Recent Deliveries

Couldnt find any topic of recent bus deliveries so I thought I woud start one here for the USA.

07/25/2010

Mountian Line Missoula MT 4-2010 Eldorado National EZ Rider 30'BRT's

Indigo Transit Indiana Pennsylvania 4-2010 Eldorado National EZ Rider 30' BRT's CNG

Minot City Transit Minot ND 2-2010 Eldorado National EZ Rider MAX 30'

Des Moines DART 15 -2010 40' Orion VII

City of Fargo ND 5-2010 New Flyer D35LFR's

City of Moorehead MN 1-2010 New Flyer D35LFR

City of Grand Forks ND 2-2010 New Flyer DE35LFR's 2-2010 New Flyer D35LFR's

Ottumwa Transit Authority Ottumwa, IA 9-2010 Eldorado National Passport 29'

City of Cedar Rapids IA 4-2010 Gillig LF 35'

Milwaukee County Transit System 90-New Flyer D40LFR's

Detroit DOT 50 2010-New Flyer D40LF's

Metro Area Transit Omaha NE 12-Gillig LF 40' 12-Gillig LF 35'

Blacksburg Transit Blacksburg VA-7-2010 New Flyer DE40LFR's 2-2010 New Flyer DE60LFR's(On the assembly Line as we speak)

CARTA Charleston SC 11-2010 New Flyer D35LFR's

That's all I have for now Please feel free to add to the list.

James R. Roach

Columbia Transit will be getting their 5 Gillig BRT 40ft models sometime this Fall to replace a few of their 2000 New Flyer D40LFs.

I thought Des Moines DART got 20 2010 Orion VII NGs back in the Spring, not 15 or is this another batch? Did Cedar Rapids order 4 more Gillig LFs, plus the 4 they bought last year?

Columbia Transit will be getting their 5 Gillig BRT 40ft models sometime this Fall to replace a few of their 2000 New Flyer D40LFs.

I thought Des Moines DART got 20 2010 Orion VII NGs back in the Spring, not 15 or is this another batch? Did Cedar Rapids order 4 more Gillig LFs, plus the 4 they bought last year?

15 were delivered back in april the other 5 are due in sept. Cedar Rapids did receive 4 more gilligs last month.

Toledo Ohio is the first EDN Axess 35ft customers with 20 of them added back in march.

Saw 'em this past weekend; my, are they ugly. Whatever happened to the Blue Bird/ NABI order?

Think this means both RTS and Flxibles are relatively no more. Shame...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Board Admin
September 23, 2010

Industry News

Wis. agency adds New Flyer hybrids

OSHKOSH, Wis. — Oshkosh Transit (OTS) put four new hybrid-electric buses from New Flyer into service this week, the Advance Titan reports.

OTS estimates that the new vehicles, which will be circulated on all city fixed-routes throughout the year, will save over 7,000 gallons of diesel each year, when compared to conventional diesel buses. In addition to the fuel savings, the hybrids emit less pollution.

The hybrid buses were funded entirely by a $2.1 million American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) grant provided by the FTA. The project was selected for funding by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

To view the OTS brochure describing the vehicles, click here.

Copyright © 2010 Metro Magazine. All Rights Reserved.

Brochure about the new buses: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/Transit/pdf/Hybrid_Brochure.pdf