Greyhound in the news

A. Wong

Im pretty sure its still also running Vancouver to Calgary!! Its only doing good ridership cause it overloaded All Summer last year pretty much all the time, A 3rd TCH schedule makes sense during the summer!!

It would be good if they could do a Calgary- through to the U.S. and Winnipeg through to the US too. Those two would make sense!

Im pretty sure its still also running Vancouver to Calgary!! Its only doing good ridership cause it overloaded All Summer last year pretty much all the time, A 3rd TCH schedule makes sense during the summer!!

It would be good if they could do a Calgary- through to the U.S. and Winnipeg through to the US too. Those two would make sense!

I agree, I miss the connection to the US and could have used it last week. I spoke with the Jefferson Lines folks, and they have no interest in returning to Manitoba.

Yes, the TCH is very busy in summer. Currently suspended do to overland flooding in eastern Saskatchewan and western Manitoba, but should be back tonight.

• 5 months later...

"ONE DEAD AFTER GREYHOUND BUS, MULTIPLE VEHICLES, IN CRASHES ON I-40/I-85"

MEBANE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A series of chain-reaction accidents involving a Greyhound bus, a North Carolina Highway Patrol SUV, a fire department SUV, and multiple other vehicles left one dead and others hurt Wednesday morning.
The crashes began just after 10 a.m. along northbound Interstate 40/85 near the outlet mall close to Mebane.
Witnesses told ABC11 that the Mebane Fire Department was on the scene of a disabled vehicle when a vehicle hydroplaned into the back of the fire chief's Chevy Tahoe. A woman in the car, 33-year-old TIffany Jennings, was killed.
Then, as a NC Highway Patrol trooper sat in his SUV blocking traffic for the crash, he was hit from behind by the Greyhound bus.
The fire chief was treated and released. The trooper was taken to the hospital for treatment of broken bones. No firefighters or law enforcement officers were killed.
There were 41 passengers on the bus. EMS workers on the scene unloaded several injured people and put them into ambulances. They were taken to Duke University Hospital. There was no immediate word on patient conditions.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol said all the emergency vehicles had their flashing lights activated. It's not clear why the bus driver could not slow down or move over to avoid the trooper's SUV. The investigation was ongoing.
The bus driver was charged with reckless driving and failing to reduce speed to avoid a collision. He was not injured.
The string of crashes caused lengthy backups for drivers.

http://abc11.com/449379/

• 5 months later...

Greyhound Canada has applied to Eliminate 3 Routes. Schedule 5157 Calgary to Cranbrook. Schedule 5158 Cranbrook to Calgary...None of which are a surprise...So Sun City will now be the sole operator on Hwy 93. Also On Vancouver Island Greyhound has applied to eliminate All service between Nanaimo-Courtenay-Campbell River and Port Hardy. And not surprising But Tofino bus has also made an application to service everything Greyhound is eliminating... THe Nanaimo to Port Hardy schedule Greyhound currently has will pretty much stay the same...Also a second schedule Victoria lv at 245pm..arr Nanaimo 5pm leave at 5:20 pm arriving in Campbell River at 7:50pm. And Leaving Campbell RIver at 7:15 am Arriving in Nanaimo at 10:05am

Lv Nanaimo 10 30 am Arr Victoria at 12pm.Much better timing for the people in Campbell RIver-Courtenay and Parksville.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They put it back at Christmas as an Express schedule...Im sure u will see it come back in summer. It seems Calgary to Regina passenger loads are pretty heavy most days.

The Ontario leg at least has the second local trip restored alongside a separate Express-branded trip between Toronto and Sudbury.

Is their not one daily schedule from Sudbury to Toronto and Ottawa plus an additional Fri/Sun schedule Sudbury to Toronto

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my previous post... I was referring to the Christmas season, where IIRC all 3 trips operated daily for at least the last week of December (last time I checked the Greyhound website). As of now you're correct - the second local trip has been removed, and the express only operates Fri/Sun.

Service has resumed on TCH...with 1 lane opening on Nipigon bridge...but delays are expected.

Luckily for Greyhound the trips across the Nipigon River bridge are both in the morning, so traffic on Sunday wouldn't be affected. I think the trips today (Monday) turned back, but Tuesday's should be okay.

Btw, in Ontario we don't have a Highway 1. The bridge affected carries Highways 11 and 17, both of which are designated as part of the Trans Canada Highway (just different branches).