INIT Inaccuracies

D4500

The signs still say "7 to" / "D UW via University". I don't take the bus very often, and that confuses me every time.

How difficult can it be to have it say "7D" / "UW via University" at least? The vendor should be able to do this in no time.

Well today on the 7D I noticed it said "7" / "UW via University"....so they just got rid of the D.... good enough? :P

"Next Stop: Keatsway at Anus"

LMFAO! Only at GRT!

Pretty sure thats supposed to be Amos!

Also route 9 IB to Con Mall GReTa still calls out "Hightoint at Cornerbrook" and IB as well Cedarbrea at Healsly Park Tr. shoulb br trail' which it does call out on the OB trip.

IB 13 destination sign still needs to be fixed.

The route 8's still don't change signs at the Charles st. terminal.

Memo has been posted on this issue on the boards at the garage and at CST that states that the INIT system is not capable of doing this at this time...Oh my!

That doesn't make sense... if it can do it for the 22 then why not for the 8's its a simple sign change. Or they could always just set it up as two seperate routes in the system. Now, while I'm not a computer programmer, it seems fairly easy and obvious to me.

That doesn't make sense... if it can do it for the 22 then why not for the 8's its a simple sign change. Or they could always just set it up as two seperate routes in the system. Now, while I'm not a computer programmer, it seems fairly easy and obvious to me.

Perhaps it is because route 8 has four possible destinations when it arrives at Charles Terminal?

Perhaps it is because route 8 has four possible destinations when it arrives at Charles Terminal?

All of wich can be done by just turning the 8 into four diffewrent routes in the INIT system. Looking at the new itineraries for the winter sign-up thats what they did with the 22. At Forest Glen it becomes another route (according to the HASTUS printout).

The INIT system is actually very good quality system and well-know in the transportation industry, but if you put garbage into it, the only thing you're gonna get out is garbage as well.
Very well said!

Have to agree as well. I don't see many people complain about Translink's INIT. And it's a huge improvement IMO over YRT/VIVA's...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well here's a few more that I've just got the chance to post...

The 9 inbound to Conestoga still calls out Heasley Park T.r.

The Northfield Industrial Special that leaves from CST at 06:10 (9932) is calling out a fictitious stop after the Hwy 85 ramp after Con mall "Path to Galaxy Cinema"

"Victoria & Halls Lane" should be changed to call out "Victoria at University of Waterloo - School of Pharmacy". Same with "Columbia & Hagey"; should be changed to call out "Columbia at University of Waterloo - School of Optometry".