WMATA Washington

The approved FY2022 budget plan. When 90% of the pages are all just angry comments of the potential bus cuts that is saying something.

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3A-FY2022-Budget-to-POST.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0AQz6pHdtqPFjQhSmY46PWpFup5sXLJ8jVJPnefyGVyzheb-K8YJGnBJ4

Anyways heres a summary of the budget that was approved:

• Metrorail will maintain its current service of 12 mins on all lines during the weekdays (6 mins on the red line) and regular service during the weekends
  • Routes 18J, 26A, and 60 will return to service (Route V7 and the X3 school trip was restored on March 14, 2021)
  • Routes 8Z, 11Y, 17K, 21A, 28G, C28, and E6 will be restored under modifications of another route as plots
  • Routes 23B and 23T will have its weekday service restored
  • Route 62 will have its weekend service restored
  • Route C29 Saturday service to Bowie will be restored
  • Routes 3A, 3T, 15K, 29C, and 29W will be taken over by Fairfax Connector
  • Late night service up to 2 a.m. will be added to Routes 1A,7A,10A,16E, 23B, 28A, 32/36, 33, 38B, 52, 70, 80, 92, A6/A8, A12, C4, D12, F4, G8, H4, J2, K6, L2, P6, P12, S2, T18, U5, V2, W2, W4, X2, Y2, Z8

Idk if any routes will be eithe rerouted or other eliminations as of yet. Changes are supposed to happen on June 6, 2021 I heard. 

• Like 2
On 4/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

The approved FY2022 budget plan. When 90% of the pages are all just angry comments of the potential bus cuts that is saying something.

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3A-FY2022-Budget-to-POST.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0AQz6pHdtqPFjQhSmY46PWpFup5sXLJ8jVJPnefyGVyzheb-K8YJGnBJ4

Anyways heres a summary of the budget that was approved:

• Metrorail will maintain its current service of 12 mins on all lines during the weekdays (6 mins on the red line) and regular service during the weekends
  • Routes 18J, 26A, and 60 will return to service (Route V7 and the X3 school trip was restored on March 14, 2021)
  • Routes 8Z, 11Y, 17K, 21A, 28G, C28, and E6 will be restored under modifications of another route as plots
  • Routes 23B and 23T will have its weekday service restored
  • Route 62 will have its weekend service restored
  • Route C29 Saturday service to Bowie will be restored
  • Routes 3A, 3T, 15K, 29C, and 29W will be taken over by Fairfax Connector
  • Late night service up to 2 a.m. will be added to Routes 1A,7A,10A,16E, 23B, 28A, 32/36, 33, 38B, 52, 70, 80, 92, A6/A8, A12, C4, D12, F4, G8, H4, J2, K6, L2, P6, P12, S2, T18, U5, V2, W2, W4, X2, Y2, Z8

Idk if any routes will be eithe rerouted or other eliminations as of yet. Changes are supposed to happen on June 6, 2021 I heard. 

That is some good news indeed. I can't help but wonder if West Ox will remain closed after all this though.

21 minutes ago, alexb320 said:

43 Orions are up for auction on GovDeals. Its a various mix of (17) 30ft/40ft Orion VIIs and (26) diesel Orion Vs. I tried to get a list of the VINs, but it seems they won't release that except to the winning bidder.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=203&acctid=20077

3029 was one of them I saw on one the pics. Idk the rest though.

3 hours ago, alexb320 said:

43 Orions are up for auction on GovDeals. Its a various mix of (17) 30ft/40ft Orion VIIs and (26) diesel Orion Vs. I tried to get a list of the VINs, but it seems they won't release that except to the winning bidder.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=203&acctid=20077

Someone better get an Orion V and an Orion VII OG CNG!

17 hours ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

Hi, man.

WMATA, What do say more the articulated buses or not much more an articulated bus than 50 or 100 series in the DC Area, either urban or suburban?

I could always love the articulated bus.

11 hours ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

And WMATA, I think to mean that articulated buses have only two doors during passengers in the service used on Urban or Suburban in the DC Area?

A lot of garages can't house tics (Landover, Western, FMR as examples) while other garages won't need them (Andrews, and Cinder Bed). I guess WMATA wants to wait for Blade and Northern to be rebuilt so they can add more tics because a lot of other routes would need tics. When they're rebuilt it can expand tic capacity to cover more of the system.

Also WMATA is staying away from suburban style for now since the 5A would be gone in another year while the B30 might not be reinstated which why all our buses are in transit seating.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

A lot of garages can't house tics (Landover, Western, FMR as examples) while other garages won't need them (Andrews, and Cinder Bed). I guess WMATA wants to wait for Blade and Northern to be rebuilt so they can add more tics because a lot of other routes would need tics. When they're rebuilt it can expand tic capacity to cover more of the system.

Also WMATA is staying away from suburban style for now since the 5A would be gone in another year while the B30 might not be reinstated which why all our buses are in transit seating.

Oh ok, alright, I never heard that's. I had to ride the bus only two times for rt. S4 between from Federal Triangle to Silver Spring Station via Northern last in December 2017 a long time ago. Now route S4 is deleting for sure?

