• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 2102 said:

Oh oops haha guess it's been that long since I've seen it 

It was painted two different shades of green in the summer of 2018 to demo the RapidBus livery, then re-painted to the charcoal livery in October 2018, so it’s been that way for 3 and a half years, not 2 like I originally said. Why they didn’t just wrap it is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Transit Guy said:

It was painted two different shades of green in the summer of 2018 to demo the RapidBus livery, then re-painted to the charcoal livery in October 2018, so it’s been that way for 3 and a half years, not 2 like I originally said. Why they didn’t just wrap it is beyond me.

1, 12024 was a Demo Rapidbus scheme only meant to use for promotional material.

2, RTC doesn't operate any other rapidbus.

3 Just repainting it would be better.

58 minutes ago, 96 Blader Line said:

But wouldn’t a wrap be quicker and cheaper anyway? They knew the bus wasn’t going to stay 2 different shades of green, so why waste time and effort painting it twice instead of just using a temporary wrap?

On 6/25/2022 at 7:36 AM, 96 Blader Line said:

You almost got it. 12024 was painted in the two-tone green to demonstrate the different shades. Essentially to see which shades would look best. Then sample it to a small crowd. Think of it as... a really... REALLY big paint sample. 

15 minutes ago, translink said:

You almost got it. 12024 was painted in the two-tone green to demonstrate the different shades. Essentially to see which shades would look best. Then sample it to a small crowd. Think of it as... a really... REALLY big paint sample. 

And to add on, it wasn't used for any promotional material, only as an internal demonstration.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 8:36 AM, Transit Guy said:

But wouldn’t a wrap be quicker and cheaper anyway? They knew the bus wasn’t going to stay 2 different shades of green, so why waste time and effort painting it twice instead of just using a temporary wrap?

Cause a wrap will fade differently, as compared to paint. Different materials and different color's. Its like ripping decals off an old police car, or old fleet numbers off a bus. Its a totally different shade under the decals. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, translink said:

Cause a wrap will fade differently, as compared to paint. Different materials and different color's. Its like ripping decals off an old police car, or old fleet numbers off a bus. Its a totally different shade under the decals. 

It's why you see 9797-9799 still have the remains of their WVMT numbers. A few BTC Nova's still have an imprint of their NVTC prefix

• 4 months later...