Hi everyone,

At the request of the union rep I have agreed to post this brochure here for eveyone's information. The health and well-being of GRT's employees and customers is at risk from mould found in the HVAC units and elsewhere of several buses, the region has been reluctant to fully disclose the severity of the problem and the health effects related to mould in buses and has actively downplayed the issue in the media, this is not just background air-born spores which occur everywhere, mould has been found GROWING in the buses which is blown around by the HVAC units potentially exposing everyone on board.

See also...

http://www.caw4304.ca/president/index.htm

It's not a major health concern.

There is a particular species of mold that happens to enjoy growing in the ducting of HVAC systems. It is very common, and completely non-toxic.

Unless you have an allergy to it, it won't affect you.

Dan

Can you tell me what enjoys growing in bird dung? Also testing was not completed in the ducting of the HVAC system. Is the particular species you are referring to Aspergillus?

Thanks

• 8 months later...
Hi everyone,

At the request of the union rep I have agreed to post this brochure here for eveyone's information. The health and well-being of GRT's employees and customers is at risk from mould found in the HVAC units and elsewhere of several buses, the region has been reluctant to fully disclose the severity of the problem and the health effects related to mould in buses and has actively downplayed the issue in the media, this is not just background air-born spores which occur everywhere, mould has been found GROWING in the buses which is blown around by the HVAC units potentially exposing everyone on board.

See also...

http://www.caw4304.ca/president/index.htm

And every other bus and building HVAC system are wide open to this.

Coming from someone who services identical systems, until your culture swabs are positive with legionella bacteria, you have a weak case.

ALL a/c systems are warm, damp places. They work by condensing humidity. You think a household system is any better in the culture test?

Whats your point?

And every other bus and building HVAC system are wide open to this.

Coming from someone who services identical systems, until your culture swabs are positive with legionella bacteria, you have a weak case.

ALL a/c systems are warm, damp places. They work by condensing humidity. You think a household system is any better in the culture test?

Whats your point?

You waited 8 months to post a reply?! :) Anyways, don't shoot the messenger, I was asked to post the message.

You waited 8 months to post a reply?! :P Anyways, don't shoot the messenger, I was asked to post the message.
Who said I was attacking you?

If I would've replied the next day, my reply would've been the same.

I don't often venture into the grt section. And bullshit is bullshit, I don't care where it's coming from.

This was just unabashed sensationalism.

It was brought to the surface by recent posts, and I thought an informed opinion was due, seeing as it was severely lacking prior.