WMATA Washington

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow! We are all entitled to our own opinion -- but I am surprised to hear this. I love, love, love the rear window. I worked for a transit system that was buying New Flyers and I lobbied suc

Wednesday, December 27, 2017. 15:53 pm - 16:45 pm. Federal Triangle, Washington DC - Silver Spring Station, Maryland. The first time, I went to ride the bus and passengers, it was so pretty,

Here are my pics of New Flyer XD40 4455 operating on Route G14 today. This was the first XD40 to enter service today. Here’s also my YouTube video of the bus today. https://youtu.be/hyPDLVClEwI

Posted Images

On 1/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Sunday, April 12, 2015. 15:05 pm.

Carver/Langston, Washington DC.

WMATA (front - 5403 and behind 54??) NABI 60-BRT.08 CNG. 2008 Bus.

11174847_1144776755548602_820972211915962619_n_1144776755548602.jpg

Rarely see these buses anymore.

On 1/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

WMATA will be temporarily holding off employee layoffs and major service cuts since WMATA will be getting a $610 million COVID relief bill. This will last through June 30th and WMATA would need additional federal relief to avoid service reductions for the next fiscal year

https://www.wmata.com/about/news/Covid-relief-funding.cfm

Have all the Orion VII OG CNGs been officially retired (including the 3000s)? I have not seen the 3000s actively lately since the start of the new year.

6 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Have all the Orion VII OG CNGs been officially retired (including the 3000s)? I have not seen the 3000s actively lately since the start of the new year.

As of right now 3001, 3004-3006, and 3009 are active rn. 

WMATA has revised its operating budget and suspended its major cuts due to the $610 million dollar relief Bill. If WMATA does not get another funding for the next financial year, they’d have to look at cuts.https://dcist.com/story/21/01/11/metro-revised-budget-coronavirus-relief/

Here is WMATA’s revised version. A few routes would come back while Some routes would be modified and or eliminated in the first half of the FY2022 budget. Take a look over it bc there are a lot of bus proposals.

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3B-FY2022-Budget-Update.pdf

• Thanks 1

Here is another more detailed explanation of the proposals. Most of these proposals are interesting.

• Routes 8Z and 21A would merge into a 21C, the 11Y would be cut back to Braddock Road as route 11C
  • route 17H would be extended along the 17K alignment,
  • route 22F would be extended to Skyline City via the 28G alignment while restoring the 28F
  • Rush hour Route C26 would be extended to Bowie Gateway Center
  • Route M4 would be extended to Knollwood while the E6 remains suspended
  • Routes 23B and 23T would restore weekday service
  • Routes 18J, 26A, and route 60, would return to service
  • Routes C14, D2, E2, G2, H12, M6, NH2, R12, T14, V12, X8, and Z6 would have its weekend service restore
  • Route C29 service between Pointer Ridge and Bowie would be restored 

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3A-FY2021-Budget-Amendment-2.pdf

In this system wide changes, WMATA will maintain all FY2021 frequencies plus will be bringing back the following routes once demand picks up:

• DC: 37, 39, D1, D5, E6, G9, H1, L1, S1, V1, V7, X1, X3
  • MD: 87
  • VA: 4A, 7C, 7P, 8S, 8W, 8Z, 10E, 11Y, 16L, 16Y, 17L, 18G, 18H, 28G

This leaves the remaining routes will be eliminated with some routes giving alternative service via reroutes.

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3B-FY2022-Budget-Update.pdf

For Metrorail, trains will operate every 12 minutes except the Red Line which will operate every 6 minutes. Not too bad but could be 8 minutes instead for the lines.  For the second half of FY2022, unless there isn't another COVID relief bill, trains would run every 30 mins with turnbacks happening on the Red and Yellow Lines plus the closure of 19 stations and closing at 9 pm everyday. This time, WMATA won't consider shutting down weekend service for the part and instead operate trains every 30 minutes. Metrobus would do its doomsday cuts they mention back in December.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rob S said:

7091-7095 are at West Ox now.  

My guess is since they are rehabbing their 7180s and 7190s rn. I just saw 7093 a few days ago though

Just now, DCTransitFilms said:

My guess is since they are rehabbing their 7180s and 7190s rn. I just saw 7093 a few days ago though

On the H2

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

On the H2

They are doing the 2012 Hybrids now? What about the BAE units?

3 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here is another more detailed explanation of the proposals. Most of these proposals are interesting.

