Greyhound losing Agencies/Depots

roeco

Interesting....! First not paying enough for OC to sell their tickets?

More like not alot of people knew Oc was selling in the first place as there's nothing on Greyhound.ca nor Octranspo.com.

You would think Oc would want to make some money from selling tickets to Toronto and Montreal as both routes are heavily used by students. ^_^

Tickets are easily purchased online now. My guess is that eliminating smaller tickets venues like this will mean more money in Greyhound's pockets.

Yes I am aware of that. But many people do not have access to the internet and have no other choice but to go to a ticket sales office. It seems a lot of businesses these days have forgotten this lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I saw a memo posted on the driver's board in Edmonton yesterday indicating Lac LaBiche has reopened in the same location. They will be doing P&D service for both Lac LaBiche and Conklin. There were hours posted in the memo but I don't have them readily available. They also indicated that a phone number and fax number would be announced in the very near future.

I saw a memo posted on the driver's board in Edmonton yesterday indicating Lac LaBiche has reopened in the same location. They will be doing P&D service for both Lac LaBiche and Conklin. There were hours posted in the memo but I don't have them readily available. They also indicated that a phone number and fax number would be announced in the very near future.

Wow...thats interesting.. I really did think it would take quite a while for Lac La Biche to reopen.

The Athabasca agency has shut again!! It did not last very long a few months at best! All freight is being re-directed to Rochester(which has horrible service) one bus from Peace River to Edmonton stops their, and it only stops the other way on request to pick up passengers. Also Fox Creek is a bit of an issue...they lost their agency back in the summer and since then theirs been no real place to pick up and drop off.. It was at the old depot but they switched it to the Macs and now Macs dont want the buses stopping their at all. So they gotta find a new place to pu and drop off, its better to just make it strictly a Flag Stop for the time being, would be much less confustion! Fox Creek is 6000 poeple and its hurting alot without an agency as they've gone through I think 4 in the last 2-3 years.

Out of all these only Cold Lake,Barrhead,Westlock have since found new agents.And Cache Creek of course!

Berwyn has agreed to receive freight now for Fairview/Hines Creek/Worsley/Cleardale. It will help their little place make a few extra$$. By the way Berwyn has had an agency at the Berwyn Pharmacy for over 25 years one of the few commission agents still hangin in their from so long, theirs not many left!

Apparently they are now open 9-5:30 Monday to Friday though which is a bit better!

Even though Cold Lake did reopen in the same place run by the Agent from Bonnyville, It is not open for the outbound bus to Edmonton which is really screwy. They run 930-230 Mon to Sat. Buses Leave Cold Lake at 830 am Mon to Sat and Noon on Sundays and arrive in Cold Lake at 1145pm daily. That agency was Never open for the arrival but was always open for the departure in the past. They do it that way cause then all the Cold Lake people buy their tickets in Bonnyville.. Which is open 8-4 Mon to Sat and I think they are their just for the bus arrival/departure on Sun at 12:30.

Also Innisfail is Now reopen at the Century Theatre Hours are 8am to 4pm, Mon to Fri, not sure about Sat.

I'm surprised their waiting to announce a phone and fax # you'd think they would need it first..:D

Stettler and Innisfail are now closed.

Innisfail has reopened at the Century Theatre. Hours I believe are 8-4, Mon to Sat.

• 2 weeks later...
Even though Cold Lake did reopen in the same place run by the Agent from Bonnyville, It is not open for the outbound bus to Edmonton which is really screwy. They run 930-230 Mon to Sat. Buses Leave Cold Lake at 830 am Mon to Sat and Noon on Sundays and arrive in Cold Lake at 1145pm daily. That agency was Never open for the arrival but was always open for the departure in the past.

I did a Cold Lake trip once last week and the hours posted on the door at Cold Lake are Mon-Fri 8:15-1:30. This would mean that they are in fact open for the departure during the week but not on weekends.

I did a Cold Lake trip once last week and the hours posted on the door at Cold Lake are Mon-Fri 8:15-1:30. This would mean that they are in fact open for the departure during the week but not on weekends.

ok thanks airwolf. I know one of the regular drivers on that run, she does two Cold Lake during the week I think Sun and Thurs then does Grande Prairie on Sat, she said they were going to change to opening when the bus leaves late Apr-early May. You haven't gotten up my way yet? Maybe we will c u soon, Grande Prairie is one of the places where I see alot of Edmonton drivers and augmenting ones too, Right now I believe we have 2-3.! Normally we have 4 drivers out of here, one is on a temporary leave until further notice(since Dec could be all summer) One is Vacant, and the other is our driver trainer who is out training. The driver covering the Temp vacancy is on holidays for 3 weeks and the one covering the vacant spot is off for 2 days this week. Gp is a pain in the rear for the Edmonton spareboard!!

ok thanks airwolf. I know one of the regular drivers on that run, she does two Cold Lake during the week I think Sun and Thurs then does Grande Prairie on Sat, she said they were going to change to opening when the bus leaves late Apr-early May. You haven't gotten up my way yet? Maybe we will c u soon, Grande Prairie is one of the places where I see alot of Edmonton drivers and augmenting ones too, Right now I believe we have 2-3.! Normally we have 4 drivers out of here, one is on a temporary leave until further notice(since Dec could be all summer) One is Vacant, and the other is our driver trainer who is out training. The driver covering the Temp vacancy is on holidays for 3 weeks and the one covering the vacant spot is off for 2 days this week. Gp is a pain in the rear for the Edmonton spareboard!!

