Jump to content

WMATA Washington


DCAreaTransitFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Seems like the next set of XD40s are going to Southern Avenue. 4541 is currently on the D6 (D6 was recently moved back to Southern Ave during the weekdays). Not sure what else they're getting though.

If true, probably going to knockout the remaining D40LFRs over there. Might be around 30 units, but we're probably going to need to play the wait and see game..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris.A said:

If true, probably going to knockout the remaining D40LFRs over there. Might be around 30 units, but we're probably going to need to play the wait and see game..

They already knocked out 4 which went to Western. More will probably enter service later tonight and throughout the week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Kinda think its 6. The 12 units I believe are 3082-3087 and those 6 LFAs.

No, they were saying they were buying additional 12 metro buses. That was long after the 3Gs came.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FFC should just use their option orders to buy new Xcelsiors.

1 minute ago, DCTransitFilms said:

honestly not sure tho. nobody seen other buses they got

I saw one about a week ago, but wasn't able to see the number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrews brought out their D40LFRs again. 6196 on the 36, 6194, 6197 on the 32, 6198 on the K12, 6200 on the D13, and 6201 on the 30N. They honestly could've used these buses for the shuttles instead of the regular buses tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems Southern Avenue's 4500s assignments are 4540-4554 right now. A bunch of them hit service today.  4544, 4545, 4548, 4549, 4551, 4552, and 4554 all hit service today on Southern Avenue routes. No Andrews D40LFRs are active though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

According to a Facebook post, 7255 has returned to service on the Z6 yesterday.

Seems that the Pentagon is currently in lockdown. I would expect all trains to bypass this station and all area bus lines to terminate at Pentagon City or even in Downtown Washington instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Seems that the Pentagon is currently in lockdown. I would expect all trains to bypass this station and all area bus lines to terminate at Pentagon City or even in Downtown Washington instead. 

There was a shooting at the bus bays there injuring three people. Hopefully they recover. All Metrobus and ART routes are currently diverting to Pentagon City. I assume OmniRide, Fairfax Connector, and DASH will be rerouted there too if everything doesn’t go back to normal. 
earlier train service was suspended between Mt Vernon/Rosslyn and Pentagon City with L’Enfant Plaza being bypassed but they been reopened. Right now trains are bypassing Pentagon station.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some of the rumored changes that will happen. Note these are just rumored changes and picks so nothing is official yet until September hits

  • Tics will most likely be appearing on Routes 90/92
  • Andrews will probably be getting the NH1 and possibly the P12
  • Bladensburg might be getting the 54 full time
  • Western will help out the H2/H4 during peak hours
  • Route 3Y will return and operate between DC and Virginia Hospital Center 
  • Routes 8W, K9, N2/N4 will return to service

Confirmed changes

  • Route 28A will stop at East Falls Church station
  • Route 7A will be going to Van Dorn Street via the 25B routing between Southern Towers and Van Dorn. They'll also have short trips to Southern Towers.
  • Route 25B will terminate around Southern Towers and Mark Center
  • Route 80 will be shorten to McPherson Square only
  • Routes 42/43 will be rerouted towards Kennedy Center while Route 43 will have some trips go to Potomac Park

As of right now, nothing is official yet. I suggest waiting for WMATA to actually post the changes on the website and play the waiting game until September hits. I do not know anything else as of yet but these are just changes I just heard from which are still unconfirmed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here are some of the rumored changes that will happen. Note these are just rumored changes and picks so nothing is official yet until September hits

  • Tics will most likely be appearing on Routes 90/92
  • Andrews will probably be getting the NH1 and possibly the P12
  • Bladensburg might be getting the 54 full time
  • Western will help out the H2/H4 during peak hours
  • Route 3Y will return and operate between DC and Virginia Hospital Center 
  • Routes 8W, K9, N2/N4 will return to service

Confirmed changes

  • Route 28A will stop at East Falls Church station
  • Route 7A will be going to Van Dorn Street via the 25B routing between Southern Towers and Van Dorn. They'll also have short trips to Southern Towers.
  • Route 25B will terminate around Southern Towers and Mark Center
  • Route 80 will be shorten to McPherson Square only
  • Routes 42/43 will be rerouted towards Kennedy Center while Route 43 will have some trips go to Potomac Park

As of right now, nothing is official yet. I suggest waiting for WMATA to actually post the changes on the website and play the waiting game until September hits. I do not know anything else as of yet but these are just changes I just heard from which are still unconfirmed.

So the 28A will no serve Tyson's? It's taking the former 28X routing? 

Also, where does the 80 terminate now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Seems like the next set of XD40s are going to Southern Avenue. 4541 is currently on the D6 (D6 was recently moved back to Southern Ave during the weekdays). Not sure what else they're getting though.

Is it true that DASH retired their remaining Neoplan AN460 buses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chris.A said:

So the 28A will no serve Tyson's? It's taking the former 28X routing? 

Also, where does the 80 terminate now?

28A will still go to Tysons. 80 will terminate at McPherson Square

36 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Is it true that DASH retired their remaining Neoplan AN460 buses?

Heard they were pulled with issues. No word if they'll return to service though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Here are some of the rumored changes that will happen. Note these are just rumored changes and picks so nothing is official yet until September hits

  • Tics will most likely be appearing on Routes 90/92
  • Andrews will probably be getting the NH1 and possibly the P12
  • Bladensburg might be getting the 54 full time
  • Western will help out the H2/H4 during peak hours
  • Route 3Y will return and operate between DC and Virginia Hospital Center 
  • Routes 8W, K9, N2/N4 will return to service

Confirmed changes

  • Route 28A will stop at East Falls Church station
  • Route 7A will be going to Van Dorn Street via the 25B routing between Southern Towers and Van Dorn. They'll also have short trips to Southern Towers.
  • Route 25B will terminate around Southern Towers and Mark Center
  • Route 80 will be shorten to McPherson Square only
  • Routes 42/43 will be rerouted towards Kennedy Center while Route 43 will have some trips go to Potomac Park

As of right now, nothing is official yet. I suggest waiting for WMATA to actually post the changes on the website and play the waiting game until September hits. I do not know anything else as of yet but these are just changes I just heard from which are still unconfirmed.

