Transfering to YRT from TTC

2VivaBlue91

My mom needs to take the bus home from work next week. She will taking the TTC route 11 from Sunnybrooke hospital to Bayview/Steeles where she can take a #91 home. Can she use her transfer from the TTC bus (which goes into York Region) to transfer to a YRT bus? Both the connection betwen TTC and YRT will be in York Region terriority. Will she need to pay once on the TTC and one again on the YRT?

My mom needs to take the bus home from work next week. She will taking the TTC route 11 from Sunnybrooke hospital to Bayview/Steeles where she can take a #91 home. Can she use her transfer from the TTC bus (which goes into York Region) to transfer to a YRT bus? Both the connection betwen TTC and YRT will be in York Region terriority. Will she need to pay once on the TTC and one again on the YRT?

She has to pay two seperate fares.

2 fares are needed

I see...

I guess you can only use a YRT transfer/YRT tickets when the TTC bus travels inside York Region and your trip is in York Region? How come I see TTC transfers on the floor of some buses? Is there any routes that TTC transfers will allow you onto YRT?

The ones that go north of Steeles (in your area: 25D, 24D/224C/D, 68B, 17A, 129A, 102D). But the driver will force you to exit at the front doors to pay the YRT fare, so you'd still have to pay 2 fares.

I see...

I guess you can only use a YRT transfer/YRT tickets when the TTC bus travels inside York Region and your trip is in York Region? How come I see TTC transfers on the floor of some buses? Is there any routes that TTC transfers will allow you onto YRT?

TTC contracted routes serve both Toronto and York Region or Mississauga. TTC transfers only work in YRT if the driver punches holes into them to identify the passenger has paid a YRT fare, also the route on the transfer must be an actual TTC contracted route ie. 68 Warden, 129 McCowan North not 43 Kennedy. A regular unpunched TTC transfer is not usable in York Region.

Or you could pay 2 ttc tickets. YRT Drivers accepts ttc tickets. :( one for the ttc and one for the YRT.

YRT buses, which includes Route 91 in this case, DO NOT accept TTC tickets.

TTC buses serving York Region DO accept TTC tickets for the York Region portion of the route.

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

no YRT bus accepts TTC tickets, and the 160 is another route that runs in york region

If I board a TTC bus south of Steeles that means I can pay the TTC fare and get off in YR without paying a YRT fare? Why would I pay TTC and YRT on a TTC bus? Why not just pay a TTC fare if im going into the Toronto area and a YRT fare if Im saying in YR? I have seen people use a TTC metropass on a YRT bus, but then again it may have been a GTA pass?

If I board a TTC bus south of Steeles that means I can pay the TTC fare and get off in YR without paying a YRT fare? Why would I pay TTC and YRT on a TTC bus? Why not just pay a TTC fare if im going into the Toronto area and a YRT fare if Im saying in YR? I have seen people use a TTC metropass on a YRT bus, but then again it may have been a GTA pass?

No because most TTC drivers (there are some very nice ones, mainly on 68 sometimes) would force you to exit at the front doors if you are travelling into YR, so that you would pay the extra fare.

Ok let's get this straight.

TTC bus in TTC territory, even if the TTC bus travels a short time in York Region so long as it doesn't say "extra fare" = TTC fare

TTC bus deep in YRT terrority = YRT fare

YRT bus = YRT fare only, I have not seen a YRT driver accept TTC fare nor should they accept it.

TTC contracted route (68B, 102D, 129A, etc.) from York Region to TTC and vice versa = 2 fares

GTA pass = usable for TTC, YRT, Brampton and Mississauga

TTC metropass = only useable for TTC, cannot be used in York Region.

Pretty sure what you may have seen is the GTA pass, any YRT driver worth his salt would'nt let a TTC metropass slide for a fare in York Region. :(