George L.

What music are you listening to right now?

Carlson and Gailmor - Peaceable Kingdom

Weird, obscure soft psychedelic pop/rock from 1974. Recent find for 95 cents at a flea market.

Listening to the following on an LP:

Golden Jubilee Concert Carnegie Hall recorded 08JAN1978 Rachmaninoff/Concerto No. 3/Vladimir Horowitz with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra/Eugene Ormandy/RCA CRL1-2633

Note that I find this somewhat odd as when I hear "Ormandy" I automatically think "Philadelphia Orchestra". He was with them for forty-four years. Sort of like Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops; fifty years for him.

Way too many Vocaloid songs to get out of my system... :P Below is some of what I have been looping even now:

Kagamine Lin/Ren - Electric Angel

Akita Neru - Stop Bugging Me!

Hatsune Miku - Triple Baka

Hatsune Miku - Tell Your World

Kagamine Len - Hot Cocoa

And yes, they're all Japanese.

Bach's Royal Instrument volume 2/E. Power Biggs/COLUMBIA/ML 4285/M/©1950/

This record was pressed in 1950 and can still hold its own 65 years later.

I just found in my stash and spun volume 1 of the above and the same can be said for it.

Tonight, the fabulous Miller sound: not Glenn, not Mitch, not even Steve; but the Grand Dame of the music world, Mrs. Miller and followed by the immortal Spike Jones with his classic version of "Der Fuehrer's Face".

It features the original Hall & Oates song "Rich Girl" (albeit not a cover song). The song is also ideal onboard the bus. The example of that is (when I was in Vancouver, BC recently) listening to that DWW song - while onboard the 301 Express Bus from Richmond, BC to one of the transit exchanges (bus terminals) in Surrey, BC (hint: it's situated next to the "wave pool").