Everett Transit, WA

Erubisu

According to this VIN: 15GCB1215N1084457, B0100-B0102 had Cummins L10 engines, not 6V92TA. I would guess that it was paired with a Voith D863.3 transmission in this case.

The only Gilligs that ET has ever had with a 6v92 were 2462, 2463 with their jakes

All the 2401-2416(?) had Cummins L10 with ZF 4hp's. Later most were retrofitted with Allison B400's.

B0100-0102 had Cummins L10's with ZF 5hp590's.

The only Gilligs that ET has ever had with a 6v92 were 2462, 2463 with their jakes

All the 2401-2416(?) had Cummins L10 with ZF 4hp's. Later most were retrofitted with Allison B400's.

Ah okay. Thanks for those transmissions. The wiki originally said they had 6V92TAs and I didn't realize that the info was wrong until I looked closely at the VIN.

Brian,

What did ET's 1983 Orion I's (2465-2475) have? I know about the 6V92TA engine, but did they use the Allison HT747 transmissions?

~Ben

• 10 months later...

With the D60s shipped off to Metro (as spotted at Ryerson Base by some), I wonder if Everett Transit will ever look into buying another artic.

If I remember correctly, they were deployed mostly on route 7 for college loads, which could be easily replaced by a short Swift extension by Community Transit.

23 minutes ago, SounderBruce said:

With the D60s shipped off to Metro (as spotted at Ryerson Base by some), I wonder if Everett Transit will ever look into buying another artic.

If I remember correctly, they were deployed mostly on route 7 for college loads, which could be easily replaced by a short Swift extension by Community Transit.

I don't think that Everett Transit will buy more 60 ft buses. I think that Swift extension would be good idea for Everett to pay for since its in Everett.

• 3 months later...

"EVERETT — Everett Transit has been selected to receive a $3.4 million federal grant to purchase its first electric buses.

The grant, part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Low or No Emission Vehicle Program, is given to agencies to replace aging and polluting vehicles with new emissions-free battery-powered vehicles.

The award to Everett will allow the city to replace four of its oldest coaches with new extended-range buses from Proterra Inc. of Burlingame, California.

Right now Everett Transit operates 42 diesel-fueled buses, some as old as 22 years.

“It’s the beginning,” said Everett Transportation Services Director Tom Hingson. “You’ve got to start somewhere.”

The 40-foot-long Proterra buses have 40 seats, just like the buses they are replacing, and can run 150 miles on a full charge. They will likely be deployed on some of Everett’s busiest routes, Hingson said, such as Route 7 up and down Evergreen Way.

Source: http://www.heraldnet.com/news/everett-to-receive-3-4-million-transit-grant-for-electric-buses/

• 2 weeks later...

Seems these two '94 V's are becoming harder and harder to spot since they're basically reserves, however I spotted 107 back in May and rode 106 today, both after doing the same Rt. 5 trip at 3:30PM and then doing a round trip on Rt. 6 at 4:30PM, 106 also ran surprisingly very well considering it's 22 years old so that was great to see.

See my videos at,

https://www.youtube.com/user/pnwelevator/

106.JPG

107.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 19adam99 said:

Decided to give ET some love. Here's a short-ish history of Everett Transit

See something wrong? Know the right answer?  Let me know please!

Very nice. The hand-changing of transit systems in that era can be hard to track for major cities, let alone smaller cities like Everett.

Everett Transit's story doesn't quite end there, though. Plenty of attempts by the state legislature to merge it with Community Transit (established in 1976), declining revenues and other issues, and continued "small-town" attitudes within the agency. I plan to cover some of it when I overhaul the Wikipedia article.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tracking inside of OneBusAway is now available for Everett Transit, although the numbers do not quite match the buses themselves;

ie B0122 is 97_525 within OBA

It seems they are currently designated inside some sort of internal reference

I am working on compiling the OBA designations for the buses and inputing them into a database for riders of ET.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wonder how much of this is gonna get done this year. . .

SERVICES

Increase fixed‐route service by 2,677 revenue hours over 2016 levels. 

Increase paratransit service by 478 revenue hours over 2016 levels.

FACILITIES

N Broadway Transit Improvement project.

Everett Station Preventative Maintenance:  Brick Restoration project, resurface and restriping of parking lots, HVAC repair, replace glass in 19 bus shelters.  

Everett Station camera system upgrades.  

Everett Station Preventive Maintenance: CCTV Replacement/upgrade.

Finish design of New Operations Base.

EQUIPMENT

Service Planning and Development software/hardware update.

Next Generation ORCA project cost share with region.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The new Proterra has made its debut. Delivered in June and made its first run on Sept. 17.

Three more have been delivered and should be in service soon.

44706058142_b360b94350_b.jpg

Everett Transit's new Proterra electric bus by SounderBruce, on Flickr

44036320904_81e42446dd_b.jpg

44705916552_190d45c09e_b.jpg

44754953861_2b90f7b1ab_b.jpg

42945031970_7f4e0aa3d0_b.jpg

Everett Transit: Proterra and Orion by SounderBruce, on Flickr

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, 19adam99 said:

Tracking inside of OneBusAway is now available for Everett Transit, although the numbers do not quite match the buses themselves;

ie B0122 is 97_525 within OBA

It seems they are currently designated inside some sort of internal reference

I am working on compiling the OBA designations for the buses and inputing them into a database for riders of ET.

I recognize this is quite old, but I’d love any of this information you have. Just began undertaking this task myself! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 2:47 AM, Thomasw said:

Might be going to auction or for scrap

B0107(https://publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2253912) and B0118(https://publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2297393) were sold on PublicSurplus.com last week.

B0106 is currently up for sale: https://publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2306366

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - saw a Proterra bus without any decals on a flatbed truck traveling north on I-5 - the red and silver livery along with the old school farebox were giveaways. Not sure how many they are receiving, but guessing it'll take some time to get their marketing on the bus.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...