West Vancouver GM Fishbowls

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Way back in 1972, West Vancouver was to take delivery of 3 GM T6H-5308N's that were to be delivered as #'s 82-84. However, #84 was wrecked during delivery. It was sent back to GM to be rebuilt and was then re-sold to Guelph Transit as their #84. As for it being #84 in their fleet, that is fluke. The thing I found interesting is that West Vancouver's 1972 GM T6H-5308N's were delivered with the fuel tanks mounted just behind the front axle. Here is an image of #82:

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/British...t6h5308n/82.jpg .

Apparently when #84 was rebuilt for the Guelph Transit Commission, it was rebuilt with the rear mounted fuel tank between the rear door and the rear axle. With that, I just realized that the rear door would have been added in during the rebuild of #84 as well as West Vancouver's Fishbowls were all delivered with no rear doors except for the 1974 GM T6H-5308N's. Here's an image of Guelph #84 from Dave Colton's fotopic website:

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yl2h1t&a...1&nostamp=1 .

Also to add, GM did build another GM T6H-5308N in 1973 as #84 along with West Vancouver's other two units that were delivered in 1973 as #'s 85 and 86.

Would there happen to be a pic of 84 in the WVMT livery somewhere?. Now the interior is a blur to me but i do recall riding a New Look back in 1996, 1997 with a light blue interior. I dont remember the number at all.
Now that would definately be a long shot to find an image of 84 in West Van colors. I too would be interested in seeing it. As for the interiors of those units, They were were pretty much the same as this interior taken of preserved West Vancouver 1961 GMC model TDH-4517 #61:

230209-4663wv61.jpg

Now that would definately be a long shot to find an image of 84 in West Van colors. I too would be interested in seeing it. As for the interiors of those units, They were were pretty much the same as this interior taken of preserved West Vancouver 1961 GMC model TDH-4517 #61:

84 didnt have blue seats at all when it was resold. They were red and black