• Routes 8Z and 21A would merge into a 21C, the 11Y would be cut back to Braddock Road as route 11C
  • route 17H would be extended along the 17K alignment,
  • route 22F would be extended to Skyline City via the 28G alignment while restoring the 28F
  • Rush hour Route C26 would be extended to Bowie Gateway Center
  • Route M4 would be extended to Knollwood while the E6 remains suspended
  • Routes 23B and 23T would restore weekday service
  • Routes 18J, 26A, and route 60, would return to service
  • Routes C14, D2, E2, G2, H12, M6, NH2, R12, T14, V12, X8, and Z6 would have its weekend service restore
  • Route C29 service between Pointer Ridge and Bowie would be restored 

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/3A-FY2021-Budget-Amendment-2.pdf

In this system wide changes, WMATA will maintain all FY2021 frequencies plus will be bringing back the following routes once demand picks up:

• DC: 37, 39, D1, D5, E6, G9, H1, L1, S1, V1, V7, X1, X3
  • MD: 87
  • VA: 4A, 7C, 7P, 8S, 8W, 8Z, 10E, 11Y, 16L, 16Y, 17L, 18G, 18H, 28G

This leaves the remaining routes will be eliminated with some routes giving alternative service via reroutes.

For Metrorail, trains will operate every 12 minutes except the Red Line which will operate every 6 minutes. Not too bad but could be 8 minutes instead for the lines.  For the second half of FY2022, unless there isn't another COVID relief bill, trains would run every 30 mins with turnbacks happening on the Red and Yellow Lines plus the closure of 19 stations and closing at 9 pm everyday. This time, WMATA won't consider shutting down weekend service for the part and instead operate trains every 30 minutes. Metrobus would do its doomsday cuts they mention back in December.

So the 28G and 22F will merge? Why not just revive the former 25A or the 25C?

20 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

They are doing the 2012 Hybrids now? What about the BAE units?

So the 28G and 22F will merge? Why not just revive the former 25A or the 25C?

Idk why they skipped over the BAE units probably bc those engines don’t need an overhaul quite yet but idk yet

Also beginning this Friday, WMATA announced that 13 stations will be closed due to heighten security and closed off areas due to the upcoming inauguration day. For six days until next Thursday, all lines will operate on the current Saturday levels (every 12 minutes on the Red Line and every 15 minutes on all other lines) with the following stations closed beginning on Friday: Farragut North, Judiciary Square, Union Station, Archives, Arlington Cemetery, Farragut West, McPherson Square, Federal Center SW, Capitol South, Smithsonian, and Federal Triangle. Metro Center and Gallery Place will be closed beginning Saturday. 

For Metrobus, all lines will operate on its current schedule except on inauguration day where it'd operate on the Saturday service levels. Routes 5A, 7Y, 16E, 38B, 30N, 30S, 32, 33, 36, 42, 43, 52, 54, 59, 63, 64, 70, 74, 79, 80, D4, D6, D8, L2, G8, N6, P6, S2, S9, X2, X9 are on current detours until further notice.

https://www.wmata.com/about/news/2021-Inauguration-Service-Adjustments.cfm

https://www.wmata.com/service/status/details/temp-detour-first-amendment-jan13-until-further-notice.cfm

Saw two 2000 Orion v buses being towed into va this morning.   One heading south on 95 in Springfield and one on the Wilson Bridge.   Couldn’t see the wrecker company name that was hauling them.  7088 is showing up on the 1A now. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Saw two 2000 Orion v buses being towed into va this morning.   One heading south on 95 in Springfield and one on the Wilson Bridge.   Couldn’t see the wrecker company name that was hauling them.   

I think there’s a scrapyard around Lorton. It was far but I thought I saw the ART Designline buses there too. I forgot where I may’ve saw them tho

Or even if it were them 

8 hours ago, Rob S said:

Saw two 2000 Orion v buses being towed into va this morning.   One heading south on 95 in Springfield and one on the Wilson Bridge.   Couldn’t see the wrecker company name that was hauling them.  7088 is showing up on the 1A now. 

What the hell? Maybe they are going to that one military training base in VA. I know that several retired 1997 Orion Vs and a couple of Rohrs 1000 series cars went down there like 8-9 years ago...

3 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Still unsure when those XD60s will enter service. They been in training for months now

Maybe they are waiting for the 2021 buses to come too, so they can all be deployed at once?

5 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Looks like 7088 is at West Ox. Currently on the 1A. Not sure about 7087, 7089, and 7090

Just now, Chris.A said:

Maybe they are waiting for the 2021 buses to come too, so they can all be deployed at once?

Any of our XDE40s left the depot for the inner city for overhauls yet?

9 hours ago, Rob S said:

What units were they?

Just now, Chris.A said:

unlikely. 2021 buses would need to be inspected, trained on, and then road inspect before entry of service and they won't even enter service until later in the year. I don't even think they'd wait for that long just to put in service 5500-5509

1 minute ago, DCTransitFilms said:

unlikely. 2021 buses would need to be inspected, trained on, and then road inspect before entry of service and they won't even enter service until later in the year. I don't even think they'd wait for that long just to put in service 5500-5509

and #5510, kinda weird how we have 11 buses in this order instead of 10.