Translink Refurbishments

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

On 12/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

I have a question about the C40LFR refurbishment. When they refurbish a C40LFR, are they recertifying the CNG fuel systems on them or are they waiting for the fifteen year date to do that? Not sure if someone else inquired or mentioned it here.

From what I recall, the CNG tanks on the C40LFRs have 20 year certification on them, so it's just an overhaul of the bus structure and the engine, not the tanks.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Here's another question that pertains to this thread. When are they gonna start refurbishing the D60LFRs?

The thing about that is 2007 was a big year for bus orders with the trolleys, the novas and the Orion Vs which means there are many more buses that need to be refurbed. I say they probably won’t be refurbed till 2022ish. Especially because there are still about half of the C40LFR and D40LFR that need refurbishing

1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

The thing about that is 2007 was a big year for bus orders with the trolleys, the novas and the Orion Vs which means there are many more buses that need to be refurbed. I say they probably won’t be refurbed till 2022ish. Especially because there are still about half of the C40LFR and D40LFR that need refurbishing

So 15 years without a refurb? May as well retire them at that point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, KINGSTER200 said:

Yes, they started retrofitting the 2014 XN40s about 3 weeks ago. Quite a few of the PCTC XN40s have them now.None of the other Xcelsiors (except the 2018, 2019 XDE60s, XE40s, and 2019 XN40s) have them yet.

I’ll just keep updating the list by editing this post. 
So far:

14013, 14014, 14020, 14028, 14037

The Xcelsiors haave LED headlights. Unlike the older buses with halogen light bulbs, LEDs cant be replaced once they burn out. The entire unit actually has to be replaced when LEDs burn out. Quite possible what happened was the older LED lights burned out, they were no longer available so they got replaced with the new style lights

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...