WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Four Mile Run has started taken delivery of the 2020 New Flyer XN40 CNGs.  Saw units #3317, #3322, #3323, #3324, and a few others parked at the depot with ads on them already. There were being prepped for service. Seems that #3315 was the last bus for Bladensburg depot. Additionally as expected, many of the remaining 2600's 2006 Orion VII OG CNGs are being retired now as a bunch were parked on the left side of the depot, being de-decaled. This is officially the end of the line for the Orion 7 CNGs at Metro, so if anyone is still trying to catch the last ones at this point, they have a most one more week to do so...

Also DASH's new XE40s are now active. Saw #803 on the AT8 a few days ago.

The XN40s will most likely enter service tomorrow since new buses usually enters service on Mondays. Looks like this is the official end of the Orion VIIs.

38 minutes ago, vvozz said:

2822 and 2824 appear to back at Bladensburg from Four Mile 

They're back at Blade? They aren't tracking though.

Also its confirmed that Four Mile Run Orion VIIs are officially retired as its confirmed via Facebook. Currently they're in the back of the yard spraypainted. Those buses have not operated since March due to the 16Y being suspended.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Four Mile Run is confirmed to get 2020 XN40s 3316-3349. Unsure if 3315 will go to Bladensburg or FMR. They will most likely enter service next week not sure if it'd be Monday though. 

Any word on the 2020 XD60s? Also, did any 2006 D40LFRs leave 4 Mile?

1 minute ago, Chris.A said:

Any word on the 2020 XD60s? Also, did any 2006 D40LFRs leave 4 Mile?

Not much is known about the D40LFRs there. Haven't seen any run for a few months. I see them going to Western or Shepherd Parkway imo. 2020 XD60s are not in service yet don't know when they'll enter service.

3 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Not much is known about the D40LFRs there. Haven't seen any run for a few months. I see them going to Western or Shepherd Parkway imo. 2020 XD60s are not in service yet don't know when they'll enter service.

Well, if they are anything like the last 3 Artic orders, my guess is December...

6 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Also, I'm guessing the last of the Orion VII OG CNGs will be scrapped by January 2021.

17 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Well, if they are anything like the last 3 Artic orders, my guess is December...

Also, I'm guessing the last of the Orion VII OG CNGs will be scrapped by January 2021.

Yeah December most likely they’ll enter service and all Orion VIIs will be retired by 2021

PGCT TheBus now operates on Saturdays every 30-45 between 6 am and 6 pm! Great news for TheBus since they really need Saturday service for some routes and after all these years, we FINALLY get some sort of weekend service for TheBus.

93BE0105-36F2-457B-8314-C6F23598C948.png

On 11/13/2020 at 6:58 PM, Rob S said:

I saw 2727 today too.  DASH’s 803 was tracking this afternoon.  

2723 and 2727 are confirmed still active. Not sure about 2658 or 2724 as they haven't been tracked lately but most likely won't enter service again.

3319 has entered service on route 3A. NOVA is finally getting their new XN40s into service today although 3323 was on the 28A last month.

3338 also entered on the 23A

10 hours ago, Rob S said:

That’s interesting.  3086 is showing up too.  Are the going to keep the S80 around?

Not sure about the S80 yet. We'll probably see by this round of changes soon. Not sure if the TAGs Orion VIIs are being repainted back into the local scheme as we know WMATA is trying to keep all buses in one livery (the local scheme) instead of having multiple schemes for maintenance reasoning. Maybe thats why SP sent 3059-3061 down there.