gonna have 2 leaving at 6-630...one could leave say 6 and stop at Coquitlam,Langley,Abbotsford,Chilli...then have one leave a bit later and meet in Chilliwack to transfer pass..Same with Express have them just go Van,Abbotsford or Chilli,then Express to Kelowna or Kamliops,Merritt doesn't need that much service...

• 5 weeks later...

Greyhound Express coming to Ontario (Toronto-London-Windsor and Detroit Mi) Starting November 13th more info can be found at www.mygreyhoundexpress.ca .

GREYHOUND EXPRESS® EXPANDS TO WESTERN UNIVERSITY ON JAN. 11

On-Campus Stop Provides Premium Non-Stop Service to Toronto with Reserved Seats, Free Wi-Fi and Fares as Low as $

http://www.greyhound.ca/en/newsroom/viewrelease.aspx?id=1&year=2013

It seems on Greyhounds schedule page they have added an additional schedule to Table 717...Prince George to Prince Rupert. It now shows a new schedule leaving Mon to Fri at 2230 arriving in Terrace at 0650. However theirs no Return from Terrace?? It does show a truck schedule on the return leaving Terrace at 1500 and arr in Pg at 2200. Kinda odd if u ask me!! I always thought they should have kept the night schedule out of Pg instead of the day one all the way to Rupert.That way keeping overnight Freight service from Pg to all points West!

I've rode this route a few times and every time there were passengers left behind from Ottawa. So i dont know what happened to the other customers along the route since we didnt stop anywhere.

The driver said either they catch the next scheduled run or if they have an extra bus they might send it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI run changes on table 700 took effect on June 1st. These seem to have caught MANY of us off guard.

Two Express runs and one Legacy run are affected. On schedule 5036 delete the time stop at Coquitlam and add a time stop in Langley. On schedule 5126, add a time stop in Langley. On Schedule 5153, change the Langley drop as required stop to a time stop.

run changes.JPG

5153 change.JPG

hmm interesting...It would have made more sense to keep the Express as that. And have 5000 Lv Vancouver 645am route via Coquitlam,Chilliwack,Hope,Merritt. And have 5010 Lv 630 route via Langley,Abbotsford,Chilliwack,Merritt. Then they could transfer 5022 vice versa pass in Chilli and meet their. Also ADD A Langley stop to 5006 instead as it has way better connections.

So Im sure you've done 5062? Since the Bc run changes that schedule goes into Mackenzie and back out at 1am..lol. A whole lot worse than Langley. Also 5155 goes into their to Discharge..at 345am..!! Not much of a difference..!

I've only driven 5062 before the cuts. Never gone into Mackenzie. There IS a difference between 5006 going into Langely at about 01:30 and 5155 at 03:45. When 5155 goes in (Only if required, I might add), The bar patrons have all gone home. Add to that, you can't actually buy a ticket to get on in Langley on 5155 because of the D on the schedule, and there is never any one around. If there is a time stop, there is potential for BIG trouble.

The Edmonton-Saskatoon schedule is changing very soon. Their will be a new departure from Edmonton at 6am arriving in Stoon around 130pm..This will be good for anyone transferring to STC..And on the return Leaving Saskatoon 5-530pm arriving back in Edmonton at 10-1030pm. The truck schedule will then be cancelled! That sure is an about face from when that run was cancelled back in 2011. At least it will give much better connections to/from STC.

The Edmonton-Saskatoon schedule is changing very soon. Their will be a new departure from Edmonton at 6am arriving in Stoon around 130pm..This will be good for anyone transferring to STC..And on the return Leaving Saskatoon 5-530pm arriving back in Edmonton at 10-1030pm. The truck schedule will then be cancelled! That sure is an about face from when that run was cancelled back in 2011. At least it will give much better connections to/from STC.

Edmonton-Saskatoon first trip was Jan 14 lv Ed 6am.. coming back at 520 from stoon.

I have heard that their are other changes happening too out of Edmonton...The 2315 Prince George will switch to leaving at Midnight, THeir will be a schedule to Ft McMurray Im assuming Express will leave around 7am. Also Grande Prairie will see an Express trip starting sometime in the summer(July).

Add to that, Effective July 10, only Customer Service representatives will be allowed to wear the Greyhound Express uniforms. After that date drivers will be in Grey regardless of weather they're on an express run or a legacy run. This memo was attached to driver's last pay stubs.

Confirmed!!! Edmonton to Grande Prairie Express Starts July 10 Lv Gp 630am arriving Edmonton 1125am. Return Lv Edmonton 2 pm arrive Gr at 655pm.Both schedules will stop in Valleyview and Whitecourt Only!! From what it looks like Mayerthorpe will have 1 bus a day each way. Schedule 5229 will service all the little places Westbound still except Sangudo which im sure will change.

Does anyone know do the depots have to be open for Greyhound Express arrivals.

Confirmed!!! Edmonton to Grande Prairie Express Starts July 10 Lv Gp 630am arriving Edmonton 1125am. Return Lv Edmonton 2 pm arrive Gr at 655pm.Both schedules will stop in Valleyview and Whitecourt Only!! From what it looks like Mayerthorpe will have 1 bus a day each way. Schedule 5229 will service all the little places Westbound still except Sangudo which im sure will change.

Does anyone know do the depots have to be open for Greyhound Express arrivals.

And do all the Express departure terminals have special Express areas for waiting..I know Ed and Cal do!

\

The express terminals at start and finish have special waiting areas for their passengers. And no the receiving depot does not have to be open for an Express arrival. Lethbridge, Vancouver, Kamloops, and Kelowna have express waiting areas too. Chilliwack, Abbotsford, and Merritt do not have this waiting area. Funny how they chose the date when the drivers' uniform for Express schedule changes too.

Coming soon, to a terminal near you....... ;)

Greyhound Lines, Inc., will be announcing the startup of 'Express' service, between Montreal and New York City......

Looks like they have decided not to brand the added summer schedules between New York City and Montreal/Toronto as "Express" after all......

Also quietly dropped, with the name being removed from all coaches is "NeOn".....

Start and end have special waiting rooms correct? As we do not...and not sure if one could even be put in?

Not necessarily seperate waiting rooms. Yes at start and finish the passengers have seperate waiting areas. But they are not seperate rooms. The waiting areas are seperated by dividing rope or something like that. With the limited space I remember in Grande Prairie My guess is that You will probably have just one line with a red carpet like they have in Lethbridge. Ft. Mac doesn't even have the rope, just the red carpet.

• 2 weeks later...

makes me wonder since we have only one departure at 630am if maybe we will put it out for the express and take it down after it leaves...We are currently not open for the arrival of that bus, and doubt we will be as we close 530 and it arrives 655pm.

Well we do have rope...red carpet...podium..curtain...etc and we have to put it up and take it down after arrivals/departures. The Express departure/arrival is also from Inside the Depot...! With the Express All Schedules now load/unload Inside the Depot and we are also now open for ALL Departures/Arrivals of every schedule.

Well we do have rope...red carpet...podium..curtain...etc and we have to put it up and take it down after arrivals/departures. The Express departure/arrival is also from Inside the Depot...! With the Express All Schedules now load/unload Inside the Depot and we are also now open for ALL Departures/Arrivals of every schedule.

We were also told we had to be open for Express Arrivals...?? I assumed Lethbridge is not open for the 1030 Express arrival or is it?