WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

12 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Alstom Car 6174 is reported to have the Sandy Carroll door chime right now. Currently its on the Blue Line as Train 456

Ok....

In other WMATA news, the Silver line trains are FINALLY running along the new phase 2 tracks to (and beyond) the airport. Saw a number of older stock personally passing by. Hopefully they open soon. Not sure what the timeline is to axe the 5A bus line though.

I guess whenever we start seeing notices on 5A bus stops, we'll know. Personally, I think they should keep the route anyway for whenever the trains are down.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:00 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Alstom Car 6174 is reported to have the Sandy Carroll door chime right now. Currently its on the Blue Line as Train 456

I forgot to make it clear it was the older door chime that was found on car 6011 for a brief time.

On 10/4/2022 at 6:49 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

Ok....

In other WMATA news, the Silver line trains are FINALLY running along the new phase 2 tracks to (and beyond) the airport. Saw a number of older stock personally passing by. Hopefully they open soon. Not sure what the timeline is to axe the 5A bus line though.

I guess whenever we start seeing notices on 5A bus stops, we'll know. Personally, I think they should keep the route anyway for whenever the trains are down.

2 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Now that the Silver Line is open to open phase 2, do you think WMATA will create new Metrobus routes to service Loudoun County (besides the 5A)?

Highly doubt WMATA will venture into Loudoun County. The 5A will be discontinued after the Silver Line opens and FFC routes will be shifted around

3 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I forgot to make it clear it was the older door chime that was found on car 6011 for a brief time.

Highly doubt WMATA will venture into Loudoun County. The 5A will be discontinued after the Silver Line opens and FFC routes will be shifted around

You think the same day or sometime soon after?

The fare evasion warning campaign began this past Tuesday (Oct. 4). Anyone who does NOT pay the fare on any Metrobus or Metrorail must pay a fine when fare enforcement begins next month.

https://www.wmata.com/about/news/Fare-evasion-campaign.cfm

https://dcist.com/story/22/10/04/metro-will-ramp-up-ticketing-for-fare-evasion-next-month-test-new-faregates/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

XD40 4700 has entered service today on Route C26. Not sure what model year this is from and I'm not sure if this will be considered a 2022 or 2023 model. I do believe the license plate might be B 53077.

It also could be a replacement for 4599?

Why didn't they just number #4599 then? Do we know anything about that unit (if it ever existed)?

On 10/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, BusTraveler96 said:

The fare evasion warning campaign began this past Tuesday (Oct. 4). Anyone who does NOT pay the fare on any Metrobus or Metrorail must pay a fine when fare enforcement begins next month.

https://www.wmata.com/about/news/Fare-evasion-campaign.cfm

https://dcist.com/story/22/10/04/metro-will-ramp-up-ticketing-for-fare-evasion-next-month-test-new-faregates/

I remember my first visit to Washington DC back in 2019 and how it is based on distance for one-way fares. Unless purchasing the day pass or multi-day pass which would eliminate any need for calculations. Having to read the special board to calculate the cost of fare during peak and off-peak periods.

Having to tap-on and tap-off. If there wasn't enough value on the card, then you would have to refill it at the ticket machine to exit out.

Some people caught off-guard not doing the correct calculations. 

10 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

I remember my first visit to Washington DC back in 2019 and how it is based on distance for one-way fares. Unless purchasing the day pass or multi-day pass which would eliminate any need for calculations. Having to read the special board to calculate the cost of fare during peak and off-peak periods.

Having to tap-on and tap-off. If there wasn't enough value on the card, then you would have to refill it at the ticket machine to exit out.

Some people caught off-guard not doing the correct calculations. 

To add to this, weekend fares are $2.00 regardless of distanced traveled. This went into effect last September.

19 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

WMATA has announced that the Silver Line Phase 2 extension will be operational ready by Thanksgiving. However, they would need more trains to run the extension since the 7000 series are out of service.

https://www.wmata.com/about/news/Silver-Line-operationally-ready-to-open.cfm

It's always something with this subway system...