Jump to content

WMATA Washington


DCAreaTransitFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

So here are the new changes. Not everything is plotted yet

  • 2911-2916 Bladensburg to Four Mile Run
  • 6354, 6356, 6359, 6370 Shepherd Parkway to Cinder Bed (6369 still at Shepherd Parkway)
  • 6521-6539 Western to Andrews Federal Center
  • 6552-6553 Shepherd Parkway to Western
  • 7086-7099 Andrews Federal Center to Landover
  • 7168-7177 Andrews Federal Center to Southern Avenue Annex
  • 7202-7204 Andrews Federal Center to Bladensburg
  • 7205 Montgomery to Bladensburg

Here are route shifts

  • Route 43 has trips out of Bladensburg
  • Routes 54 and E2 are fully out of Bladensburg
  • D6, H2, and H4 has trips from Western now
  • NH1 from Shepherd Parkway to Andrews Federal Center
  • X9 Andrews trips are replaced by Southern Avenue trips
  • Route V2 no longer got trips from Andrews Federal Center
  • Route N2/N4 no longer got Montgomery trips
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

More moves: 6362 and 6368 made their way back to Cinder Bed. Not sure what other LFAs moved there. The 54 still got peak period runs from Western. 

Wonder why Cinder Bed is getting more buses? More service frequency perhaps? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

All but two 2021 XD40s have entered service. I do not know where 4565 is at yet (either Andrews or Shepherd Parkway) though I can assume Shepherd Parkway. The other unit yet to enter service is 4599 though that may've entered service by now.

Was the 2022 XD40 order cut back to 75 units? I saw on wiki that only #4600-4674 is due next year along with the 2022 XN40s and electric buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Was the 2022 XD40 order cut back to 75 units? I saw on wiki that only #4600-4674 is due next year along with the 2022 XN40s and electric buses.

I heard it’s 100 buses for next year and since it’s the XD40s and XN40s coming next year I assume it’s going to be 4600-4674 plus 3350-3374. But again I could be wrong and we get 4600-4699 plus 3350-3374 instead.

Electric buses were suppose to come this year but was delayed for some reason. Idk any new details on those as of yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I heard it’s 100 buses for next year and since it’s the XD40s and XN40s coming next year I assume it’s going to be 4600-4674 plus 3350-3374. But again I could be wrong and we get 4600-4699 plus 3350-3374 instead.

Electric buses were suppose to come this year but was delayed for some reason. Idk any new details on those as of yet.

Any word if D.C. Circulator is getting new buses anytime soon? They haven't gotten anything new since early 2018 and CUE in Fairfax hadn't gotten anything new since 2015!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, Chris.A said:

From your experience, what D.C./Baltimore area bus system is the best maintenance, cleanliness vs, the worst?

In my opinion, the best is DASH bus.

DASH is mainly good since there’s a lot of transit fans within so they take good care of buses. I’d say they’re the best overall.

 

also, the Red Line Local shuttles (Twinbrook - Rockville - Shady Grove) are operated by Montgomery division though I did see a few Bladensburg and Western buses on them occasionally. The Red Line Express shuttle (Twinbrook to Shady Grove) is contracted out and I heard are being operated by Dillion’s Bus services. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

DASH is mainly good since there’s a lot of transit fans within so they take good care of buses. I’d say they’re the best overall.

 

also, the Red Line Local shuttles (Twinbrook - Rockville - Shady Grove) are operated by Montgomery division though I did see a few Bladensburg and Western buses on them occasionally. The Red Line Express shuttle (Twinbrook to Shady Grove) is contracted out and I heard are being operated by Dillion’s Bus services. 

For the worst, I'd say surprisingly Arlington Transit and Fairfax Connector. I noticed that their maintenance has taken a nose dive over the years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Chris.A said:

For the worst, I'd say surprisingly Arlington Transit and Fairfax Connector. I noticed that their maintenance has taken a nose dive over the years.  

