A. Wong

Greyhound in the news

23 hours ago, traildriver said:

Currently,  3 of the 4 daily trips on the heavy Atlanta-Dallas route stop in Monroe....I can't see why they would not stop there, other than a threat in order to get a 'sweetheart deal',

on their use of the municipal terminal there....

Recently Greyhound has been muscling their way into these municipal terminals and I think you nailed it... threaten to leave to get a better deal...  

They got it too, 4-1:

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/local/2018/10/09/greyhound-terminal-relocate-downtown-monroe/1584192002/

9 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Need to get from Cleveland to New York City? Probably not on this bus:

https://www.cleveland19.com/2018/10/25/greyhound-bus-driver-gets-lost-cleveland-hours-his-way-new-york/

Amazing...

But what bother's me, if I heard it correctly, the driver started the run in Toledo?   Or was it just some passenger's?

No way could he legally drive from Toledo to New York within 10 hours.   Even if he started in Cleveland, all those hours driving around and returning to Cleveland, would have put him over hours driving to New York.   It's one of the longest runs to begin with.... 

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Why didnt he call the depot and ask for directions? Dont they provide a map to drivers?

Or perhaps they have GPS units. At least, that's what tour bus drivers frequently use, even though I can't tell whether it's provided by the company or is their personal device. Better still, have the GPS built into the dash (though it might become somewhat of a distraction, like a Tesla.)

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

Or perhaps they have GPS units. At least, that's what tour bus drivers frequently use, even though I can't tell whether it's provided by the company or is their personal device. Better still, have the GPS built into the dash (though it might become somewhat of a distraction, like a Tesla.)

Usually you bring your own GPS. Greyhound relies on paper turn by turn directions, no maps...

Back to Richmond, VA we go where 4 buses were driverless and some passengers were there as long as 17 hours... the news crew was tossed off the property very quickly evidently... Greyhound is using the “back to school and end of summer passenger increase” line... a little late for that now... the crowds died down a while ago...