Greyhound in the news

A. Wong

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, INowKnowwhY said:

Didn't hear about Peter Pan, but I did hear about Trailways suing for $17 Million but they're still keeping the ticket pool agreement. Here's the article:

http://atulocal1415.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/greyhound_hit_with_17m_suit_over_route_sharing_deal_law_360_01_01.pdf

4 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Never heard about that one, I am guessing its about the same issue?

I mean the one in the ATU Local 1415 link.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, AmanKh said:

Not really 'in the news': Greyhound starts serving Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson this Sunday as stated on Facebook and their website.

Capture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Most of the the added service is on London-Toronto (Table 740) and Kitchener Toronto (Table 743). Buffalo-Toronto has one trip to Pearson, on one of the local runs. It adds between 10-15 minutes of travel time depending on the exact schedule. 

I guess this means Greyhound will have to manage a subfleet with GTAA plates?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AmanKh said:

Not really 'in the news': Greyhound starts serving Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson this Sunday as stated on Facebook and their website.

Capture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Smart move in Greyhound's part if they can price it right and the times , going after the shared van service shuttle clients.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IRT_BMT_IND said:

I guess this means Greyhound will have to manage a subfleet with GTAA plates?

I would guess not. If you look at Miway, GO, TTC, Brampton Transit, none operate a specified fleet to serve Pearson (except 192). Aren't GTAA plates specifically for vehicles that enter the airfield/apron area?

5 hours ago, AmanKh said:

I would guess not. If you look at Miway, GO, TTC, Brampton Transit, none operate a specified fleet to serve Pearson (except 192). Aren't GTAA plates specifically for vehicles that enter the airfield/apron area?

He means the plates that the cabs, limos and airport shuttles have that let them pick up from the airport.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 10:31 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/greyhound-bus-ticket-battle-petawawa-manitoba-1.4042513

Out of the way: Westbound Greyhound passenger perplexed by 8-hour detour to Ottawa

Just saw this post (haven't been to this forum for a while), and can totally sympathize with that passenger...

I have seen so many crazy, convoluted routes emanating from the  Greyhound res system that just make you shake your head in wonder...

It seems that whoever programs their system is only interested in making a sale, no matter how ridiculous the routing is.  If there is a short easy way to go from A to B, but does not involve Greyhound or its affiliates that Greyhound can sell, the system will not mention that, but will instead seek out a roundabout way it can sell you a ticket there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2016-04-15 at 7:35 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Now know that Peter Pan has a lawsuit against Greyhound for commissions not paid to the carrier for them selling and accepting Greyhound tickets. Also how Greyhound wanted Peter Pan to use its own ticketing system when Greyhound knew it could not track Peter Pan sales on it to properly paid them the correct commissions.   

Oh so that's why the trailway buses aren't coming into Toronto anymore 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2016 at 2:01 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Has anyone else heard that Peter Pan and Greyhound are not on good terms right now? I have been hearing from different sources in the States that Greyhound owes Peter Pan money and that Peter Pan is looking at pulling out of the partnership with Greyhound. Also heard from one those sources that New York Trailways wants to pull out of its partnership with Greyhound.

Well this should come at no surprise. 

Peterpan ends long time agreement with Greyhound

https://peterpanbus.com/peter-pan-bus-lines-important-announcement/

• Like 1

Greyhound bus route on B.C.'s Highway of Tears one of five that could be axed

VANCOUVER — Greyhound Canada has applied to regulators in British Columbia to drop five routes, four of them in northern B.C., as the company deals with plunging ridership.

Greyhound calls the decision “regrettably unavoidable” but said there has been a 51 per cent drop in riders since 2010, along with higher costs and increased competition from publicly subsidized services.

Routes that would be eliminated include a 718-kilometre run along Highway 16, the so-called Highway of Tears, between Prince George and Prince Rupert.

After dozens of murders and disappearances of women along that highway, the province, local governments and BC Transit launched a subsidized route in June connecting Burns Lake, Prince George and Smithers, mirroring portions of the Greyhound route.

The company has also applied to drop its routes from Prince George to Valemount, Prince George to Dawson Creek, Dawson Creek to Whitehorse and Victoria to Nanaimo.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/greyhound-bus-route-on-b-c-s-highway-of-tears-one-of-five-that-could-be-axed

3 hours ago, C2045 said:

Greyhound bus route on B.C.'s Highway of Tears one of five that could be axed

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/greyhound-bus-route-on-b-c-s-highway-of-tears-one-of-five-that-could-be-axed

Ive been following the BC Ptb for over 15 years and not once has one company ever been able to totally abandon a service without someone else taking it over. By default if your a carrier on a route then you are that until you shut down or pawn it off to someone else...!  Greyhound should get their approval on Vancouver Island without an issue as Tofino bus will def take it over as they already compete with GReyhound on that corridor..!  Hwy 16 is another story....Their is demand for an intercity bus company maybe not on a daily basis, but 3-4 days a week is quite sufficent!