Greyhound losing Agencies/Depots

roeco

On 8/3/2017 at 11:21 AM, roeco said:

Just a note Red Deer has not moved and if they will is another question. Brandon depot has been put up for sale and Greyhound is looking for a new location, Elk Point moved just recently and Kamloops is supposed to move in 2018. I know In Saskatchewan we will see the Regina and Saskatoon locations moving by the end of Sept/2017. Not sure about Moose Jaw though as it was also owned but not operated by STC.

Moose Jaw depot has moved to the Husky/Smittys truck stop.

• 1 month later...

Saskatoon moved to the Husky Truck Stop on Marquis Drive near the Sasktel centre for both courier and passenger. In Regina Passenger service is at the Regina Airport and  Gcx for now is at Tiger Courier(Open 8-430 Mon-Fri).  The Depot in Merritt is currently still at Husky Truck Stop running limited hours 8-345 Mon to Fri.

• 9 months later...

Well their have recently been a lot of activity in depots closing... TO name some- Hope, Bc* Merritt BC *Fort Nelson Bc*Grand Forks Bc *Jasper Ab

Also its expected the Depot in Dawson Creek Bc will close at the end of August. Which will be a Major Hit to Northern BC as Dawson Creek is where all freight headed North to Whitehorse and Fort St John is sorted plus All freight bound for Prince George and East or South from Prince George goes to/from Northern Alberta.

• 4 months later...

Greyhound Canada no longer owns a yard in London, ON anymore! They sold it to Great Canadian Coaches and get this, Greyhound is a tenant in that yard! Great Canadian has their own washbay crew but rented out the mechanic bays to Greyhound using Greyhound Mechanics. Great Canadian now parks up to 6 of their buses since ownership, up from 3 when they rented from Greyhound.

• 1 year later...

I am not gonna bother start a new thread on this.

With the new Union Station Bus Terminal being almost being completed, it seems Greyhound will operate out of the new Terminal.

Back in 2014, Metrolinx had approached Greyhound about relocating to the new Terminal when completed. In 2017 when the developer found a anchor tenant (CIBC), construction began. The TTC held internal meetings about the Toronto Coach Terminal becoming surplus, assuming Greyhound and Metrolinx signed a lease agreement.

Do you think Greyhound will once again relocate their corporate offices to CIBC Sqaure - 81 Bay Street? Perhaps the shut down is giving them time to start packing up and relocate?

On 6/23/2020 at 1:19 AM, Megabus Rider said:

With the new Union Station Bus Terminal being almost being completed, it seems Greyhound will operate out of the new Terminal.

Back in 2014, Metrolinx had approached Greyhound about relocating to the new Terminal when completed. In 2017 when the developer found a anchor tenant (CIBC), construction began. The TTC held internal meetings about the Toronto Coach Terminal becoming surplus, assuming Greyhound and Metrolinx signed a lease agreement.

Do you think Greyhound will once again relocate their corporate offices to CIBC Sqaure - 81 Bay Street? Perhaps the shut down is giving them time to start packing up and relocate?

I doubt it. Their Oakville office is much cheaper in rent. And who knows if they are coming back post covid. 

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

charles terminal is closed nothing is going in GO transit is parking and loading on Ontario street coach Canada is loading some where eles not sure where the main building is for the homeless to use the washroom or pick up there ow payments.

What about Ontario Northland? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 1:19 AM, Megabus Rider said:

Greyhound has absolutely no plans to relocate to the new union station, due to the lack of bus bays and stipulations implemented on the loading and departing process.

Instead, they're in talks with UP Express in establishing an interline ticket agreement. Greyhound passengers destined for downtown would get off at Pearson airport and continue on a UP Express train to downtown Toronto and vice versa using a greyhound ticket.

So, that means greyhound would make Pearson Airport their main hub if they decide to pull out of the Toronto Coach Terminal. Not sure where their head office would be.

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

I hope not. It just makes it longer & harfer to get downtown, especialy if got to make connections with another carrier.

Umm so the eastern routes would also terminate at Pearson? 

I'm surprised that, Pearson license would be cheaper than downtown. Plus the bus has to go downtown to get to the depot anyways so how is that going to work?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 7:24 PM, Shaun said:

Umm so the eastern routes would also terminate at Pearson? 

I'm surprised that, Pearson license would be cheaper than downtown. Plus the bus has to go downtown to get to the depot anyways so how is that going to work?

I guess everything destined to Toronto goes to Pearson.

It has nothing to do with license. Greyhound Canada for sure has to be paying platform rent at Pearson. It just comes down to budget.

With the construction going on in that area, it would not surprise me if the City gave them Money to leave and maybe relocate to Mississauga or Brampton.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, INowKnowwhY said:

Like I told you guys before, Greyhound has officially ended their lease with the Peterborough bus station.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news/peterborough-region/2020/08/16/end-of-the-line-for-peterboroughs-greyhound-bus-station.html

Doesn't GO transit service this station as well?

Good luck transfering or waiting for the bus in the winter or during a thunderstorm. I hope they will at least have some kind of shelter. 

I get that these cuts are to save money but it just makes the service worse, resulting in less people using it. 

Maybe that works in Vancouver or Victoria where the weather is not the cold in the Winter, but how about Winnipeg? Ottawa where its cold cold cold, not sure about Calgary & Edmonton how cold it gets in the winter. I smel something fishy here Greyhound forcing people to Pearson Airport, forcing them to pay for a cab ride or other transport  back to downtown Toronto.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

Doesn't GO transit service this station as well?
Good luck transferring or waiting for the bus in the winter or during a thunderstorm. I hope they will at least have some kind of shelter. 

Go has a streetside stop (bus shelter and flag pole) Which is next door from the Downtown Transit Terminal (which has a waiting area). 

I'm wondering if the City of Peterborough would rent out one or more of the bus bays to Greyhound.