Buses for sale

That GO bus is still in pretty good shape no dents and no bad history I would buy it if I was old enough and had the money and if I heard correctly from the bus driver in Oshawa they might be selling 8121 8122. 8124 is a for sure seller it is really good it ran great never was in an accedent i don't no why they would even retire it in the first place.

Sadly, here in Halifax, the days of seeing working buses at auction are over. Now that things are getting a little tighter, they run the buses until they literally stop working, then strip out any usable parts (most notably the engine and transmission)

:angry:

That GO bus is still in pretty good shape no dents and no bad history I would buy it if I was old enough and had the money and if I heard correctly from the bus driver in Oshawa they might be selling 8121 8122. 8124 is a for sure seller it is really good it ran great never was in an accedent i don't no why they would even retire it in the first place.

8122, 8124 have gone to scap now along with 8147, 8150, 8117. 8121 will be in the next batch of buses to be auctioned off as "unfitt vehicles".

These 1990 GO buses were retired due to frame corrosion.

8122, 8124 have gone to scap now along with 8147, 8150, 8117. 8121 will be in the next batch of buses to be auctioned off as "unfitt vehicles".

I was talking to one of thye drivers about selling buses and she said that 8117is going up north a lot of the smaller towns starting up there transit will need buses like Timmins, Kapuskasing, Geralton etc...

Do you have any Proof of that? they were in good shape when retired.

Go retired them because of their 12 year bus age policy.

The MCI 102A2's were retired due to age, but for the most part were okay mechnically and structurally.

The D40S' (which were delivered in 1991) had structural issues, and some were retired quite early.

Dan

Mind you that most of their 102A2 are still on the road today after auctioned off for 2nd hand use, as many of them have rebuild despite the high milage.

As of that 1463, who wants the ZF tranmission? Good luck on repair cost! But I do miss the fastest acceleration on GO fleet and the only bus with yellow rope cord!

Mind you that most of their 102A2 are still on the road today after auctioned off for 2nd hand use, as many of them have rebuild despite the high milage.

As of that 1463, who wants the ZF tranmission? Good luck on repair cost! But I do miss the fastest acceleration on GO fleet and the only bus with yellow rope cord!

Of course MCI's are built to last

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well considering its 11 years old its not that new, buses and cars get tothe point where they need replacing, the only reason TTC held onto the fishbowls for so long is because they were experiencing a bus shortage in the mid 90s and needed to keep them otherwise we would been fishbowless at least 10 years ago

• 2 months later...