WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here are pics of the accident today from killmoenews.plz on Instagram and the aftermath of 2813 at Bladensburg division taken by Anthony McRoy on Facebook. Hoping those injured passengers do recover. It was such a nasty accident today ?.

I actually saw the accident while I was on the shuttle (6493) going to Greenbelt. Literally cannot go through that portion of Riggs Road and everyone was being redirected through Fort Totten.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUmyuEBvS7/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUmyuEBvS7/?utm_medium=copy_link

8B90AADB-8CAA-4A21-955B-28C738723A02.jpeg

B67A8FDB-D108-4C59-83B3-864323F8C76E.jpeg

259E3E2C-4B54-4708-A733-A0380CAA82C9.jpeg

Yeah, that bus is as good as scrapped. I saw a FFC 2010 LFA hybrid yesterday deadheading on I-66 eastward, but could not get the number as I was driving westward on I-495 towards Tyson's Corner.

7 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

3004, 3007, and at least 15 Orion VII CNG 40 FTs are up for auction. Plus it seems 3006 and 3009 are now dead. https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=529&acctid=20077

Also Andrews has 8024-8044. Idk if they got 8023 yet though

Damn, end of an era. RIP Orion VII OG CNGs 2005-2021. ?

WMATA is really cleaning house with all these 2000s era buses. Soon, the oldest buses will be from 2009.

The new DASH Bus 2021 Proterra ZX5 electric buses are now in service. Bus #804 was in service on the AT5 at the King Street Metro station yesterday afternoon.

Guess now is the time to get your last rides on the remaining Orion Vs at DASH before they retire for good...

Also saw a Proterra shell being transported by trailer truck headed somewhere on I-495 in Annandale.

8 hours ago, Chris.A said:

The new DASH Bus 2021 Proterra ZX5 electric buses are now in service. Bus #804 was in service on the AT5 at the King Street Metro station yesterday afternoon.

Guess now is the time to get your last rides on the remaining Orion Vs at DASH before they retire for good...

Also saw a Proterra shell being transported by trailer truck headed somewhere on I-495 in Annandale.

any words on 805 and 806?

Seems Western got a few more D40LFRs. 6109, 6115, 6130, and 6132 were all spotted on Western routes this week but I believe they just loans but again, 6115 was on the E4 yesterday and its on the 31 right now.

3 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

any words on 805 and 806?

Seems Western got a few more D40LFRs. 6109, 6115, 6130, and 6132 were all spotted on Western routes this week but I believe they just loans but again, 6115 was on the E4 yesterday and its on the 31 right now.

Probably will enter service shortly. The D40LFRs seem to be running everywhere except in VA (not counting the FFC ones).

6 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Probably will enter service shortly. The D40LFRs seem to be running everywhere except in VA (not counting the FFC ones).

6190 is back with Landover as well. Broken tracker but was spotted on the T18 earlier. I won't edit the Western D40LFRs until they're confirmed

On 7/20/2021 at 8:01 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

6190 is back with Landover as well. Broken tracker but was spotted on the T18 earlier. I won't edit the Western D40LFRs until they're confirmed

What's the highest XD40 in service now? Has XD60s #5540 and #5541 entered service yet?

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

all are in service I believe. Just hard to track because their trackers won't work half the time.

Saw 2009 DE42LFA hybrid #6322 broken down on the side of I-395 north towards Pentagon near the mixing bowl in Springfield. Haven't seen that in a while, but those lower #6300's on their last legs from Cinder Bed depot.

9 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Saw 2009 DE42LFA hybrid #6322 broken down on the side of I-395 north towards Pentagon near the mixing bowl in Springfield. Haven't seen that in a while, but those lower #6300's on their last legs from Cinder Bed depot.

They are usually broken down on 236!   Those buses smoke too much now.  

13 hours ago, Chris.A said:

4 hours ago, Rob S said:

They are usually broken down on 236!   Those buses smoke too much now.  

and the ones that Shep got back has heavy smoke still coming behind them.

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

and the ones that Shep got back has heavy smoke still coming behind them.

I don't think WMATA cares that much anymore as they probably are only going to keep them for 2-3 more years, then scrap most of them. Probably why they gave FFC some 2010 units instead of 2009 ones.

The LFA series buses will probably be gone before 2025.

18 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I have a feeling that once WMATA takes over Cinder Bed they will be part of the reserve fleet.

Probably, as the D40LFRs probably won't be sticking around for to much longer.

Question is, what will West Ox and Cinder Bed get in terms of bus fleets late this year and early next?

16 hours ago, Chris.A said:

I don't think WMATA cares that much anymore as they probably are only going to keep them for 2-3 more years, then scrap most of them. Probably why they gave FFC some 2010 units instead of 2009 ones.

The LFA series buses will probably be gone before 2025.

7 hours ago, Rob S said:

I have a feeling that once WMATA takes over Cinder Bed they will be part of the reserve fleet.

Those LFAs can stay around for like a few more years. Cinder Bed ones might be replaced in 2022-2023 due to the damage they already suffered.

8 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Probably, as the D40LFRs probably won't be sticking around for to much longer.

Question is, what will West Ox and Cinder Bed get in terms of bus fleets late this year and early next?

8 hours ago, Rob S said:

Possibly some 2015 XDE-40s and maybe some 8000s.

Only time will tell. We are gonna get a huge swap this September but I don't know whats being moved or whats going where yet.

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

None of the upcoming #4600-4799 is going to VA? I know the #4450-4599 batch are likely going to stay in D.C./MD.

It could be a possibility the 4600s and 4700s can go to Virginia. If anything the 4600s will go to Cinder Bed first probably.

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Those LFAs can stay around for like a few more years. Cinder Bed ones might be replaced in 2022-2023 due to the damage they already suffered.

Only time will tell. We are gonna get a huge swap this September but I don't know whats being moved or whats going where yet.

It could be a possibility the 4600s and 4700s can go to Virginia. If anything the 4600s will go to Cinder Bed first probably.

idk why, but somehow, it feels like we have a bus shortage on our hands. Maybe because the 2005/2006 DE40LFs and DE40LFRs pulled an Orion VI and retired suddenly? 

As for Metrorail news, any updates as to what the 8000s series cars will have in terms of advancements over the 7000s series? And what about those dare 6000 series cars, they been gone for nearly a year?

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

idk why, but somehow, it feels like we have a bus shortage on our hands. Maybe because the 2005/2006 DE40LFs and DE40LFRs pulled an Orion VI and retired suddenly? 

As for Metrorail news, any updates as to what the 8000s series cars will have in terms of advancements over the 7000s series? And what about those dare 6000 series cars, they been gone for nearly a year?

We really don't have a shortage because the 2021 XD40s are entering service and there are D40LFR reserves everywhere. As for Metrorail, I don't got an exact timeline on the 6000s rn but most are at Brentwood, Shady Grove, and Greenbelt rn. 8000s not sure yet tho.

6 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

We really don't have a shortage because the 2021 XD40s are entering service and there are D40LFR reserves everywhere. As for Metrorail, I don't got an exact timeline on the 6000s rn but most are at Brentwood, Shady Grove, and Greenbelt rn. 8000s not sure yet tho.

I know, it just feels as though we do for some reason.

• Like 1