Photos of buses making turns

Enviro 500

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

If I'm correct there's a certain someone on here who's old home route was the 17. 

You are correct. I sure miss living there. Best neighborhood on the best bus route in the best city in the world. Best four years of my life. Miss it so much every day.  Why are the buses in your photos portaging ??? Something wrong with the overhead at Oak and Bdwy???

9 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

You are correct. I sure miss living there. Best neighborhood on the best bus route in the best city in the world. Best four years of my life. Miss it so much every day.  Why are the buses in your photos portaging ??? Something wrong with the overhead at Oak and Bdwy???

Just as I thought, it was you lol. Honestly your old neighborhood is and probably the best in the city. It was close to the downtown and rent wise it's not as expensive as compared to other neighborhoods with close proximity to downtown. As for the poles being down, due to a high rise construction on the SW corner of Broadway and Oak EB wires along Broadway were removed so construction crew could take down a crane. Broadway became an 1 lane road both ways using the WB lane. The EB 9's and 17's both directions had to have it's poles down to maneuver around that. 

44 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

As for the poles being down, due to a high rise construction on the SW corner of Broadway and Oak EB wires along Broadway

So the corner where the Scotia Bank is / was ??? That was my bank. It was so nice to have a bank close to home. I was actually on 12th and Spruce, but man, what a handy location to EVERYTHING and such good bus service.  A ton of coffee places and eateries on Broadway between Granville and Cambie (and beyond), Save On Foods and Home Depot at Cambie between 7th and 8th Ave. Canada Line at Cambie and Bdwy. Going to the pool or to downtown was quick and easy. The rents in the area are decent compared to the rest of the city, but if you break down some of the rents to $ / sq. ft  then maybe not so cheap. 

• 6 months later...

On the first day of school, I saw this TTC Orion VII NG HEV on route 939 short turning at McCowan. When I saw it about to turn from Sandhurst westbound on Finch, I decided to try out burst mode on my phone and see how it went. Attaching all the photos here would be rather too much, but thankfully Google's Photos app created a (very brief) animation from it.

00015IMG_00015_BURST20180904102029.jpg

00018IMG_00018_BURST20180904102029.jpg

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

On the first day of school, I saw this TTC Orion VII NG HEV on route 939 short turning at McCowan. When I saw it about to turn from Sandhurst westbound on Finch, I decided to try out burst mode on my phone and see how it went. Attaching all the photos here would be rather too much, but thankfully Google's Photos app created a (very brief) animation from it.

00015IMG_00015_BURST20180904102029.jpg

00018IMG_00018_BURST20180904102029.jpg

Random question but does the TTC charge a premium fare for their Express routes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...