Slowly but surely, WMATA is inching toward a stronger, easier-to-understand Metrobus system. Many components of the September change are big steps in that direction.

90-92... easily one of my favorite Metrobus lines. And I like artics. Yet, I have trouble seeing artics here. Though it's a very busy line, it does a -lot- of turnover. I can't think of many places where a 40-foot bus can't handle capacity on this line. Hmm...

54 at Bladensburg! Wow... we are really missing Northern!

3Y welcome home. Always liked that route. Of all the peak routes from Virginia, I am (pleasantly) surprised to see this one restored sooner than some others.

28A ... I don't understand this change. I like 28A new routing in Alexandria, as it removes a lot of twists and turns. So why go add twists and turns in Falls Church? Only thing I can think of... is the benefit of higher-frequency Metro connections at East Falls Church M? If that's the case, they should just remove 28A from West Falls Church M -- which, after the Silver Line opened, became kind of a ghost town.

7A ... 100% in favor of connection to Van Dorn St M. It's such a good addition, they should run all the trips over the full route. Short-turns at Southern Towers... just seems so cheap and halfhearted. Also wish the routing between SoTo and Van Dorn St M was more direct. It does a lot of bobbing and weaving.

Looking forward to yet more positive changes in the near future!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Border City Transit said:

Slowly but surely, WMATA is inching toward a stronger, easier-to-understand Metrobus system. Many components of the September change are big steps in that direction.

90-92... easily one of my favorite Metrobus lines. And I like artics. Yet, I have trouble seeing artics here. Though it's a very busy line, it does a -lot- of turnover. I can't think of many places where a 40-foot bus can't handle capacity on this line. Hmm...

54 at Bladensburg! Wow... we are really missing Northern!

3Y welcome home. Always liked that route. Of all the peak routes from Virginia, I am (pleasantly) surprised to see this one restored sooner than some others.

28A ... I don't understand this change. I like 28A new routing in Alexandria, as it removes a lot of twists and turns. So why go add twists and turns in Falls Church? Only thing I can think of... is the benefit of higher-frequency Metro connections at East Falls Church M? If that's the case, they should just remove 28A from West Falls Church M -- which, after the Silver Line opened, became kind of a ghost town.

7A ... 100% in favor of connection to Van Dorn St M. It's such a good addition, they should run all the trips over the full route. Short-turns at Southern Towers... just seems so cheap and halfhearted. Also wish the routing between SoTo and Van Dorn St M was more direct. It does a lot of bobbing and weaving.

Looking forward to yet more positive changes in the near future!

28A routing will still go between King Street and Tysons, it will have a diversion to EFC possibly for better connections. But yeah the 28A would be really long once that happens. Plus I do like Shep will be putting tics on the 90/92 since all you can find tics from there are on the W4 and only on the W4. Their wheels can be stretched instead of being beaten down by the W4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Border City Transit said:

Slowly but surely, WMATA is inching toward a stronger, easier-to-understand Metrobus system. Many components of the September change are big steps in that direction.

90-92... easily one of my favorite Metrobus lines. And I like artics. Yet, I have trouble seeing artics here. Though it's a very busy line, it does a -lot- of turnover. I can't think of many places where a 40-foot bus can't handle capacity on this line. Hmm...

54 at Bladensburg! Wow... we are really missing Northern!

3Y welcome home. Always liked that route. Of all the peak routes from Virginia, I am (pleasantly) surprised to see this one restored sooner than some others.

28A ... I don't understand this change. I like 28A new routing in Alexandria, as it removes a lot of twists and turns. So why go add twists and turns in Falls Church? Only thing I can think of... is the benefit of higher-frequency Metro connections at East Falls Church M? If that's the case, they should just remove 28A from West Falls Church M -- which, after the Silver Line opened, became kind of a ghost town.

7A ... 100% in favor of connection to Van Dorn St M. It's such a good addition, they should run all the trips over the full route. Short-turns at Southern Towers... just seems so cheap and halfhearted. Also wish the routing between SoTo and Van Dorn St M was more direct. It does a lot of bobbing and weaving.

Looking forward to yet more positive changes in the near future!

So I guess that the 28A will be realigned from Falls Church entirely? From Seven Corners, it might follow the 26A to East Falls Church Metro, jump on I-66, then stop at West Falls Church? That COULD speed it up somewhat, avoiding that 25 mph street on the surface streets. 

Also, went to West Ox yesterday and I can confirm that there are indeed only 6 LFAs from WMATA in the FFC scheme. Also able to confirm that 2010 D40LFR #9617 is officially retired and striped of re-usable parts after last summer's fire. They seemed to have moved all the FFC buses to where the Metrobuses used to be parted at, so I guess WMATA buses will be taking the former FFC spots when they return next month. Still wonder they will send them..?

12 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

28A routing will still go between King Street and Tysons, it will have a diversion to EFC possibly for better connections. But yeah the 28A would be really long once that happens. Plus I do like Shep will be putting tics on the 90/92 since all you can find tics from there are on the W4 and only on the W4. Their wheels can be stretched instead of being beaten down by the W4.

Dash bus is also getting that system realignment, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...