Orion VIII

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Schoolbusfan201 said:

Yes and the new LFSE+ is numbered 3000 and unfortunate i dont have the picture of the hybrid NABI

Sizzling 🔥🔥

METRO has, like, the best fleet in the US and no one even seems to notice.

Does that LFSe+ have a back window, per chance?

Guess this means the Orion VIIs are becoming endangered. I will miss them -- I always liked those buses for Houston. Here's two of 'em blazing up San Jacinto. Interestingly, the buses will end up outlasting both routes featured in this photo.

HOU_O7.thumb.jpg.5ead289648397d6f24a52c23d392352a.jpg

On 4/6/2023 at 9:36 PM, Border City Transit said:

Sizzling 🔥🔥

Guess this means the Orion VIIs are becoming endangered. I will miss them -- I always liked those buses for Houston. Here's two of 'em blazing up San Jacinto. Interestingly, the buses will end up outlasting both routes featured in this photo.

To some degree its true, the Orion 7s are quickly fading out of existence, especially in the NY and Toronto Metro areas where they once reigned supreme. However, there are still many agencies left with them. I can the last O7s being retired by 2028 at the latest (probably by TTC as they have 2011-12 O7 EPA10 3Gs. MTA/NICE's would all be long gone by then as would Houston Metro's).

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 8:36 PM, Border City Transit said:

Sizzling 🔥🔥

3000 has the rear window yes (not my pictures)

AE2CB637-EC49-458F-A341-142ACD0B64A8.png

69B936BC-4479-454F-9936-96655321C741.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Schoolbusfan201 said:

3000 has the rear window yes (not my pictures)

Outstanding! METRO does it again. That's a really nice bus -- so glad they're tasteful with ZEV decorations.

I haven't seen any pics of METRO's hybrid or CNG Novas. Do those have the 1/3 + 2/3 front door, too? Or will the EVs be a first for that?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 2:53 PM, Border City Transit said:

Outstanding! METRO does it again. That's a really nice bus -- so glad they're tasteful with ZEV decorations.

I haven't seen any pics of METRO's hybrid or CNG Novas. Do those have the 1/3 + 2/3 front door, too? Or will the EVs be a first for that?

i’m not sure but the nova cngs and hybrids metro has the front doors are just regular and to quote on the LFRS, i’m not sure all lfrs but most went to H ( hiram clarke) to stay at since probably W is going under construction for electric charging stations 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the June 29 Houston Metro Board Meeting, award of a procurement for 160 40' diesel buses to New Flyer. Three bids were received from New Flyer, Nova Bus* and ENC with New Flyer having the lowest cost. These buses will be for replacement of the 2008-2010 Orion VII hybrid buses.

*Note this procurement closed prior to the announcement of Nova Bus exiting bus production in the US.

Metro was also awarded funding for 40 new CNG buses and plans to procure hydrogen buses for a pilot project.

Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 4.36.54 AM.jpeg

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, MiExpress said:

From the June 29 Houston Metro Board Meeting, award of a procurement for 160 40' diesel buses to New Flyer. Three bids were received from New Flyer, Nova Bus* and ENC with New Flyer having the lowest cost. These buses will be for replacement of the 2008-2010 Orion VII hybrid buses.

*Note this procurement closed prior to the announcement of Nova Bus exiting bus production in the US.

Metro was also awarded funding for 40 new CNG buses and plans to procure hydrogen buses for a pilot project.

Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 4.36.54 AM.jpeg

So Houston Metro is going to get more XD40s and presumably XN40 CNGs as well as XHE40 Hydros?

I swear Houston Metro might very well have the most diverse fleet of buses in all of America! Just look at their fleet:

-Orion 7.501 NG Hybrids

-Orion 7.501 EPA10 3G Hybrids

-MCI D4500CTHs

-MCI D4500CTs

- NABI 40 LFW 3G Clean Diesels 

-NABI 40 LFW 3G CNGs

- Gillig Advantage BRT Plus CNGs

-Novabus LFS's

-Novabus LFSAs

-Novabus LFS CNGs

-Novabus LFSE+

-New Flyer XD40s