What music are you listening to right now?

George L.

Tay-K: The Race

US rapper Tay-K has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for murder, with a platinum-certified hit song he released as a fugitive being included in prosecution evidence.US rapper Tay-K has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for murder, with a platinum-certified hit song he released as a fugitive being included in prosecution evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just passed by the Royal York hotel and on the York St. side, there's an older gentleman playing an electric guitar softly and singing Johnny Cash and Kenny Rogers songs.  The Line, The Gambler, others, and he's singing them really well and playing a tasteful accompaniment on the guitar.  I lingered for a couple of songs and put the change I had with me into his guitar case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayside Observer said:

I’m enjoying a beautiful day off, windows open, relaxing on the couch, catching up on email etc. while spinning some records.  This Wilson Pickett album is a good disc.  I also love the Motown label with the map of the Detroit area.

B91C2CDF-9B59-4152-8159-A085B35E3DE2.jpeg

Good call. I got one of his LPs in the herd.

Honeymoon Suite. 80s hair metal.  My temperament has been accused of being similar to the title of the first song.

Want to see old fogies have a meltdown?  Put music like this on and crank it up and remind them that this is trolley music because it’s what was blasting out of radios when you were cutting class to go ride PCC cars and Peter Witts on the tour tram.

2B31D145-C541-4DA7-9B18-17009ED05154.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s turn things inside out for a change.  How about YOU guys pick the music!  Ive pulled a few selections from the Wayside Observer Record Library and you guys pick the which Justin Trudeau Re-Election Campaign Politically Incorrect LP goes on the turntable next:

65061C28-61C1-4AAD-99F7-4E45102F8763.thumb.jpeg.adb05913502133f1dd4a516d997eeadc.jpeg

The James Michener novel adapted to music.  Look at the cast!  What’s that man doing wearing coconut shells like that?  That’s almost as outrageous as “electronically rechanneling” the original mono recording for stereo.

F19D8854-75AE-4E83-ADCA-BB7AFFCFB302.thumb.jpeg.19446d19dd72f57aebe24d8b8e1b6b4b.jpeg

“Not as advertised”.  This album jacket actually contains a record of Leopold Stokowski’s Scheherazade.  Luckily, the disc turned up in another album cover so all is not lost.

9DF67884-377C-4E82-A550-7AD934CA578C.thumb.jpeg.4941ca74700d4efe497d3b99a90f3df0.jpeg

Well then, just on the title alone, we should certainly round up the surviving people involved in making this record and apply the harsh judgments of 2019 to their musical efforts of 1965.

You guys vote.  Which platter of outrage do I spin next?