INIT Inaccuracies

D4500

For the inbound 13, the INIT announces the Uw-Front Entrance stop. While it appears on the schedule, there doesn't seem to be a bus stop flag there.

Another point, I wonder if it is possible to update the stops that are located on the west side of the UW campus. Two stops that come to mind are UW - Environment 2 and UW Biology 2. Would it be feasible to change it to UW - Ira G. Needles Hall for the time being?

Not just that...shouldn't it be UW - B.H. Matthews Hall? The "Front Entrance", as far as I know, is technically SCH.

I must correct myself. The stop in question is Columbia at UW Entrance not UW - Front Entrance.

According to the schedule, the UW- B.C. Matthews Stop is directly after the Columbia at UW Entrance stop.

The sign was still flashing 7 to....C Conestoga Mall when I was on the 7C yesterday. I thought they fixed that........

While this might be a pipe dream, I wish there is at least some consistency with the signs instead of the varying types we have now.

I.E.

9 Lakeshore to ... Conestoga Mall/UW/McCormick

13 Laurelwood to ... Laurelwood & Erbsville/UW

31 Lexington to ... Conestoga Mall/UW

25 Queen South to ... Golden Meadow/Golden Meadow via Overlea/Downtown via McGarry/Downtown via Westheights

22 Laurentian West to ... Highland Hills via Forest Glen/Downtown via Forest Glen

Not an inaccuracy but what about putting a "Please move back" prompt on the init that way all we have to do is to go into the messages and press the button. My thrat is starting to get sore from all the yelling to "please move back". Just a suggestion.

A "Please use centre door" prompt would be nice as well.

Please.

Not an inaccuracy but what about putting a "Please move back" prompt on the init that way all we have to do is to go into the messages and press the button. My thrat is starting to get sore from all the yelling to "please move back". Just a suggestion.

A "Please use centre door" prompt would be nice as well.

Please.

Thats got my vote!

Well I figured since Greater Golden Horseshoe ask ys to help him out I would start a topic to get it all organized. Please don't us this to complain

I'll start us out.

-7 Inbound to CST from Fairview there is not a stop at King and Scott but one is being called out.

That is fixed.

7s going via Kingsway have Kingsway / First, but the stop is at Kingsway / Second.

Outbound 7 to Waterloo at King / James, stop is announced King At Jim.

Inbound 7 via Columbia to CST, stop displayed and announced Regina / Columbia, but the stop is about 300m from Columbia. Suggest an address stop like the outbound stop.

Is it always the case that in the stops based on intersections that it will be displayed/announced [the road that the stop is on] at [the road that it's intersecting]? (seems like that based on observation), however, the 7E's return trip toward Charles Terminal, where it right-turns from University onto King, and then the stop is after the turn on King, wouldn't that be the stop "King / University"? I was on that bus Monday and it said "University / King"... wouldn't that make some people think it would stop at that stop for the 8 and 12, when it doesn't?

This isn't an INIT Inaccuracy so parden my post. However, I had an idea the other night on my way home. Will it ever be possible to use the INIT system to create some sort of smartphone application that would tell users when the bus would arrive at a specific stop (similar to the current iXpress system) AND where it is on the route. Thus the application would be providing real time data to someone's Blackberry or iPhone (or whatever). I know you can text the stop number to get times but they are not in real time and are usually not accurate. If they had a smartphone "app" I would know that (for example) the 12 Fairview Mall had just departed HHM so I should begin to walk to my stop to get it.

I'm sure the logistics are horrible and may be impossible to do. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on whether or not this is possible (if at all).

On route 27, on its way back to Fairview (before turning right from Morrison to Grand River), INIT calls out "Morrison at Grand River" but this stop does not exist.

Got this one already, but thanks. Keep your ears peeled for others; I have yet to hear any from Cambridge.

Is it always the case that in the stops based on intersections that it will be displayed/announced [the road that the stop is on] at [the road that it's intersecting]? (seems like that based on observation), however, the 7E's return trip toward Charles Terminal, where it right-turns from University onto King, and then the stop is after the turn on King, wouldn't that be the stop "King / University"? I was on that bus Monday and it said "University / King"... wouldn't that make some people think it would stop at that stop for the 8 and 12, when it doesn't?

Problem here is that it is calling out the 8/12 only bus stop on University Avenue (which shouldn't be in the list of stops) and then the stop around the corner as well at King/University. However it often happens that with the stop on King being so close to the stop on University the system doesn't roll over to the King Street stop at all before the bus gets there, therefore it is skipped completely, I've reported the error - along with all the others so far, most well before September - but they still haven't corrected them. ;)

This isn't an INIT Inaccuracy so parden my post. However, I had an idea the other night on my way home. Will it ever be possible to use the INIT system to create some sort of smartphone application that would tell users when the bus would arrive at a specific stop (similar to the current iXpress system) AND where it is on the route. Thus the application would be providing real time data to someone's Blackberry or iPhone (or whatever). I know you can text the stop number to get times but they are not in real time and are usually not accurate. If they had a smartphone "app" I would know that (for example) the 12 Fairview Mall had just departed HHM so I should begin to walk to my stop to get it.

I'm sure the logistics are horrible and may be impossible to do. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on whether or not this is possible (if at all).

I have read some reports to council that eventually the easyGO system will be changed to give real-time departure information to customers instead of strictly scheduled information, but I would imagine this will wait until the ENTIRE fleet is equipped with working INIT systems (5+ years?).

The answer is that yes, this will definitely be possible. Once most of the fleet has INIT installed (i.e. next year), staff said they plan to make available the real-time data to the public. From there to an app is not going to be very long.

The answer is that yes, this will definitely be possible. Once most of the fleet has INIT installed (i.e. next year), staff said they plan to make available the real-time data to the public. From there to an app is not going to be very long.

YRT has this kind of system in their website. Works pretty well, except the site keeps crashing down.

Perhaps GRT should consider an online site before going to an actual app. I would go for London's as a perfect example.

Perhaps GRT should consider an online site before going to an actual app. I would go for London's as a perfect example.

They're not talking about making the app themselves, just making the data feed publicly available. Apps would be produced by third parties.

Everytime I leave on route 11 from Charles Street, the INIT calls out "Next Stop ... Charles Street Terminal" AFTER we leave tthe terminal.

Actually all the routes that stop there do that and they know about it, just havent done the update yet.