Yeah I got a few friends that told me Arlington Transit has some questionable maintenance but got a good fleet of buses.

 

Also it seems 6190 went back to Bladensburg as it was on the 64 today. Not sure if 6161 and 6184 went back too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah I got a few friends that told me Arlington Transit has some questionable maintenance but got a good fleet of buses.

 

Also it seems 6190 went back to Bladensburg as it was on the 64 today. Not sure if 6161 and 6184 went back too.

Those remaining D40LFRs and C40LFR CNGs are on borrowed time. By 2023, I can see the first DE42LFA hybrids being retired, or atleast the Cinder Bed depot assigned ones.

And what's going on with the 6000 Series cars? Then been out for almost a year now! Also, are the 2000 series cars gone too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Those remaining D40LFRs and C40LFR CNGs are on borrowed time. By 2023, I can see the first DE42LFA hybrids being retired, or atleast the Cinder Bed depot assigned ones.

And what's going on with the 6000 Series cars? Then been out for almost a year now! Also, are the 2000 series cars gone too?

Those D40LFRs and C40LFRs are already seeing reduced usage. Cinder Bed LFAs will definitely be goners by 2023 due to how Transdev treats them. As for the 6Ks, they're still in the testing phase and 2Ks are only brought out if they're need to basically being a reserve fleet. The 3Ks and 7Ks are doing fine for the system for rn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Those D40LFRs and C40LFRs are already seeing reduced usage. Cinder Bed LFAs will definitely be goners by 2023 due to how Transdev treats them. As for the 6Ks, they're still in the testing phase and 2Ks are only brought out if they're need to basically being a reserve fleet. The 3Ks and 7Ks are doing fine for the system for rn.

Those buses are only being used in Rushhours at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

sometimes not even rush hours, just not in general unless the garages really need to take them out

Oh wow, I remember when those buses were new. Did the 2007 New Flyer C40LFR CNGs actually replaced anything when delivered? I remember that they were originally for the 79 Metroextra bus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Oh wow, I remember when those buses were new. Did the 2007 New Flyer C40LFR CNGs actually replaced anything when delivered? I remember that they were originally for the 79 Metroextra bus.

I think those C40LFRs replaced some Flxibles but not 100% sure. Yeah 2801-2814 were originally were used for the 79 while 2815-2825 were used for regular routes, then all were blue when the X9 was created. Then 2817-2825 were repainted into Red in 2015. 2816 was also suppose to be red but was painted blue when 2464 retired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I think those C40LFRs replaced some Flxibles but not 100% sure. Yeah 2801-2814 were originally were used for the 79 while 2815-2825 were used for regular routes, then all were blue when the X9 was created. Then 2817-2825 were repainted into Red in 2015. 2816 was also suppose to be red but was painted blue when 2464 retired.

Those C40LFRs sure got alot of love in the repainting department. Wonder why WMATA didn't order anymore of these (or just LFRs in general) as they seem like nice buses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 12:25 PM, Chris.A said:

Those C40LFRs sure got alot of love in the repainting department. Wonder why WMATA didn't order anymore of these (or just LFRs in general) as they seem like nice buses?

Two more D40LFRs have their numbers scratched off and removed and are parked at CET. Landover's D40LFRs are parked at the reserve pile alongside the DE40LFRs and DE40LFs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

The retired D40LFRs is 6113 and another unit.  6388 and 3044 are also there with 3044 still being held there for legal reasons following an collision back in July. Here they are taken by my friend Melvin.

EC3143AA-983C-4C53-80D7-7C24917CD89E.jpeg

Are XD60s #5535 and #5537 as well as XN40 #2915 all still OOS?

#3044 looks like it just needs a new headlight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Are XD60s #5535 and #5537 as well as XN40 #2915 all still OOS?

#3044 looks like it just needs a new headlight.

3044 has minor damage still being held for legal reasons it’d be back unless wmata pulls a NJT 19137. I haven’t seen 5535 nor 5537 out and 2915 nobody knows where’s that at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...