GRT Bus Repairs

Nova4

Hello everyone. I thought I would take an oppertunity to start a new topic on any GRT buses that are in need of some repairs. With the recent discovery of mold on buses and GRT's long history of malfunctioning units/parts, there is likely a long list. This thread is less for simple breakdowns and more for long-term, ongoing problems with specific units. Maybe somebody will finally take notice and ensure the repairs are completed (yes, I realize I have my hopes too high for GRT but one can only dream).

So, with that said, I shall get the ball rolling:

20904 - The break pedal has been making an awful squeeking sound for weeks now. Sounds like a dying duck everytime you stop. It actually gave me a headache today. Wouldn't want to be driving that for the day.

2328/2329 - In need of a paint job along the entire top half. It's been like that for at almost a year now. Is it really that hard to take some white paint and fix it up?

These were just the ones I noticed...today. Feel free to add yours below. I'm sure drivers could spend all day on this one :P

2414 - AC leaking from top of the inside of the bus, over wheel chair position on the back/front door side of the bus.

Could be fixed, as I saw it on Saturday.

2414 was out today i cant remmber what route it was on i seen it at the Terminal and 8013 smells like cat

Both potential "mould" issues. The "cat urine" smell can be directly tied to "black mould" (so I've read)

Seems like too new of a bus to have mould. But 2718 had it so who knows now...

It's not the age of the bus but the conditions the but works in, on all day without any break and not enough time to completly defrost and dry out the compressors.

With all the air systems being put on auto and the on/off controls removed the compressors get over-worked and freeze , the only way to rectify this situation is to turn off the A\C unit and open windows, or bus,or turn on the heat and I personnaly wont turn on the heat for an extended length of time and turning the bus off for awhile isn't an option either. So the only other option is to return the on/off controls and unlock the windows.

I wouldn't be supprised to find alot of the Novas in this situation, the one that supprised me was the 22XX those do have driver controls and have never (that I know of) had any A\C problems.

2414 was out today i cant remmber what route it was on i seen it at the Terminal and 8013 smells like cat

I was on 2414 for 7E changing to the 7A that day (August 30th). As it pulled up to the stop I was standing at I realized the external speakers were on because I heard the stop called there. I informed the driver after getting on, and he flipped some switch by his seat, thanked me for informing him, and I thought all had been fixed because I was hearing the announcements (though rather quietly - not really surprising). But then after I got off the bus and the bus left in the same direction I was walking in I heard the announcement again, which meant the external speaker was still on. Guess it was too late to inform the driver again :unsure:

At least other than that everything seemed to be working...

I was 2414 that for 7E changing to the 7A that day (August 30th). As it pulled up to the stop I was standing at I realized the external speakers were on because I heard the stop called there. I informed the driver after getting on, and he flipped some switch by his seat, thanked me for informing him, and I thought all had been fixed because I was hearing the announcements (though rather quietly - not really surprising). But then after I got off the bus and the bus left in the same direction I was walking in I heard the announcement again, which meant the external speaker was still on. Guess it was too late to inform the driver again :o

At least other than that everything seemed to be working...

On the Novas there are 3 positions for the speaker switches. The upper most is outside, the middle being both, and the bottom iis inside. That driver probably just put the switch to the middle spot instead of all the way down. In some of the 24XX's there is a sticker below the switch that says "button must be fully depressed" so I usually yell at it for awhile and call it stupid and I think that usually does the trick. :unsure:

• 2 months later...