Random Photos - Vancouver and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is actually the Fraser Valley Historical Railway Society (FVHRS). They are based out of Cloverdale in Surrey.

I could go on and on about the history of the BC Electric Railway, but it is worth taking some time to read about it online.

It used to be that, at the turn of the new millennium, the Transit Museum Society (TRAMS) operated two of the remaining interurban cars on the Downtown Vancouver Historical Railway in addition to their fleet of historical buses. However, the operation of the railway folded not long after the 2010 Olympics due to the evaporation of city support at the time as well as increasing financing and liability issues that no one wanted to address. They were stored for a number of years before FVHRS took them to their Cloverdale shops.

Shower thought that I had some time ago: The FVHRS currently has the largest collection of Vancouver interurban cars; they have four of them in addition to one of Surrey's historical streetcars. Having seen what vandals did to our E901A/E902 trolleybuses that TRAMS wanted to preserve... I'm a little queasy about all of them being under one roof. But perhaps I'm worrying too much, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...