BCT-3122-D800-10240

General BC Transit Discussion

all the 2000 ex whistlers were repainted; 9090 was one of three briefly assigned to VTC, hence the renumbering. this one has been used in a lot of systems, no doubt relieving units being bebuilt. Could very well be its turn for overhaul--Wilson's is making a killing keeping these lemons alive

On 11/19/2013 at 1:03 AM, airwolf said:

So I was driving a Greyhound trip on schedule 5042 from Vancouver to Cache Creek yesterday. Not an unusual situation to be sure. However I was surprised when I crossed the bridge and entered Spence's Bridge during a single lane alternating construction project and found a low bed semi hauling a 35 foot Dennis Dart waiting for his/her turn to cross the bridge. I'm guessing she was Victoria bound. It looks like she had been parked for quite some time. The windshield was SO caked in dust and dirt. Unit number was 9090.

I'm assuming that was refurbished and sent back to Fort St. John as a contingency bus, as it has been now currently operating in Dawson Creek while waiting for our Vicinity 3015 to return to service, which could be months as it was involved in a MVA

17 hours ago, dcspeedskater said:

I'm assuming that was refurbished and sent back to Fort St. John as a contingency bus, as it has been now currently operating in Dawson Creek while waiting for our Vicinity 3015 to return to service, which could be months as it was involved in a MVA

Just to let you know, that post is almost 3 years old, but yes according to the fleet page on the Wiki 9090 did return to service and bounced around to a few properties as a Contingency unit. Based on your info, I updated the Wiki to reflect 9090's new (probably temporary) home in Dawson Creek.

The darts are and always will be junk.  Can't wait for the day that someone posts a picture of ALL of them in a heap at the scrap yard.  Same can also be said for the Yaxings. 

On 8/31/2016 at 4:07 PM, Articulated said:

Just to let you know, that post is almost 3 years old, but yes according to the fleet page on the Wiki 9090 did return to service and bounced around to a few properties as a Contingency unit. Based on your info, I updated the Wiki to reflect 9090's new (probably temporary) home in Dawson Creek.

Just seen the update, it's a great bus to have as a spare bus while Yaxing Vicinity 3015 undergoes major repairs as a result of an MVA

Was browsing around the BC Transit website, and noticed they now have a page up for a future Tofino-Ucluelet system.

After a feasibility study was done last year, three open houses were held in Tofino and Ucluelet earlier this month. While I can't find BC Transit's information online at the moment, a local news article indicates they are looking at 3 trips per direction between Tofino and Ucluelet (one morning, one midday, one evening).

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 2:50 PM, Articulated said:

Was browsing around the BC Transit website, and noticed they now have a page up for a future Tofino-Ucluelet system.

After a feasibility study was done last year, three open houses were held in Tofino and Ucluelet earlier this month. While I can't find BC Transit's information online at the moment, a local news article indicates they are looking at 3 trips per direction between Tofino and Ucluelet (one morning, one midday, one evening).

Update on Tofino-Ucluelet's potential new system...

Building on the Transit Feasibility Study that was completed by BC Transit and the ACRD last year, a number of rounds of public engagement were conducted in Spring 2019 to determine whether there was sufficient public support for a transit system and the required tax increase.

Alongside it, an addendum to the TFS more recently released shows the proposed service plans. It looks like they are looking at a 2 bus network during the summer with 70 minute frequency (60 minute trip time + 10 minute recovery) operating 7 days a week. The winter season would operate with only 1 bus, generating about 6 round trips per day. Another option being looked at is extending some trips to the Hitacu First Nations community; this diversion would add approximately 30 minutes to the trip time.

ACRD passed a by-law in September 2019 to establish a transit service area for the purposes of collecting revenue to fund the system. The by-law was passed under an Alternative Approvals Process; last Friday (November 29th) was the deadline to submit opposition to the by-law, so it's too early to tell if the by-law will be successful.

More details on the proposed service, and the reports, presentation and studies are available on the ACRD's website.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Found this Arboc for sale and it was pretty obvious that it used to be a BC Transit unit. 

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/hvd/d/langley-city-2013-chevrolet-4500-medium/7028765505.html

I was wondering if anyone could identify it. 

Definitely an ex-BC Transit unit based on the remaining stickers and specifications. However, without a VIN or any clear pictures of where the fleet numbers used to be, it would be impossible to figure out its former fleet number.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:45 PM, Thomasw said:

Found this Arboc for sale and it was pretty obvious that it used to be a BC Transit unit. 

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/hvd/d/langley-city-2013-chevrolet-4500-medium/7028765505.html

It has seatbelts so it was likely a HandyDart unit. IIRC no transit shuttles had seatbelts. The "Biodiesel" logo was usually only on the Polar shuttles, no idea why it was placed on this one. Appears to have had an LED sign so likely from a small community. 

On 12/3/2019 at 5:45 PM, Thomasw said:

Either 240X or 242X. It’s all I can see from the photos. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, translink said:

Either 240X or 242X. It’s all I can see from the photos. 

Possibly 2416. It was an old HandyDART unit, then was used for conventional transit but the seatbelts were left attached. The only HandyDART units with LED signs were the 2300s (23-footers).