INIT Inaccuracies

FRESH LIST FROM HERE ON...

I've been informed that an update to the stop database in the INIT system has been done effective last Thursday. However, I still am seeing many of the same errors, lets start a fresh list to track the remaining errors from this point forward. I'll start...

Routes 3,8,11,22 - first stop after leaving Charles Street Terminal. Text has been corrected to "Charles / Benton" but still calls out "Charles Street Terminal"

Route 12 SB, still calling out the Route 20-only stop farside Fischer-Hallman/Victoria along with the 12 stop nearside as well

Route 3/22 - Stop directly in front of 409 Mill St. still labelled 399 Mill St.

Route 11 - Inbound to Charles Street still calling out stop at Stirling/King when this stop does not exist

Route 11 - Outbound to Forest Glen, the positioning of the Charles/Pandora stop is incorrect, the system still thinks it's the old stop in the school bus bay

Route 11 - Outbound to Forest Glen, the stop at Stirling/Kaufman Park is labeled and called out as "Stirling/Kaufman Park ENT" (like the tree creatures in Lord of the Rings).

Route 6 - Tagge Street in the Bridgeport area is still being called out as "TOG" when it should be "TAG-EE" (stops on Bridge St and on Stanley Ave).

On the route 13 the dest. sign is still squished together (l overlappiung the 3 and the W is cut in half) and the stops along Columbia between F-H and Ira Needles have been shifted so the INIT needs to be shifted as well.

Route 3 - Stop OB at Ottawa / Howe, the word "Howe" comes out as more of a squeak than it does an actual word :blink:

Route 21 - IB and OB, there are two stops in a row named King/Northland, the ones closest to Home Depot (IB and OB) should be renamed to King / Home Depot or something like that

Route 21 - OB Stop missing at the UPI gas station in St. Jacobs between King / Printery and King / Henry

Route 21 - Brubacher is mispronounced in the Arthur / Brubacher stops, it's being pronounced as "BREW-BACKER" rather than "BREW-BAKER"

Route 21 - IB stop at Arthur / South Parkwood is spelled incorrectly and being mispronounced; Parkwood is currently spelled Pkwood and the system tries to pronounce it like that as well

Route 20 - System is annoucing both of the 19-only stops OB at Chopin / Hazelglen and IB at Hazelglen / Chopin.

Route 11 - IB and OB stops at Kingswood / Selkirk, annoucment has been corrected to say Kingswood / Selkirk, but text still reads Kingswood / Hydro Corridor.

Route 13 - New stop locations on Columbia bewteen Fischer-Hallman and Erbsville still off position in the system

Route 13 - Still calling out Columbia / UW Entrance on IB trip, no stop exists here

Route 13 - Columbia / Ron Eydt Village, annoucnment has been corrected but text still incorrectly reads "Roy"

Route 9 - New routing varient needed, some trips start at UW and end at University / King (going Out of Service) currently this trip is structured with the last stop ON Hazel / University, but it should be University / Hemlock > Laurier > University / King (also the destination sign currently displays Out Of Service for these trips when it should display 9 University/King).

Route 27 - Still calling out stop at Morrison / Grand River on the INBOUND trip, no stop exists here.

Route 23 - Calling out the school special only stop at Old Chicopee / Edenbridge outbound.

Route 23 - Stop at Frederick / River (new stop relocated from River / Rosemount), text read Frederick / River but announcement still calling out River / Rosemount.

Sign suggestions:

7D UW via University - The sign should switch to the southbound 7 route right before the bus enters UW, instead of by PAC.

31 Lexington to UW - The sign should switch to 29 Keats Way before it reaches DC, similar to where the 13 changes to the 9 at the moment. In fact, I like to see the bus stop sign at DC change from 7, 9, 31 to 7, 9, 29.

The signs still say "7 to" / "D UW via University". I don't take the bus very often, and that confuses me every time.

How difficult can it be to have it say "7D" / "UW via University" at least? The vendor should be able to do this in no time.

Route 2 - Calling out the Route 22 only stop at Fischer-Hallman / Greenbrook outbound to Highland Hills

Route 18 - Something is extremely wrong with the inbound trip configuration between Water Street and Queen Street, it calls out Weber / Ontario then proceeds to call out Weber / Queen almost a block and half before the Ontario Street stop then knock the system to "Off Route Position" never fails, happens every time.

Route 2 - Calling out the Route 22 only stop at Fischer-Hallman / Greenbrook outbound to Highland Hills

Route 18 - Something is extremely wrong with the inbound trip configuration between Water Street and Queen Street, it calls out Weber / Ontario then proceeds to call out Weber / Queen almost a block and half before the Ontario Street stop then knock the system to "Off Route Position" never fails, happens every time.

I had just noticed that yesterday.

Route 10 NB - Doon Valley / Pinnacle announced, but I did not notice a stop there. Pinnacle / Doon Valley was announced as well and there was a stop there.

Route 10 - The Wabanaki announcements are simply hilarious to hear. Half the bus today was laughing when Crystal pronounced "Wahhhhh!!!!!!banaki"

Route 61 NB - INIT shuts down after making the turn from Homer Watson to New Dundee. This means the announcement at Conestoga College and Homer Watson is not announced.

This has probably already been mentioned, but I think there are two stops called Queen / Courtland on the 8, and it is confusing.

I agree, there's doubles on many routes often with bus stops at both ends of a crescent or on both sides of an intersection...I'll bring this up at the next Ops Meeting.

• 2 weeks later...