Jump to content
323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

Translink Refurbishments

Recommended Posts

On 5/12/2018 at 5:45 PM, ThomasW97 said:

7472 was sitting outside the paint shop freshly refurbished at bTC on thursday

Oh so it was 👀 (I was wondering why it looked so fresh last week)

Also, 2162 is fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Translink planning on refurbishing the rest of the D60LFs or will they retire them earlier than the other refurbished D60LFs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 9:25 PM, Thomasw said:

Is Translink planning on refurbishing the rest of the D60LFs or will they retire them earlier than the other refurbished D60LFs?

???

The D60LF's would have been refurbed 8-10 years ago. All of them have been rebuilt around that time.

At this point, they will all be retired pretty soon, as their replacements arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DD453T said:

???

The D60LF's would have been refurbed 8-10 years ago. All of them have been rebuilt around that time.

At this point, they will all be retired pretty soon, as their replacements arrive.

I understand that soon a hand full will retire but they will not all disappear in a year. They will slowly trickle out over the next 3 to 5 years until they are all retired from revenue service.

There are still a few that have not been touched for example:

R8008

R8010

P8012

R8018

P8050

B8080

P8093

Correct me if I am wrong, but these busses have not been rebuilt or refurbished other than a little body work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very surprised to see any D60LF's remain in service by this time next year; there are enough artics on order for this year to replace all the remaining ones and then some, and there is another order for expansion artics for next year.  At this point the D60LF's have been so heavily used and are so worn out that there is no point in trying to prolong their lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those might end up being retired sooner than others.  Not sure if it's the same, but the last time I drove 8010 at STC, it was the best I had driven.

On the note of buses not refurbished, there are a handful of Orion's that haven't been touched either and they will probably be the first to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

I understand that soon a hand full will retire but they will not all disappear in a year. They will slowly trickle out over the next 3 to 5 years until they are all retired from revenue service.

There are still a few that have not been touched for example:

R8008

R8010

P8012

R8018

P8050

B8080

P8093

Correct me if I am wrong, but these busses have not been rebuilt or refurbished other than a little body work

I'm pretty sure all of those buses have already been refurbished years ago. If you look through this thread, you'd probably find posts about those D60LF's undergoing refurbishment. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I understand that soon a hand full will retire but they will not all disappear in a year. They will slowly trickle out over the next 3 to 5 years until they are all retired from revenue service.

There are still a few that have not been touched for example:

R8008

R8010

P8012

R8018

P8050

B8080

P8093

Correct me if I am wrong, but these busses have not been rebuilt or refurbished other than a little body work

Does repainting it from the red B-Line livery to the yellow B-Line/Sweep livery not count as a refurb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

Does repainting it from the red B-Line livery to the yellow B-Line/Sweep livery not count as a refurb?

I believe so, but I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 12:31 AM, Brando737 said:

Those might end up being retired sooner than others.  Not sure if it's the same, but the last time I drove 8010 at STC, it was the best I had driven.

On the note of buses not refurbished, there are a handful of Orion's that haven't been touched either and they will probably be the first to go.

As a visitor to Vancouver, I was extremely impressed by the condition of the buses in Vancouver. I remember riding 8010 a few days ago and was also impressed by how it ran for it's age. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blake M said:

As a visitor to Vancouver, I was extremely impressed by the condition of the buses in Vancouver. I remember riding 8010 a few days ago and was also impressed by how it ran for it's age. 

Running a system with a bit of pride and dedication makes a world of difference in all aspects, from driver morale, user satisfaction and clean, happy buses !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×