Greyhound in the news

A. Wong

Has anyone else heard that Peter Pan and Greyhound are not on good terms right now? I have been hearing from different sources in the States that Greyhound owes Peter Pan money and that Peter Pan is looking at pulling out of the partnership with Greyhound. Also heard from one those sources that New York Trailways wants to pull out of its partnership with Greyhound.

On 4/13/2016 at 2:01 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Has anyone else heard that Peter Pan and Greyhound are not on good terms right now? I have been hearing from different sources in the States that Greyhound owes Peter Pan money and that Peter Pan is looking at pulling out of the partnership with Greyhound. Also heard from one those sources that New York Trailways wants to pull out of its partnership with Greyhound.

Now know that Peter Pan has a lawsuit against Greyhound for commissions not paid to the carrier for them selling and accepting Greyhound tickets. Also how Greyhound wanted Peter Pan to use its own ticketing system when Greyhound knew it could not track Peter Pan sales on it to properly paid them the correct commissions.   

On 15/04/2016 at 7:35 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Now know that Peter Pan has a lawsuit against Greyhound for commissions not paid to the carrier for them selling and accepting Greyhound tickets. Also how Greyhound wanted Peter Pan to use its own ticketing system when Greyhound knew it could not track Peter Pan sales on it to properly paid them the correct commissions.   

Didn't hear about Peter Pan, but I did hear about Trailways suing for $17 Million but they're still keeping the ticket pool agreement. Here's the article:

http://atulocal1415.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/greyhound_hit_with_17m_suit_over_route_sharing_deal_law_360_01_01.pdf

5 hours ago, INowKnowwhY said:

Didn't hear about Peter Pan, but I did hear about Trailways suing for $17 Million but they're still keeping the ticket pool agreement. Here's the article:

http://atulocal1415.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/greyhound_hit_with_17m_suit_over_route_sharing_deal_law_360_01_01.pdf

http://www.universalhub.com/2015/big-bus-battle-brewing-peter-pan-sues-greyhound

• 3 weeks later...

Greyhound Canada has suspended all service to Fort McMurray until further notice, Due to the Wildfires affecting that city...And it could be that way for quite some time...at least a month maybe more, due to the fire devestation in that city!

• 2 weeks later...

EDMONTON TERMINAL/GCX RELOCATION!!!!

Effective Sunday May 22 All GCX courier/Express opertaions will be moving to 12521- 123 St,Edmonton(at the Greyhound maintenance garage).

And Effective Sunday May 29 All Passenger/Customer service operations will move to 12360 121 st NW (Via Rail Station)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty Strong Rumors are about  that Greyhound is possibly re starting a run they cut back in Oct.2011  from Edmonton-Slave Lake-High Prairie to Peace River and possibly further...nothings confirmed yet!! But apparently it reached a Level 2 approval in Dallas..! Not sure what that means exactly but who knows we'll soon find out I guess!!!

• 3 weeks later...

BIG NEWS...Greyhound is looking at relocating the Kamloops terminal in the spring. Since this is a pretty major hub for Greyhound they dump the sani,wash,store coaches plus have trucks running out of their for GCX as well as 26  schedules each day,plus its a major transfer point also and a restaurant for scheduled breaks...Its gonna be kinda interesting to see where they possibly end up moving too! Is their even a spot in Kamloops that would even be suited for them?? I wonder if this is going to be a trend, Edmonton depot was moved as was Sudbury,Campbell River and Victoria. I wonder whats next!

6 hours ago, roeco said:

BIG NEWS...Greyhound is looking at relocating the Kamloops terminal in the spring. Since this is a pretty major hub for Greyhound they dump the sani,wash,store coaches plus have trucks running out of their for GCX as well as 26  schedules each day,plus its a major transfer point also and a restaurant for scheduled breaks...Its gonna be kinda interesting to see where they possibly end up moving too! Is their even a spot in Kamloops that would even be suited for them?? I wonder if this is going to be a trend, Edmonton depot was moved as was Sudbury,Campbell River and Victoria. I wonder whats next!

There's been talks of relocating Greyhound in Toronto. However I'll believe it when the shovels are in the ground.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:21 AM, Oc4526 said:

There's been talks of relocating Greyhound in Toronto. However I'll believe it when the shovels are in the ground.

