DCAreaTransitFan

WMATA Washington

DASH's XD35s are now on the move. Spotted #515 working the AT 3-4 at Braddock road Metro while on a Blue line shuttle bus (#2655 CNG)

BTW the depots behind the shuttle work were:

Bladensburg: XN40s

Northern : XDE40s

Western: DE42LFAs (express)

Four Mile Run: Orion VII OG CNGs (express)

Landover : XDE40s ( 2016's)

Sheppard's Parkway: DE42LFAs (express), Nabi BRT 42 hybrids.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, Chris.A said:

Yep #7100 looks like a goner. Won't that be like the 2nd or 3rd WMATA Xcelsior to be written off?

None have been scrapped, but there are a few with rather severe damage at CET that may or may not ever return to service.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, Chris.A said:

Also, are all of #3001-3035  now at Bladensburg? I never see those baby Orion VII OG CNGs anymore @ FMR depot routes.

I think there are still a few at FMR, but most of theirs were moved to Bladensburg last year.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, Chris.A said:

Why are they retiring these buses?

These buses are being retired because a) they are old enough to be considered for retirement (they are all at least 12 years old), and b) new buses have been delivered to replace them.

1 hour ago, WMATAC40LF said:

None have been scrapped, but there are a few with rather severe damage at CET that may or may not ever return to service.

I think there are still a few at FMR, but most of theirs were moved to Bladensburg last year.

These buses are being retired because a) they are old enough to be considered for retirement (they are all at least 12 years old), and b) new buses have been delivered to replace them.

Nevermind, I saw a 30XX driving around the depot yesterday.

Actually, I believe there are 3 XN40 OOS currently for various incidents. #3112 from that tree falling on it and a couple of 2015-2016 XN40s.

44 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Nevermind, I saw a 30XX driving around the depot yesterday.

Actually, I believe there are 3 XN40 OOS currently for various incidents. #3112 from that tree falling on it and a couple of 2015-2016 XN40s.

There are still a few at FMR, and I'd recommend using transsee.ca to search for vehicles by fleet numbers.

There are also a couple of XDE40s and an XDE60 OOS right now. 

2000 Orion V #2197 is back in service too. Working the 97 currently. First new unit in a while bringing us to around 30 Orion Vs active.

PRTC Omniride 2008 MCI D4500 CT #377 has been overhauled and repainted in the "NEW" scheme. I thought it was one of the new CTs at first until I saw the older headlights on it. More older CTs (and possibly a few CLs as well) will be getting the new PRTC scheme in the coming months.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

There are still a few at FMR, and I'd recommend using transsee.ca to search for vehicles by fleet numbers.

Yeah, saw #3019 parked in the depot in Saturday afternoon. 

I have a question about the #2700 series buses. Back in 2004-2005 when WMATA was first ordering these, did they really ordered 30 buses all for the 5A line?  

BTW, 2010 DE42LFA #6590 is freshly overhauled out of West Ox.

Add #6578 and #6588 to that list. Also, 2012 XDE40 #7174 broke down while working to 2A earlier in Ballston. The maintenance at the Northern VA Metrobus depots are starting to slip. Not good.

Forgot to post this yesterday, but I finally was able to ride one of the new Omniride D4500CTs and I must say, they are VERY nice buses! They even come with Seatbelts, which is a first for this bus system! I wonder if Loudoun County Transit's newest MCIs have this feature as well, for their fleet is very similar to PRTC's. 

On 3/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

Saw 2005 Orion VII OG CNG #2615 on the 8W today.