I have actually returned back to Vancouver as of Monday. I was a tad bit surprised to have not gone on a GP trip. I got every other route out of Edmonton, including both Saskatoon routes. Hopefully I'll get out your way again soon. I do know they are polling the Vancouver Spareboard for at least one but probably two or three drivers to Augment starting Friday. I would have taken this one but I only just got home and believe I need to spend some time with my family before I go back and do this again. Maybe I'll be back next month. We'll see.

I have actually returned back to Vancouver as of Monday. I was a tad bit surprised to have not gone on a GP trip. I got every other route out of Edmonton, including both Saskatoon routes. Hopefully I'll get out your way again soon. I do know they are polling the Vancouver Spareboard for at least one but probably two or three drivers to Augment starting Friday. I would have taken this one but I only just got home and believe I need to spend some time with my family before I go back and do this again. Maybe I'll be back next month. We'll see.

Not surprising...they're so short of drivers out of Edmonton its just crazy...is this ur first time augmenting in Edmonton?

Yeah Im surprised u didnt get to Gp either...Its sure different workin out of Edmonton vs Vancouver Im sure.

Not surprising...they're so short of drivers out of Edmonton its just crazy...is this ur first time augmenting in Edmonton?

Yeah Im surprised u didnt get to Gp either...Its sure different workin out of Edmonton vs Vancouver Im sure.

This was actually my third augment to Edmonton. Both of the previous two happened in 2009. I got to GP twice during the Christmas rush of 2009, once as an overload leaving at 14:15 and once as a regular leaving at 06:30.

Oh BTW! Vegreville closed on April 29th. I do know they had another agent lined up. Anyone know if that new agent has opened yet?

• 1 month later...

The Vegreville agency is Now Closed,the former agent is now running the Duncan,Bc agency. They were supposed to have a new agent in Vegreville, not sure what happened to that though. I beleive all freight will be re-directed to Innisfree. Not sure how well Vegreville did?

The Vegreville agency is Now Closed,the former agent is now running the Duncan,Bc agency. They were supposed to have a new agent in Vegreville, not sure what happened to that though. I beleive all freight will be re-directed to Innisfree. Not sure how well Vegreville did?

Vegreville is Now reopen with a new agent.

• 2 weeks later...
Greyhound has now cut the windsor-leamington-chatham route(as of July 1st) that ran fridays and sundays...Aboutown Transportation is now taking over the run(same times and days).

I dont know much about this run, but have read up on Abouttown and Im sure they could do better with smaller equipment and lower operating costs. They seem to be doing okay on other runs they have taken over from Greyhound.

By reading all of this it sounds like the demise of Greyhound Canada is nearing. Goodbye Voyageur! haha! :) If that actually happens I hope Megabus will be smart and make it's move to the NCR.

Greyhound Canada is not going anywhere...They are owned by a Billion dollar parent who is improving Greyhound...in Canada a lot slower than most people would expect..but they are doing it. Greyhound's parcel express operation makes them very good $$ in Canada as its their most profitable division. In the USA they have done major improvements to buses and terminals amongst other things.

• 1 month later...

I finally made it to Greyhound's Sportsword Drive depot. Speaking with the gentleman looking after the operation at the time of my visit it sounds like this is an agency operation. While passengers are handled here as well as downtown at the St. Charles Street terminal in Kitchener, Ontario, all parcels are dropped at this location. Interesting operation out of a large tent, disguised as a overgrown bus, number 100 of the fleet. No doubt a special Greyhound sighting for me of fleet number 100.

• 4 weeks later...

The Following have Now Closed; Hardisty,Rochester and apparently Millet?? Also theirs a new agent in Coronation. Also Hope is under new management, same location.Theirs also a new agent I believe in Innisfail...The Century Theatre. Drayton Valley changed agents a few months back too.

Lac La Biche Agency is Closed as of Nov.1.

They re-opened back in Mar-Apr. Same building...different spot.

The Following have Now Closed; Hardisty,Rochester and apparently Millet?? Also theirs a new agent in Coronation. Also Hope is under new management, same location.Theirs also a new agent I believe in Innisfail...The Century Theatre. Drayton Valley changed agents a few months back too.

They re-opened back in Mar-Apr. Same building...different spot.

I remember seeing a memo regarding the reopening when I was in Edmonton in April. It was posted shortly after I arrived there near the end of the month.

I dont know much about this run, but have read up on Abouttown and Im sure they could do better with smaller equipment and lower operating costs. They seem to be doing okay on other runs they have taken over from Greyhound.

Abouttown has been doing very well taking over former Greyhound routes in southern Ontario. Im sure they will do the same with this route as well.

• 3 weeks later...
When Vegreville changed hands at the end of April, did they happen to make mention as to weather they were still at the same location or moved to a new location?

That kind of played into an interesting situation. Initially when it changed management it was still in the same place, however as of Oct.1 it changed again and the people who run the Sears in Vegreville took it over, and they also have the Sears in Wainwright and re-opened an agency their as well.

Camrose agency has Now Changed Management too...It is now run by At Your Service Enterprises who operate the Wetaskiwin agency. Of Course a Natural choice for the two to be run by the same people. I also hear they may re-establish the Camrose-Wetaskiwin service? Anyone know more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...