Everett Transit, WA

Erubisu

Everett Transit's service covers the areas of Downtown Everett and South Everett

There are four Hybrid buses in the fleet, starting service last year.

Here are some pictures of the fleet taken few months ago.

B501

5010015099_ebfb0cf939_b.jpg

B502

5010621038_3e52cde2b9_b.jpg

B202

5010620852_7ac59523fe_b.jpg

B302

5010014489_b32b5273ba_b.jpg

more pictures are added to my album :angry:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47139810@N08

Is Everett Transit expecting new buses anytime soon in the future?

Dave

cool!!!nice photos!!!!

I think it seems to have no plans buying any new buses in the near future

What it is doing currently is to cut budget. it is unlikely to have extra money for new buses <_<

I'll do a follow-up!

Dave

Everett Transit will be purchasing some new vehicles in the near future. ET was awarded Federal grant funds to keep the fleet in the best condition possible and plans on purchasing 1 or 2 new Heavy Duty Diesel coaches in 2011 with delivery in 2012 and 2 to 3 new Hybrid Electric coaches in 2012 with delivery in 2013. As Everett Transit follows a bid process, it is unknown at this time what models will be purchased.

• 8 months later...
Everett Transit will be purchasing some new vehicles in the near future. ET was awarded Federal grant funds to keep the fleet in the best condition possible and plans on purchasing 1 or 2 new Heavy Duty Diesel coaches in 2011 with delivery in 2012 and 2 to 3 new Hybrid Electric coaches in 2012 with delivery in 2013. As Everett Transit follows a bid process, it is unknown at this time what models will be purchased.

It really depends what the new buses are meant to replace. If they are Orion V and/or medium-duty Eldorado replacements, they'll probably go with Gillig for fleet standardization (and it also seems Gillig LF's has become the staple Washington state rigid bus outside King County Metro and Community Transit; even the staunchly New Flyer Pierce Transit has recently introduced some Gillig LF hybrids.) If they are D60HF replacements, they'll likely go for the D/DE60LFR as long as the LFR style remains available (or going for XD/XDE60 Excelsoir if the LFR is discontinued by the intended delivery timeline), as New Flyer artics are commonplace throughout the Puget Sound.

Just one more off-topic question, why is Community Transit, Everett Transit's neighboring agency so staunchly New Flyer up to the rumored order of baby Gillig LF's as D30LF replacements? Thanks!

Just one more off-topic question, why is Community Transit, Everett Transit's neighboring agency so staunchly New Flyer up to the rumored order of baby Gillig LF's as D30LF replacements? Thanks!

The order is confirmed according to CT's website. I guess they have to buy some Gilligs because they need 30-foot buses for 110 and 120 yet New Flyer does not produce XD30.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll do a follow-up!

B0500:

B0500.jpg_800.jpg

Mukilteo with CT D40LFR:

B0500_28111.jpg_800.jpg

B0501:

B0501_B.jpg_800.jpg

B0502...........from last Monday night!

B0502_B.jpg_800.jpg

And let's not forget about the oldies!

B0101:

B0101.jpg_800.jpg

Is Everett Transit expecting new buses anytime soon in the future?

Dave

Lol I remember that night. Shooting at midnight.

• 1 year later...

Stopped at the Everett Station earlier today for about an hour. Only saw maybe 4 Gillig Low Floor buses in total. Managed to get one of the 4 Hybrid BRT Gillig LF's that were delivered within the last couple of years. Looking at earlier posts in this thread, are there any more new buses that have entered service since #'s B0500-B0503 entered service? I only saw one of them today and managed to captured a couple of photos of it.

The following Orion V's were spotted during my one hour at the Everett Station earlier today: B0106, B0108, B0110, B0111, B0113, B0116, B0117, B0118, B0119, B0120, B0122,

I also spotted Gillig Phantom B0102 in service!

And on another note, I photographed B0402 today as well. Yesterday, I spotted one of these parked in a lot in Seattle obviously no longer operated by Everett Transit. So I am curious how many of these are actually still active,

Stopped at the Everett Station earlier today for about an hour. Only saw maybe 4 Gillig Low Floor buses in total. Managed to get one of the 4 Hybrid BRT Gillig LF's that were delivered within the last couple of years. Looking at earlier posts in this thread, are there any more new buses that have entered service since #'s B0500-B0503 entered service? I only saw one of them today and managed to captured a couple of photos of it.

The following Orion V's were spotted during my one hour at the Everett Station earlier today: B0106, B0108, B0110, B0111, B0113, B0116, B0117, B0118, B0119, B0120, B0122,

And on another note, I photographed B0402 today as well. Yesterday, I spotted one of these parked in a lot in Seattle obviously no longer operated by Everett Transit. So I am curious how many of these are actually still active,

I wonder if their D60HF are still running as Seattle are in replacing their's this year!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I looked around in Everett about a month ago and again on Thursday 5/2. There are at least seven new Gillig 40' BRT HEVs in various stages of prep for service. B0503 was in the Everett Av yard without plates but otherwise appears ready. There were a B0504, a B0509, and a couple without visible numbers in a yard southwest of the shops, as well as two without numbers on Cedar Av next to the shop. They also have some new paratransit cutaways up to B0051.

A month ago Phantom B0100 was sitting on the north fence in the Everett Av yard with markings removed, Orion V B0103 was parked next to it and there was one remaining El Dorado (number forgotten). Now B0104 has markings removed and the others are gone.

B0101 was in service and B0102 appears operable.

If anyone wonders why B0103 has a canadian build plate, it is because the coach was purchased by Boeing as mitigation for the 777 plant, along with B0104, B0105 and CT 433-442.

In those days, Orion only used the BIA plant for orders that required Build USA compliance.

It is quite likely that the coaches lasted as long as they did because of this little fact.

Went by there today... it's still there. It has a "sold" sign in the front windshield though...

A former TransLink HandyDART bus is there too.

Just for the record... I also saw B0101 and several older Orion Vs running into Everett Station yesterday evening, good to see some of the oldies still out and about.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...