PRESTO - Ottawa Discussion

sseguin

On 7/15/2022 at 4:30 AM, TransitGeek said:

6363 has the new reader installed now

On 7/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, Enviro_1203 said:

4477, 6363, 6430 and a Nova have the new readers as part of a “mini-fleet” to test before full switch over happens.

11 hours ago, Mrkaboom1 said:

6363 has the new reader

Yes @Mrkaboom1, its been previously stated twice now, as shown in the two quoted posts…

On 7/20/2022 at 2:24 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

8164 also has the new reader, so they've now equipped one bus of each different model (with the exception of the 2012 DDs and the XE40s so far). 

8142 was actually the first to get a new reader of the 8100-series, but it's been broken at Indy ever since it got them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dexter249 said:

That's surprising, I thought the Inveros would be retired when the new XE40s arrive

Not really, as technology gets updated, the equipment is changed on the entire fleet. If the buses get retired, they just unmount them and put them in a new bus. We only got 4 XE40s, which had zero effect on the number of Inveros in the fleet.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, agb96 said:

4733 and 6611 also with new readers

Has there been a posted timeline? It seems like there are suddenly a lot more appearing

I don’t believe a firm timeline. It was in a testing roll in phase initially and it’s likely going to be like any other campaign where it’s replaced when the bus goes for repairs or when the old readers crap out 

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 11:09 AM, ZümmyZüm said:

I don’t believe a firm timeline. It was in a testing roll in phase initially and it’s likely going to be like any other campaign where it’s replaced when the bus goes for repairs or when the old readers crap out 

The readers are installed by S&B, so they're on a campaign to get the fleet done now that things are ready.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Driving a nova with a new reader right now.. these things are picky when they want to read a card or not. Hopefully future updates fix this 

From what I’ve noticed with the new readers. If you try to tap a Presto card when it’s still in your wallet/phone case it will attempt to read any credit cards if one is present) .

It seems the new readers are also set up to accept them (I tried my Apple Pay on one and the reader did pick up on it though the transaction was declined). 

8 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

From what I’ve noticed with the new readers. If you try to tap a Presto card when it’s still in your wallet/phone case it will attempt to read any credit cards if one is present) .

It seems the new readers are also set up to accept them (I tried my Apple Pay on one and the reader did pick up on it though the transaction was declined). 

Eventually they will, right now I’m noticing it’s the more worn out cards that have the most trouble. Like the original readers it’ll take some time to smoothen out, I was hoping for faster readers like Compass in Vancouver but it doesn’t seem to be the case