Greyhound in the news

With a wage reduction I’m sure greyhound will start working their drivers more and more then they already do, simply because these operators were used to a certain amount a month vs the reduction. Hopefully their union has made it clear in writing that it’s a temporary measure ( 2 years at 10% reduction ) and won’t allow First to push the low wages 

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This!! When I was ops manager at a charter bus company, I got so tired of the following vicious cycle: Maintenance would not make timely repairs to write ups. Drivers, knowing the

Most of the the added service is on London-Toronto (Table 740) and Kitchener Toronto (Table 743). Buffalo-Toronto has one trip to Pearson, on one of the local runs. It adds between 10-15 minutes of tr

Let's keep the comments cool in this thread please.

Posted Images

I'm not sure if Greyhound will be operating for the Thanksgiving weekend? At least not out of Ottawa. They only announced last week their leaving the Central Bus Terminal here in Ottawa and have yet to announce their new pick up/drop off location? I hope its a some LRT Station Airport or Train Station where you can wait inside instead on the street? Ottawa can be FRIGIN COLD in the winter!!!

It's going to be interesting to see what they do in Montreal? From my understanding Greyhound Canada does Ottawa/Montreal & Greyhound USA I think in a pool wiyth another provider(Trailways I think but not sure)or something like that going Montreal/New York/Boston?

20 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

I'm not sure if Greyhound will be operating for the Thanksgiving weekend? At least not out of Ottawa. They only announced last week their leaving the Central Bus Terminal here in Ottawa and have yet to announce their new pick up/drop off location? I hope its a some LRT Station Airport or Train Station where you can wait inside instead on the street? Ottawa can be FRIGIN COLD in the winter!!!

It's going to be interesting to see what they do in Montreal? From my understanding Greyhound Canada does Ottawa/Montreal & Greyhound USA I think in a pool wiyth another provider(Trailways I think but not sure)or something like that going Montreal/New York/Boston?

Greyhound Lines Inc. (USA), runs from Montreal to Boston via Burlington, Vt.; and they run a pooled schedule to New York with Adirondack Trailways.   That is whenever international travel resumes...

3 hours ago, traildriver said:

Greyhound Lines Inc. (USA), runs from Montreal to Boston via Burlington, Vt.; and they run a pooled schedule to New York with Adirondack Trailways.   That is whenever international travel resumes...

But will they leave the Central Bus terminal in Montreal? They left the one in OTTAWA, they left the Toronto Bus Terminal? and several other terminals? Will they leave the Central Bus Terminal in Montreal for another location? Perhaps  Dorval Airport? 

3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

But will they leave the Central Bus terminal in Montreal? They left the one in OTTAWA, they left the Toronto Bus Terminal? and several other terminals? Will they leave the Central Bus Terminal in Montreal for another location? Perhaps  Dorval Airport? 

Considering both Adirondack Trailways and Greyhound Lines are Tenants, and Greyhound Canada has an agreement with both carriers for those travelling from Ottawa going to Boston and NYC, I doubt that Greyhound Canada will move. I believe they have an agreement with Keolis for Quebec City (formally with Orleans). So ya, I don't see Greyhound Canada moving out of the Bus Terminal in Montreal.

10 minutes ago, Megabus Rider said:

Considering both Adirondack Trailways and Greyhound Lines are Tenants, and Greyhound Canada has an agreement with both carriers for those travelling from Ottawa going to Boston and NYC, I doubt that Greyhound Canada will move. I believe they have an agreement with Keolis for Quebec City (formally with Orleans). So ya, I don't see Greyhound Canada moving out of the Bus Terminal in Montreal.

They were instructed by Dallas to cut costs as much as possible before reinstating service. From what I hear, Montreal bus terminal is on the chopping block, the yearly cost to operate from there is very expensive. They're considering a road side pick up/drop off just like Megabus.

Their eye's are on the Toronto coach terminal also. If im not mistaken, their lease payments to the TTC costs $2 Million a year and in turn, Coach Canada and Ontario Northland is leasing some of the platforms from Greyhound.

It seems like Dallas is doing the same around the US. Buffalo Station is no longer a board point, all the employees were laid off, and Buffalo will now be treated as a flag stop. Utilizing only 2 platforms from the NFTA.

4 minutes ago, INowKnowwhY said:

It seems like Dallas is doing the same around the US. Buffalo Station is no longer a board point, all the employees were laid off, and Buffalo will now be treated as a flag stop. Utilizing only 2 platforms from the NFTA.

As soon as international travel resumes, I can't see them operating thru Toronto to New York City service, with just a "flag stop" at Buffalo, since they have to change driver's there...

Just now, traildriver said:

As soon as international travel resumes, I can't see them operating thru Toronto to New York City service, with just a "flag stop" at Buffalo, since they have to change driver's there...

I agree, unless a Canadian driver runs it through to Syracuse.... but then Greyhound Canada drivers would have to log their hours electronically, which they currently don't.

1 minute ago, INowKnowwhY said:

I agree, unless a Canadian driver runs it through to Syracuse.... but then Greyhound Canada drivers would have to log their hours electronically, which they currently don't.

That won't happen, different carrier's.   And...unless the Canadian driver has dual citizenship, or special work permits, he can't carry passenger's that are not crossing the border.