WMATA does have more than 100 series fleet; DE60LFA: (22) - plan to retire. XDE60; (21, 12) total 33 series active, and new XD60 total 42 series active the articulated bus. May just more new articulated buses have increased 100 fleets around for WMATA in the DC Area?

8 hours ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

Oh ok, alright, I never heard that's. I had to ride the bus only two times for rt. S4 between from Federal Triangle to Silver Spring Station via Northern last in December 2017 a long time ago. Now route S4 is deleting for sure?

WMATA does have more than 100 series fleet; DE60LFA: (22) - plan to retire. XDE60; (21, 12) total 33 series active, and new XD60 total 42 series active the articulated bus. May just more new articulated buses have increased 100 fleets around for WMATA in the DC Area?

We have rougly 96 which the DE60LFAs are in the process of retiring as well. Like I said, WMATA wants to expand their tic fleet but I think WMATA will wait for Northern and Blade to rebuilt before getting more tics. In the future probably we'll have 100+ tics

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

We have rougly 96 which the DE60LFAs are in the process of retiring as well. Like I said, WMATA wants to expand their tic fleet but I think WMATA will wait for Northern and Blade to rebuilt before getting more tics. In the future probably we'll have 100+ tics

But surely Sheppard's Parkway can accommodate a larger fleet of artics for now can't they? 

25 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Oh, I see that's interesting. They more than 100 fleet limit or increase an articulated bus in the DC Area, has fun alright. Well, but most our King County Metro just more than 60% fleet, largest operating the articulated bus and (Including TrolleyBus) now (933) fleet around during passengers equipment normal commuter the freeway both Urban and Suburban in the Seattle Area on Weekdays and weekends anytime enjoy. KCM, for sure, has the largest articulated bus than WMATA, a little articulated bus thing.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:33 PM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Oh, I see that's interesting. They more than 100 fleet limit or increase an articulated bus in the DC Area, has fun alright. Well, but most our King County Metro just more than 60% fleet, largest operating the articulated bus and (Including TrolleyBus) now (933) fleet around during passengers equipment normal commuter the freeway both Urban and Suburban in the Seattle Area on Weekdays and weekends anytime enjoy. KCM, for sure, has the largest articulated bus than WMATA, a little articulated bus thing.

Yeah I like how we got more tics but they are supposed to be replacement for older tics. I think WMATA will order more tics once Blade and Northern gets rebuilt to get to their full potential of tic fleet. Plus they will probably add tics at Cinder Bed in the future when they get Royal Street's old routes and when they get the garage back. We just gotta wait and see.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, Chris.A said:

But surely Sheppard's Parkway can accommodate a larger fleet of artics for now can't they? 

Shep has a tic capacity of 50 I think. The 90s and A lines could also use tics besides the W4. And the X1 once ridership picks back up they could use tics too.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah I like how we got more tics but they are supposed to be replacement for older tics. I think WMATA will order more tics once Blade and Northern gets rebuilt to get to their full potential of tic fleet. Plus they will probably add tics at Cinder Bed in the future when they get Royal Street's old routes and when they get the garage back. We just gotta wait and see.

Shep has a tic capacity of 50 I think. The 90s and A lines could also use tics besides the W4. And the X1 once ridership picks back up they could use tics too.

Well, besides the REX, what Cinder Bed lines can use artics?

15 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Alright, thank you for the info. Next time I will visit the DC Area for the bus again later in the month or year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Per a Montgomery operator, 6031 and 6035 are getting towed from Montgomery division today. Not sure where it’s being taken possibly CET or a scrap yard but idk yet.

In another update with the same operator, 6011 is there as a reserve. 6041 is also a reserve for right now. 6036 is active despite it not having a working tracker.

5 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

In another update with the same operator, 6011 is there as a reserve. 6041 is also a reserve for right now. 6036 is active despite it not having a working tracker.

Montgomery also has 6010, 6013, 6045 and the blue D40LFRs as reserves. Don’t know why though.

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Montgomery also has 6010, 6013, 6045 and the blue D40LFRs as reserves. Don’t know why though.

6011 is retired per the same operator. Probably they'll be gone by the end of the year

• Sad 1

Regarding FMR and tics, I thought FMR could take a limited number. I remember some of the 60-BRT's spent short stints at FMR to service the 5A during holiday periods in 2008-09 back when Blade shunted them to the R2 and U8 due to the reconstruction of H Street NE precluding any intended use on the X2.

48 minutes ago, Scrabbleship said:

Regarding FMR and tics, I thought FMR could take a limited number. I remember some of the 60-BRT's spent short stints at FMR to service the 5A during holiday periods in 2008-09 back when Blade shunted them to the R2 and U8 due to the reconstruction of H Street NE precluding any intended use on the X2.

Yeah, #5401 and #5402 were assigned to Four Mile Run for a month or so back in late 2008 and early 2009, right before Arlington was closed and replaced by West Ox. Four Mile had nothing else but Orion 7.501/503 CNGs back then.

17 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

6011 is retired per the same operator. Probably they'll be gone by the end of the year

I give those 2005 DE40LFs til September. Also, are most of the D40LFRs really sidelined??? I looked at the Roster and it appears that only Southern Ave Depot is actively using theirs. Everyone else retired their units?