What kind of boat do you own?

James

I have a 12 foot Sterling Aluminum with a 1966 12hp Westbend Motor (became chrysler in 1965)

Here is 2 videos of it.

This is the first time this motor has been out in the water in a long time. It was just rebuilt after sitting a while and the most it had been running was in a bucket of water. I hit about 25km/h. This was August 15, 2010 in Lake Wabamun, Alberta

I don't have a boat :D

I was going to take sailing lessons this year, but my shoulder is still healing from last year's rear ender so I put it off till next year. Same with kayaking ... we have so many lakes around here ... need to take advantage of it sometime :D

Got out of boating a few years back. Boating was cutting into my work schedule. Had a Seaswirl 210 with a small cuddy. Great boat. Lots of experience on boats from 14 foot canoes up to 43 foot trawlers. Being on the water is great - as long as you respect the weather and the water as well as your boat and your own skills. There you go, my own little safety promo.

Well I don't own a boat, but my grandfather got me hooked on sailing way back when I was only about 3 years old taking me out on his 17 foot Siren. I'm sure I have pictures somewhere. My uncle kept me interested by getting me a membership into a Canadian Forces Sailing Association, thanks to his being a retired Hercules pilot. Lately I've been sailing on a 20 foot Gowman Express. The club also has a 32 foot Bayfield.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Thought i'd post a pic of my dad's boat he has. its a 47 foot Packer Boat used currently to offload fish form the fisherman's boats. the boat is named the Autumn wind and it was a nice boat to work on when i was on it 3 years back. Summers it works up in Bella Coola BC for the Salmon season, then spends some of it's time for Cod season down in Campbell River and Nootka Sound BC. I love this boat to death :D

bella-coola-harbour-d.jpg the white boat beside is now sunken of Point Grey. it was Called the Allaverdy. It was a converted seiner into a packer just like the Autumn! I as well got to spend some time on it when it was docked beside the Autumn wind. I knew the crew and captain and they were such a fun bunch to be with :D

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

I have a 10 foot inflatable dinghy. It's not much but it gets me from A to B on the water. I was wondering if anyone knows of how to put a hard floor in it? It's new, so this would be my first modification. I feel a hard floor or a wood floor would add to it's stability.