septa105R5/seClip9

Krapf's Bus Company

Interesting that they don't have destination signs on those. I wonder if they plan to order some? The U of MN ones use Luminator which I assume are standard so perhaps Krapf's wanted TwinVision instead.

Probably with the recent look at Gillig Phantom's whose destination sign was permanently turned off, they won't have sign and instead operators will call out the route and destination that bus going to. So that's how Krapf's bus will do.

That's right, that bus was one of the two delivered in October, 2010 as reported from Metro Transit Magazine with one intended for the service to relieve the Thomas Safe-T-Liner Activity Bus instead of using it frequently, and use it on alternate times instead of having either one of it permanently used for that service. The Park Towne Place Shuttle was used to operate by other private bus operators before Krapf's Dominance in 2010; previous private operator use to operate the NovaBus Classic which is Ex PAT Transit (Pittsburgh, PA), Flixble Metro B (Ex. WMATA in Washington D.C.), and the New Flyer D40HF (Ex. CT Transit of Connecitcut).

Krapf's other Van Hool A300L is used on Krapf's Transit's Route A service to West Chester, Exton, and Coatesville PA out in the suburban residential area 30-40 miles west of Philladelphia, PA. That bus is in the Rover Transit Paint there as seen here.

DSCN4664_1.jpg

This is a better picture taken in December, 2010 at West Chester, PA

The two Van Hool's marks the record for Krapf's Bus as the 1st operator of Van Hool A300L.

By the way when did you travel to Philadelphia, PA? Did you have a great time there?

The two Van Hool's marks the record for Krapf's Bus as the 1st operator of Van Hool A300L.

Actually, the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) was the first American operator of the A300L, followed by AC Transit in Oakland, CA.

By the way when did you travel to Philadelphia, PA? Did you have a great time there?

I was in Philadelphia yesterday for the day, catching up on all the buses/etc. that I missed since my last visit back in 2008. If only there had been a bit more sunlight, the trip would have been perfect.

All of these pictures are from my recent trips at West Chester on 1-17-2011. And George, I managed to spot some of the Gillig Phantoms that once serve your area were in service on that day.

Also, the Van Hools, as well as Freightliner/Glaval Bus cutaway were seen on Route A service. Normally, an MCI bus would be seen in service as Krapf's request any available drivers from any motorcoach or school bus operation to fill in the roles in transit operation. For some reason, instead of an MCI that also mostly seen in Route A, a Krapf's IC Bus RE Series School Bus was seen today. Its rare to see that school bus in operation.

DSCN4909_1.jpg

DSCN4918_1.jpg

DSCN4919_1.jpg

DSCN4922_1.jpg

DSCN4944_1~0.jpg

More Krapf's Buses taken on the same date 3-18-2011

2194222290106405184S600x600Q85.jpg

2258524100106405184S600x600Q85.jpg

Videos

Ride on 2010 Van Hool A300L with various parts; please go on youtube to see more parts on it

Various West Chester Buses

Ride on Ex Foothill Transit Gillig Phantom

Krapf's Van Hool C2045 used for charter and schedule service seen at Wayne, PA on 3-24-2011. This is my 1st time seeing this as their motorcoaches fleet consisted of MCIs.

Soon, I'm planning to transfer into West Chester University in West Chester, PA. West Chester University operates shuttle service between the North Campus which is the main and the South Campus. Service is provided by Krapf's Bus and uses IC Bus CE Series Activity Bus powered by MaxxForce 7 engine with Allison Transmission

DSCN0008_1.jpg

While I'm at West Chester, PA on 4-22-2011, a rare bus operated by Krapf's was seen there and it still has a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA engine which is now known to be outdated as that kind of engines in that buses is no longer heard in our area as those old buses have been replaced. That bus is MCI 102-C3

Krapf's Coaches MCI 102-DL3 5-12-2011

Krapf's Transit Freightliner/Glaval Bus on Route A 5-12-2011

Krapf's Transit (Rover Transit) 1994 Gillig Phantom #9411 (Ex. Foot Hill Transit) 5-12-2011

Saw a MCI D4005 at West Chester yesterday

Is the "catch Krapfs" livery an advertising phase? It looks cool IMO.

Sort of since it is much of a slogan for advertising purpose to convince large passenger group to travel with Krapf's. This also applies to the Blue Bird All American RE Activity Bus too.

Saw Krapf's Transit operating for Park Towne Apartment using its Van Hool A300L on June 22, 2011. This the other 2010 Van Hool A300L that Krapf's have place in service.