I did read something about Greyhound possibly moving to the New Go Terminal?? Not sure how much truth their is in that!  However I do see a trend here...Edmonton, Sudbury have relocated their terminals, Kamloops is  next year and the Calgary Terminal is expected to relocate in the next few years also. I guess their are many terminals that just don't fit in with the new company...some were built when they were handling double the amount of schedules that they handle now...so Yes some terminals sure do need to be moved and downsized...Why pay for a big space when u don't use it all???

3 hours ago, roeco said:

However I do see a trend here...Edmonton, Sudbury have relocated their terminals, 

Sudbury's Greyhound station has been in the same Notre Dame Street location for 25 years.  I have heard of no plans for it to move.  Ontario Northland moved out a few years back into a separate building.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:32 AM, Michel said:

Sudbury's Greyhound station has been in the same Notre Dame Street location for 25 years.  I have heard of no plans for it to move.  Ontario Northland moved out a few years back into a separate building.

Actually Greyhound MOVED its Sudbury location from its long time location on Notre Dame Ave to to Ontario Northland's Terminal on the Kingsway back the end of June.

And I would expect you will see a lot more terminals relocating in the near future.

7 hours ago, roeco said:

Actually Greyhound MOVED its Sudbury location from its long time location on Notre Dame Ave to to Ontario Northland's Terminal on the Kingsway back the end of June.

And I would expect you will see a lot more terminals relocating in the near future.

Wow I didn't know that.  And I now stand corrected!  Well overdue move for sure.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, mike from edmonton said:

Hope they do much better than Edmonton's new VIA/Greyhound station. 

Shoot for a Regina style!!!!

Yeah Im not sure how their gonna do with finding a facility like they have now sure they don't need something maybe quite as large in terms of a footprint,But  They def need wash bays and onsite coach parking,plus a place to dump the sani, and I would think space enough to load and unload at least 3-4 coaches at once as Kamloops gets much busier on Holidays with through passengers,a fairly decent size passenger waiting area obviously much bigger than Edmonton as Kamloops is a busier station than Edmonton for more than one route and a lot more coaches lay over in Kamloops also as a mid point stop over, A restaurant nearby would help too as I don't think theirs one through coach that doesn't take a break their,also Kamloops is a driver base and base for Gcx trucks and courier freight.

• 2 months later...

13 Injured in Crash Involving 2 Buses, Semitrailer

More than a dozen people were injured in a crash near Hillsboro involving two buses and an 18-wheeler Tuesday night, according to authorities.

Texas Department of Public Safety officials said the three-vehicle crash happened on northbound Interstate 35E three miles south of Millford at about 10:30 p.m. Traffic was slowed for construction and a Megabus struck a semitrailer, which then struck an Americanos bus.The Megabus had 37 people on board, nine of whom were transported to hospitals with minor injuries. Of the 48 people on the Americanos bus, two passengers and the driver were transported to hospitals with minor injuries.The semitrailer driver was transported with minor injuries to an area hospital.The remaining passengers from the buses were taken to a travel center in Carl’s Corner aboard a Hillsboro Independent School District bus."Safety is our top priority and Megabus.com is fully cooperating with the authorities with their investigation into the incident," Megabus Director of Corporate Affairs Sean Hughes said.Both buses were traveling to the Dallas area.I-35E was shut down until 1 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/13-Injured-in-Crash-Involving-2-Buses-Semitrailer-407724195.html

Greyhound Lines MCI 102DL3 #60646 ex-Americanos was hit on the left rear corner by a box truck. Was operating a Los Angeles-San Francisco overnight schedule. 4 injured and apparently minor damage to the 102DL3.

Source: http://abc30.com/news/n-b-i-5-closed-at-highway-41-due-to-greyhound-bus-and-big-rig-crash/1677667/.

By the way, I thought the 102DL3 was banned in California due to Emissions Standards? This one is a 2000 VIN 1M8PDMRA4YP052922.

7 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

perhaps the 102dl3 wasn't registered in California.  

No, they're all registered in Texas. But California bans all commercial vehicles of those engine years unless they have been updated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...